ADVERTISEMENT

Sobering numbers (or at least they should be)

It’s absolutely your god given right not to get the vaccine at this point…it’s not law. But it’s also their right to deny you service. Healthcare is private, not a right. Correct? I’m asking why they don’t deny service. It would fix their problem.
Yes, this I agree with. We have rights to make our decision, I don't want anyone to lose that. That doesn't mean that I expect decisions not to potentially have consequences, ALL decisions have consequences. I hope that no one thinks my position is that personal decisions don't have consequences, becuase that would be inncorrect.

You don't know what 'etc.' means?

Really? That's what you want to discuss? Just go back to bed and come back when you want to talk with grown ups on grown up issues. If you think the media has fairly discussed Biden's failures over the past year, then say so. Don't be a wussy and fall back on "etc." as some lame ass comeback.

Really? That's what you want to discuss? Just go back to bed and come back when you want to talk with grown ups on grown up issues. If you think the media has fairly discussed Biden's failures over the past year, then say so. Don't be a wussy and fall back on "etc." as some lame ass comeback.
You were the one made the ridiculous claim that Goat couldn't address all your points simply because he didn't itemize them the same as you did.

I deleted because I reacted poorly. I suppose I got triggered by being called dumb multiple times and I know what I have become with my business. I'll leave at that and let's move on. You've always seemed fair minded so I hope we can just move on, as I said.
I think we would all do better if we self deleted more often.

You were the one made the ridiculous claim that Goat couldn't address all your points simply because he didn't itemize them the same as you did.

Ok. So address what he didn't. Show me all the MSM articles, reports, and segments on the border over the past 10 months. Look, goat wanted to talk about the stuff he remembered. A segment here or there, especially on Afghanistan. And I agreed, for a short time, CNN et al, criticized him. But like the lap dogs they are, they quickly pivoted to mask mandate. And don't even try to say the MSM was critical on Biden on inflation. Maybe in the past 30 days, but not all year.

This is a serious question…

Why aren’t hospitals turning away unvaccinated patients? Seems a very simple solution to the surge. The % of unvaccinated people for serious, legit reasons has to be a fraction of the unvaccinated.

People who did the responsible thing shouldn’t have screenings and other legit medical procedures and routine “maintenance” put off due to irresponsible people.

Is this an ethical obligation, or do hospital administrators see dollar signs with long term covid patients?
god bless you.

Reactions: Lucy01
Lol. I don't think CNN has said anything since Biden diverted the subject with the mask mandate announcement during the withdrawal. And as for monitoring those places, Google is your friend if you how to use it.
Then, you haven't been watching CNN at all this week. Google, by the way, does not index what is broadcast on CNN -- the broadcast content is not the same as the content on CNN.com.

Then, you haven't been watching CNN at all this week. Google, by the way, does not index what is broadcast on CNN -- the broadcast content is not the same as the content on CNN.com.

It does if you know how to request it. Learn.

Reactions: Lucy01
We make children get those vaccines to go to school and because they've been proven to work without serious side effects.

Covid vaccines appear to only lessen the effect of the virus - not stop it.

Adults are not required to get 'measles and TB and other vaccines".

TDAP for adults if you have kids

As I said.

I understand you are not going to be objective about this. Once you guys politicize this...there is no turning back. Whatever Tucker carlson tells you to think...go with that.

Go laundry!

why can’t people separate facts on this board? Clearly the vaccines are not preventing transmission anywhere near the expectation (see highly vaccinated countries and areas with massive case count surges).

that doesn’t mean it doesn’t provide better protection than nothing (not natural immunity, but never having the virus or vaccine), particularly as it relates to serious disease.

It does not appear to be offering much protection against getting the disease right now. New York is one of the most vaccinated places on the planet and they are burning just as bright with infections as anywhere else.
Not only that but everyone in new york is masked 24/7. I know people who have never worn masks and never got covid and vice versa. Masks are for show.

Cnn is throwing biden under the bus because they know he is a losing ticket in 2024. I expect them to start ramping up the kamala love soon. They would never criticize biden if they thought he could win again.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
Outstanding post.

So when we hear there is not a real ICU bed shortage in hospitals but a staff shortage, that isn't exactly true. We have more people in ICU than we physically could have had pre-covid:

Pre-pandemic number of ICU beds in Indiana = 1,400​
Number of ICU beds after pandemic ramp-up = 2,022​
In Indiana we have added over 600 ICU beds.

I appreciate what Governor Holcomb said today regarding AG Rokita saying the COVID numbers are made up:

"I will say that I was stunned and somewhat blindsided by the attorney general when he said he didn't trust any information because that to me hit home," Holcomb said during a COVID-19 press conference. "It's quite serious when you accuse or insinuate anyone of inflating numbers. In my book, that's called fraud."

Sadly Rokita will be our next governor because the people rejecting 1+1=2 love Rokita.

Rokita is a pile of shit that I'll never vote for. He's a perennial loser with the personality of a light pole.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
My kids and wife had Covid in Sept (probably Delta). Now I have it along with several others in my family (including a Covid ward Dr, who made it until now, then his kids brought it home)...all adults Pfizer vaxxed.

Is what it is. I didn't have a breakthrough in September, but my wife did. Certainly came from my daughter's preschool then, and highly likely did round 2. Or it came from one of my nephews week before Christmas. Kids are great transmitters.....fortunately (almost) none of them get very sick at all.

My opinion is unchanged.... one of my best DR friends told me in spring of 2020..... "It's a fkn airborne virus.... we're all getting it". They don't go away and never will. Who cares when you get covid. Everyone will get it. Get the vax and booster. And move on with your life.

The vax has done the main work of giving you protection from a novel virus our bodies aren't used to. That's about all that can expected.

Immunity for a coronavirus lasts a few months, at best. Pretty sure pharma would have created a common cold (coronavirus/ rhinovius) fireproof vax or pill long ago if such a thing were doable.

Last edited:
I'll add..... at this point, WTF is really the benefit of all this Covid testing? What public health benefit is being achieved by doing hundreds of millions of tests for a virus that is rampant everywhere?

I drove by a site today in Indy and people were lined up around the block for tests. For what purpose would you get in a line of sick people for a test that tells you that you are sick?

Last edited:
A noted commentator said Wednesday that she got COVID in Jan 21, Got Vaccinated, then got a booster (two shots) and had a breakthrough case in Dec. 21.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
I'll add..... at this point, WTF is really the benefit of all this Covid testing? What public health benefit is being achieved by doing hundreds of millions of tests for a virus that is rampant everywhere?

I drove by a site today in Indy and people were lined up around the block for tests. For what purpose would you get in a line of sick people for a test that tells you that you are sick?
The home test kit is the only way to go!

Last edited:
My opinion is unchanged.... one of my best DR friends told me in spring of 2020..... "It's a fkn airborne virus.... we're all getting it".
I dont think doctors have a clue...A group of friends of mine 3 vaxed 3 unvaxed traveled together in a car for 6 hours recently. 1 came home feeling Ill (vaxed) the other 5 didn't. Tested positive for covid. None of the others got it. How do you breath the same air for 6 hours and not get if its airborne.

Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
This is a serious question…

Why aren’t hospitals turning away unvaccinated patients? Seems a very simple solution to the surge. The % of unvaccinated people for serious, legit reasons has to be a fraction of the unvaccinated.

People who did the responsible thing shouldn’t have screenings and other legit medical procedures and routine “maintenance” put off due to irresponsible people.

Is this an ethical obligation, or do hospital administrators see dollar signs with long term covid patients?
I’d guess the Hypocratic Oath factors in- Doctors are required to save life

I dont think doctors have a clue...A group of friends of mine 3 vaxed 3 unvaxed traveled together in a car for 6 hours recently. 1 came home feeling Ill (vaxed) the other 5 didn't. Tested positive for covid. None of the others got it. How do you breath the same air for 6 hours and not get if its airborne.
Toilet seat?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I agree. I keep hearing about vaxxed people being asymptomatic and getting tested. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they are getting tested. My house is completely vaxxed and boosted, we had a cold go around a couple weeks back. We treated it like a cold. These common seasonal sicknesses are still going to happen.

Reactions: Spartans9312

I think it is the messaging around the illness...particularly with this Omicron variant. Two years of telling people they are horrible people who are killing folks if they don't do X (and that can be a few different things: socially distance, wear a mask, vaccinate, etc.) is mixed with this virus having symptoms that are almost ubiquitous with any of the myriad viruses that float around this time of year. So people are hyper-vigilant. You don't want to be the person passing this on to others.

So we test.

My kids and wife had Covid in Sept (probably Delta). Now I have it along with several others in my family (including a Covid ward Dr, who made it until now, then his kids brought it home)...all adults Pfizer vaxxed.

Is what it is. I didn't have a breakthrough in September, but my wife did. Certainly came from my daughter's preschool then, and highly likely did round 2. Or it came from one of my nephews week before Christmas. Kids are great transmitters.....fortunately (almost) none of them get very sick at all.

My opinion is unchanged.... one of my best DR friends told me in spring of 2020..... "It's a fkn airborne virus.... we're all getting it". They don't go away and never will. Who cares when you get covid. Everyone will get it. Get the vax and booster. And move on with your life.

The vax has done the main work of giving you protection from a novel virus our bodies aren't used to. That's about all that can expected.

Immunity for a coronavirus lasts a few months, at best. Pretty sure pharma would have created a common cold (coronavirus/ rhinovius) fireproof vax or pill long ago if such a thing were doable.

good thing about kids is that they tend to spread it easily but with lower viral loads, which may no longer be important, but it was for a while.

I agree. I keep hearing about vaxxed people being asymptomatic and getting tested. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they are getting tested. My house is completely vaxxed and boosted, we had a cold go around a couple weeks back. We treated it like a cold. These common seasonal sicknesses are still going to happen.

My sister is in a nursing home. We wanted to visit her this week, we got tested. It made sense to us.

FWIW, being in a Medicaid nursing home has to be one of the worst possible existences. My sister was complaining that she couldn’t get help in the morning as there was only one person on duty. While we were there, one guy was yelling for help for 15 minutes before anyone came (he was in pain and wanted medicine and put into his bed, something I couldn’t help with). The other times we’ve visited the place just felt sad, this time it crossed well past morose.

My sister is in a nursing home. We wanted to visit her this week, we got tested. It made sense to us.

FWIW, being in a Medicaid nursing home has to be one of the worst possible existences. My sister was complaining that she couldn’t get help in the morning as there was only one person on duty. While we were there, one guy was yelling for help for 15 minutes before anyone came (he was in pain and wanted medicine and put into his bed, something I couldn’t help with). The other times we’ve visited the place just felt sad, this time it crossed well past morose.
Only prison is probably worse

makes you wonder if the urge to extend life is actually worth it and who benefits

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

If you are headed for a Medicaid nursing home, just pour a few stiff drinks, then go start the car in the closed garage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT