ADVERTISEMENT

Sobering numbers (or at least they should be)

Also, it would help if Indiana media let people know how much Rokita sucks.

And national media let people know how much Biden/Harris suck. From ARP helping to cause inflation and supply chain problems to the botched Afghan withdrawal to the border mess to crime increases to screwing up Covid WITH a vaccine to higher gas prices. I probably missed something else they screwed up.

Sadly CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, NYT, WAPO, LAT, ChiTrib, USA Today, et al, stay pretty much silent. But go ahead and bitch about Rokita and the IN media.

Indiana voted for Obama in 2008, though?

Huh, just checked the numbers, Didn't realize Trump got 57% of the Indiana vote in 2020. That surprises me.
Indiana has taken a right turn. I don’t think a D will win a statewide election for a long, long time.

It’s absolutely your god given right not to get the vaccine at this point…it’s not law. But it’s also their right to deny you service. Healthcare is private, not a right. Correct? I’m asking why they don’t deny service. It would fix their problem.
If you drink or smoke or obese shouldn't the hospital turn you away to? Sick argument.

Sorry, as much satisfaction as it might give you, you just can't do that. When you show up at the hospital, you don't want people applying arbitrary measures of "deserving" to different people. Too fat? Your heart attack can wait. Too poor? No MRI for you. No vax? Go to the back of the line, we have better paying jobs ahead of you. Too bad if you drown in your own mucous.
I understand your point, and I agree with most of it. That said, the vax choice/decision is hardly "arbitrary'. Refusing to vax is not only ignorant but dangerous to the rest of us let alone the economy and education.

Sorry, but the unvaxxed will need to wait if necessary and be responsible for their own medical bills.

I KNOW this will never happen...but it should.

It just dawned on me that this might, just might, be an opening for Pete. I never saw him being a viable candidate for statewide office in Indiana before, but if Rokita is the nominee and he continues his race toward Looney Town...
The more exposure Todd gets, the better Pete looks. That said, Pete's eyes are on bigger fish until they are not.

I understand your point, and I agree with most of it. That said, the vax choice/decision is hardly "arbitrary'. Refusing to vax is not only ignorant but dangerous to the rest of us let alone the economy and education.

Sorry, but the unvaxxed will need to wait if necessary and be responsible for their own medical bills.

How can the unvaccinated be dangerous to the vaccinated?
I didn’t think you had an answer for my question!

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and Zeester NC
So does this show that the vax is actually causing more cases? There were less vaxed before, and lower #'s. more vaxed now and higher numbers. I think I made a good decision. Thanks man.
Never ceases to amaze me how you manage to become dumber by the day. Congratulations.
When compared to you Joe’s IQs off the charts😝

So the smokers and obese should be turned away as well. They cause the taxpayers way more money in health care loses each year than an unvaxxed person ever will. And how is someone not getting vaxxed dangerous to anyone but themselves? Those vaxxed are transmitting and having break thru cases at alarming rates as well. Where has all your concern about health of those around you been the last couple decades while the obese and smokers have been costing taxpayers trillions?

And national media let people know how much Biden/Harris suck. From ARP helping to cause inflation and supply chain problems to the botched Afghan withdrawal to the border mess to crime increases to screwing up Covid WITH a vaccine to higher gas prices. I probably missed something else they screwed up.

Sadly CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, NYT, WAPO, LAT, ChiTrib, USA Today, et al, stay pretty much silent. But go ahead and bitch about Rokita and the IN media.
Holy shit you're dumb.

Reactions: Zizkov
It just dawned on me that this might, just might, be an opening for Pete. I never saw him being a viable candidate for statewide office in Indiana before, but if Rokita is the nominee and he continues his race toward Looney Town...
Unfortunately I think he would still lose. And for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: UncleMark
Unfortunately I think he would still lose. And for all the wrong reasons.
I would hope it was over policy and not that he's gay. Pretty pathetic imo if that's the case. That said I liked Pete during his campaign. After his paternity leave while we were in a crisis I would never vote for him for anything. Ever.

This is a serious question…

Why aren’t hospitals turning away unvaccinated patients? Seems a very simple solution to the surge. The % of unvaccinated people for serious, legit reasons has to be a fraction of the unvaccinated.

People who did the responsible thing shouldn’t have screenings and other legit medical procedures and routine “maintenance” put off due to irresponsible people.

Is this an ethical obligation, or do hospital administrators see dollar signs with long term covid patients?
Hospitals should never turn anyone who is sick or injured away for any reason. They take an important oath and its one they should absolutely up hold.

Insurance companies on the other hand...

I would hope it was over policy and not that he's gay. Pretty pathetic imo if that's the case. That said I liked Pete during his campaign. After his paternity leave while we were in a crisis I would never vote for him for anything. Ever.
Unfortunately its exactly why. The Hoosier state is the Mississippi of the north. I live here. Its as bad as I ever remember. His only shot would be getting the 18-40 year old's to turn out. They don't care about that shit.

Yeah that wasn't a good look. But I suspect you were never going to vote for him for anything anyway. Too "extreme".

Him being gay would be part of it, anyone who says otherwise is lying. He would already be facing headwinds in this state because he is a Democrat. Which means he would need strong turn out and support from the common Democrat core constituencies. Check the black community's views on homosexuality. Add that to that community already being unhappy with him because of how he handled some things in South Bend.

So you take some of the things you mentioned that are related to policy and then add in the gay thing on top of it and I think he would have a really, really hard time winning governor. Things happen sometimes but I don't expect Mayor Pete to become Governor Pete...not of this state at least.

Explain please.

Before you attack me, I am vaccinated.
I am not sure how anyone could possibly need this explained unless they simply won't read and follow the basic...and I mean BASIC science.

Variants love the unvaxxed

The economy
Education (schools)
Health care for non-covid issues
Health care workers
The elderly
The national deficit
Sports fans
Etc
Etc
Etc

All hate the unvaxxed idiots.

Yeah, I don't think the gay thing is impactful and here is why.

The fine folks who would not vote for him because he is gay would not have voted for him anyway because he is a democrat. Same guy... doesn't vote for him only once.

BTW, I do disagree with you on the paternity leave thing. He is Transpo Czar (sorta) and he was basically on-call like most of us would be during paternity leave (which I never got).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Hospitals should never turn anyone who is sick or injured away for any reason. They take an important oath and its one they should absolutely up hold.

Insurance companies on the other hand...
They take in the uninsured and illegal aliens with no insurance but people want them to turn away people with covid? Once you open that can of worms you can never turn back. Talk about throwing the term " Compassionate USA" out the window. You might as well start the death panels at that point and determine who lives and dies.

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, I don't think the gay thing is impactful and here is why.

The fine folks who would not vote for him because he is gay would not have voted for him anyway because he is a democrat. Same guy... doesn't vote for him only once.

BTW, I do disagree with you on the paternity leave thing. He is Transpo Czar (sorta) and he was basically on-call like most of us would be during paternity leave (which I never got).
He was purportedly "Off line" for a month. Regardless of whether he was on-call or not, for some of us it was the optics that mattered most. One you go to work. Two you don't take advantages the rest of us don't have. He took leave before he would have ever been even eligible under the Federal employee plan. Third the guy is making $250,000 to sit home. Four we were in a crisis. He should have been sitting with the CFR on his lap opened to the Transportation Regs section at the port saying I'm here fighting for you guys. Instead it was just more entitlement/virtue-signaling. 90% of life is showing up. I've always believed that you can put up with a lot of shit as they your workers show up and are trying and act like their job is a priority

Last edited:
This comment alone disqualifies you from any further discussion.
Are you kidding me? You take dumb to a new level. If ADE happens where does that leave you? You just keep getting booster jabbed. I'm sure your immune system isn't worth a sh*t by now. But keep preaching you always make my day and keep me laughing.

Are you kidding me? You take dumb to a new level. If ADE happens where does that leave you? You just keep getting booster jabbed. I'm sure your immune system isn't worth a sh*t by now. But keep preaching you always make my day and keep me laughing.
Right on cue.

I am not sure how anyone could possibly need this explained unless they simply won't read and follow the basic...and I mean BASIC science.

The economy
Education (schools)
Health care workers
The elderly
The national deficit
Sports fans
Etc
Etc
Etc

No it's just you...I know vaxed and unvaxed. It's a choice. And everyone I know respects whatever decision someone makes about it. I know people that have died both vaxed and unvaxed. To sit high and mighty and point fingers is ignorant. Covid seems to pick and choose who it wants to take. There's some protein or antibody or whatever people are with or without and they have not figured it out yet.

But to call people out is stupid. Good for you your vaxed or gay or lib or whatever you are but don't hate on people for a decision they want to make.

The economy
Education (schools)
Health care workers
The elderly
The national deficit
Sports fans
Etc
Etc
Etc

Respectfully, I think you need to go back and review the science. Coming from someone who is vaccinated, currently has COVID, and was infected by someone who was vaccinated. These vaccines are not like an MMR or the polio vaccine. They appear to keep you from getting as sick. However they do not protect you from getting sick, nor do they impact your ability to get other's sick. So the OP you responded to is correct, these vaccines are more about personal health for most. The only public impact is potentially helping to unburden hospitals.

Finally, the new variants are likely to arise either way. You cannot pull any study that is going to tell you that Omicron and Delta are because of unvaccinated Americans.

You aren't superior because you got a shot. So just stop.

Coming from someone who is vaccinated, currently has COVID, and was infected by someone who was vaccinated. These vaccines are not like an MMR or the polio vaccine. They appear to keep you from getting as sick. However they do not protect you from getting sick, nor do they impact your ability to get other's sick.
It's worth noting here that the shots have gotten less & less effective with each new variant. Worked great with the OG strain, has not gotten to the point that it's just preventing severe illness. Still better than nothing I suppose, but certainly not the polio vaccine.

Him being gay would be part of it, anyone who says otherwise is lying. He would already be facing headwinds in this state because he is a Democrat. Which means he would need strong turn out and support from the common Democrat core constituencies. Check the black community's views on homosexuality. Add that to that community already being unhappy with him because of how he handled some things in South Bend.

So you take some of the things you mentioned that are related to policy and then add in the gay thing on top of it and I think he would have a really, really hard time winning governor. Things happen sometimes but I don't expect Mayor Pete to become Governor Pete...not of this state at least.
I think in Indiana the D next to his name is the real issue.

I think in Indiana the D next to his name is the real issue.
Absolutely, which is why I said that was already a major headwind he would be facing. When you start with a handicap like that, each and every additional thing that could turn a voter off from you is a hindrance. Being gay is a hindrance.

Unfortunately its exactly why. The Hoosier state is the Mississippi of the north. I live here. Its as bad as I ever remember. His only shot would be getting the 18-40 year old's to turn out. They don't care about that shit.

Yeah that wasn't a good look. But I suspect you were never going to vote for him for anything anyway. Too "extreme".
Why anyone would vote for Pete is beyond me, no qualifications. Did a great job as mayor of SB - just ask them. Who cares if he is gay or not the question is does he have qualifications and would he do a good job? No.

Respectfully, I think you need to go back and review the science. Coming from someone who is vaccinated, currently has COVID, and was infected by someone who was vaccinated. These vaccines are not like an MMR or the polio vaccine. They appear to keep you from getting as sick. However they do not protect you from getting sick, nor do they impact your ability to get other's sick. So the OP you responded to is correct, these vaccines are more about personal health for most. The only public impact is potentially helping to unburden hospitals.

Finally, the new variants are likely to arise either way. You cannot pull any study that is going to tell you that Omicron and Delta are because of unvaccinated Americans.

You aren't superior because you got a shot. So just stop.
As I said

your dangerous
France announced the rollout of a series of new COVID-19 measures on Monday, putting limits on everything from bars to stadiums as cases surge in the country.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex said the rules will be in effect for at least the next three weeks. One of the new measures prohibits people from eating and drinking in sports stadiums and theaters and on public transportation. People will also have to sit, not stand, at bars and concert venues.

Additionally, anyone whose job allows them to work from home will be required to do so for at least three days a week.

They are setting the stage for more lockdowns and a fourth jab. I guarantee two months from now they will be promoting a fourth jab and we will likely be in a some sort of lockdown again soon.

But as more and more jabbed people keep getting COVID the jab narrative is losing steam fast. Going to be very tough to talk alot of people into a forth jab let alone a fifth one. You will likely have a heck of time even gettting a majority to get the third jab now.

France announced the rollout of a series of new COVID-19 measures on Monday, putting limits on everything from bars to stadiums as cases surge in the country.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex said the rules will be in effect for at least the next three weeks. One of the new measures prohibits people from eating and drinking in sports stadiums and theaters and on public transportation. People will also have to sit, not stand, at bars and concert venues.

Additionally, anyone whose job allows them to work from home will be required to do so for at least three days a week.

They are setting the stage for more lockdowns and a fourth jab. I guarantee two months from now they will be promoting a fourth jab and we will likely be in a some sort of lockdown again soon.

But as more and more jabbed people keep getting COVID the jab narrative is losing steam fast. Going to be very tough to talk alot of people into a forth jab let alone a fifth one. You will likely have a heck of time even gettting a majority to get the third jab now.
The jab narrative is more important than ever.

Will these dumb ****s ever come around and help us get out of this?

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw

I personally know more people with Covid right now than ever before. Some knocked on their ass sick. But none in the hospital. All vaccinated. If the vaccines keep us out of the hospital they are a wonderful boon.

The jab narrative is more important than ever.

Will these dumb ****s ever come around and help us get out of this?
Why do you think getting vaccinated will get us out of this? It's the thing to do because it clearly reduces the likelihood of hospitalizations and allows us to maintain some semblance of normalcy but it won't get us "out of this" unless/until other countries, poorer countries, India, Pakistan, African countries, drastically improve their vaccination rates. Otherwise variants will continue to emerge and find their way over here where the vaccinated here continue to pass it on. Right? Or am I wrong on that front?

We make people get measles and TB and other vaccines. We forced people to get smallpox vaccines. So what year did this right happen.

I actually don't know I want the government mandating vaccines, but when did this right come into existence and does it apply to all the other vaccines?
We make children get those vaccines to go to school and because they've been proven to work without serious side effects.

Covid vaccines appear to only lessen the effect of the virus - not stop it.

Adults are not required to get 'measles and TB and other vaccines".

You are behind times.

CNN has been criticizing Biden routinely for the last few months on several subjects and mistakes, specifically blasting him harshly for the Afghanistan withdrawal,

Come on, tell the truth now -- there's no way you faithfully monitor "CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, NYT, WAPO, LAT, ChiTrib, USA Today, et al," as your post suggests, is there? Fess up, now.

I don't know about you, but i don't give a sh!t about someone's narrative. The data all show boosted people have better odds for not getting severely sick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT