ADVERTISEMENT

Lest We Forget ...

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
This week, the Kentucky Covid site stopped showing our county-by-county map of "Red/Green/Yellow" current Covid rates.

It reminded me to go back and look at the two main sites I followed starting in January 2020, when the shit hit the fan - Worldometer (which kept reported global numbers) and the CDC (which kept its own US reported numbers). No surprise - they now disagree on their estimates by a pretty wide margin, and even use different dates to measure. Example - Worldometer has the US for 1,164,019 deaths. CDC has us for 1,128.903. The 35,116 difference is 3% of the CDC number. Don't know if that is "statistically significant." Considering the rest of the numbers, I'll just. agree in advance to "no."

I'll use the CDC numbers:

They estimate that between February 2020 - September 2021, (that's 20 months for the digitally impaired), 146,585,169 "infections occurred" in the US (among all ages) (oddly, they do not say how many PEOPLE were infected with Covid, despite - to me - that being a pretty important number. If you can find that number on a CDC report, let me know.).

123,979,337 (84.5%) were symptomatic.

921,371 (0.7% of the "infections") Covid-attributed deaths occurred. (I assumed THIS was an actual number of PERSONS. I could be wrong. Data is tricksy.)

7,506,029 hospitalizations occurred (5% of "infections" - not sure if that is "persons" - some may have gone in twice).

The deaths were 12% of the hospitalizations (raw number - not a persons number.)

BUT ... only 1 in 4 cases were estimated by CDC to have been reported, so the cases may have been as high as 586,340,676 (in a nation of 332,000,000 estimated citizens/persons - lies, damned lies and statistics, eh?)

As of June 1, the CDC is archiving all of its data into databanks unusable by all but the folks with Masters Degrees or better in data crap, and has already changed most of its reporting processes and data collections/review.

Nobody cares anymore.

17% of the US considered "updated" as a booster status.

End of the day - most of us were probably at less risk than we felt like, but the science can't tell us yet why A died and B sneezed. Maybe never will.

But we sure puked out the hate. So its all good.

BUT ... only 1 in 4 cases were estimated by CDC to have been reported, so the cases may have been as high as 586,340,676 (in a nation of 332,000,000 estimated citizens/persons - lies, damned lies and statistics, eh?) ….

This is actually possible… persons got COVID multiple times … the vaccine was shown not to prevent (all) infections, or transmission … especially after the more infectious mutations, emerged as the dominant variant. Paper masks were shown to be generally ineffective from the start, for an air borne pathogen.

I don’t know if I ever got it or not. I’d say it’s more likey I did … than not. I had a case of flu that settled in my lungs in Oct 2019 … it’s not impossible I had it then … working in a city with a large international airport.

Meanwhile, a reviled (by many) incumbent president lost re-election due to dissatisfaction from the economic and social impact from the now ill-advised public health shutdown from a virus that could have been a de-facto act of war.

Last edited:
It was a bad cold. And we ruined ourselves over it. The death of an empire.

1920’s America would’ve took it in the chin and kept on ticking’.
And there were those of us saying this in real time. Conspiracy Theorist. Fought, canceled and destroyed by sheep.
But we aren't going to hit them, we aren't going to hit them, the HELL WE AINT ! baaaam ! every GD chance I get.

It was a bad cold. And we ruined ourselves over it. The death of an empire.

1920’s America would’ve took it in the chin and kept on ticking’.
1918 Spanish Flu epidemic says "Hi".

blog-_-img_Timeline-1_small.jpg

Listen Bulk. I know it knocked you out bad. I would recommend a better diet and more movement. But it was a nothing. Most of the people that died were in a 6 month shot clock anyway.
You get a pass from a continued argument due to your sincere concern. Thank you...really.

BTW, I hope you are as active as I am in 42 years when you are 60.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT