ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

Didn’t really know where to put this and I’m certainly not an anti vaxxer but this just happened to someone I work with. This is a woman in her 30’s, not overweight, with no health issues that I know of.

Is this a known issue with the Moderna vaccine or was this just a freak occurrence?
Just got my third Moderna

no issues

my lack of exercise and bad eating habits paid off

Show me where I said they couldn't spread it, dumbass.

And, of course, they couldn't get it from adults, could they?

Do you and Dr. Hoops enjoy looking like fools?
This is literally the post YOU made that started my response chain...

"Cool story, bro.

I guess you didn't get the memo that kids do not spread covid easily."

I also never said that they couldn't get it from adults, although I did say I doubt they were getting it from the masked teachers at school. Still, it's pretty obvious they are getting it at school, and somehow it is spreading easily...

Which is basically why I chided you to revamp your talking points...

I have never made up MAGA stories. On my street I have two neighbors with Trump 2024 flags on their houses and homemade anti-mask, anti-vaccine signs in their windows and yard. They ride on their Trump decorated golf carts and spew hate all the time. There are a dozen others living near me.

I know that all Trumpers aren't like that (my sister is an antivaxx Trumper) but there are a TON of them. Raving Mark Lavine and Tucker Carlson worshipping nut jobs, to be avoided at all costs. Angry 24/7. Will cut you off, will ride your bumper, will just act like the asses that they are. When I see someone doing something dickish, I expect to see a Trump flag.

You need to move out of the trailer park.

"Cool story, bro.

I also never said that they couldn't get it from adults, although I did say I doubt they were getting it from the masked teachers at school. Still, it's pretty obvious they are getting it at school, and somehow it is spreading easily...

So getting back to the topic of the thread... A couple of items from the KC Star, which document life among the unvaccinated folks with covid in Missouri...

This dad wasn't an anti-vaxer, he just never made the time. After nearly dying he is recovering, but all of his kids got covid after he initially isolated at home for 2 weeks. His wife (who was vaccinated) was the only family member that remained covid free. He's speaking out...

“These nurses, doctors, are overwhelmed. They are doing the best they can but the emergency rooms are so busy with COVID patients they can’t even stop to clean up the vomit from one patient before they get a code blue and have to run because someone is dying. They are not showing us that on the nightly news. People don’t get it. This is not the sniffles.”

This is even more bizarre, as columnist Michael Ryan shares what a nurse friend has experienced while working in a KC covid ward...

"the sight of guilt-ridden young children who believe they’ve killed an unvaccinated parent by bringing the virus home.

“And as they’re dying, the kids are at the bedside apologizing,” a hospital nurse tells me.

“You’ve actually seen that?” I ask her.

“Multiple times,” says the nurse."

Vaccine hesitancy dies hard...

"One man on the cusp of needing intubation told my friend’s nursing colleague she was an idiot for being vaccinated.

“He asked her if she’d had her vaccine, and he was just like, ‘You’re stupid,’” the nurse says. “Just laid into her about how everybody’s falling for what the government says and COVID’s not real and you shouldn’t get the vaccine. While he’s laying in an ICU bed.”

There was another man who showed up to the hospital and after getting him hooked up to oxygen, the staff urged him to agree to admit himself. After berating the staff (covid isn't real etc...) he walked out of the hospital, still tethered to the oxygen. The nurse recounted that they later discovered that within 12 hrs of leaving their hospital the man was already on a ventilator at another hospital...The frustrated nurse put it this way...

"We’re all so exhausted we don’t want to beg you to stay, but we do because we know you’re going to leave and die.”

"Cool story, bro.

Do you know what the word 'easily' means? I "literally' wrote that.

They don't spread it as easily as adults. That's been known since the pandemic began, which you'd know if your head wasn't up CNN's ass.

"Still, it's pretty obvious they are getting it at school, "

Oh, you do contract tracing now? How many Ivy League degrees do you have? Do you and Ourside Shitter sit around, talking about your many advanced degrees?

Now STFU and quit bothering the adults.

So getting back to the topic of the thread... A couple of items from the KC Star, which document life among the unvaccinated folks with covid in Missouri...

This dad wasn't an anti-vaxer, he just never made the time. After nearly dying he is recovering, but all of his kids got covid after he initially isolated at home for 2 weeks. His wife (who was vaccinated) was the only family member that remained covid free. He's speaking out...

“These nurses, doctors, are overwhelmed. They are doing the best they can but the emergency rooms are so busy with COVID patients they can’t even stop to clean up the vomit from one patient before they get a code blue and have to run because someone is dying. They are not showing us that on the nightly news. People don’t get it. This is not the sniffles.”

This is even more bizarre, as columnist Michael Ryan shares what a nurse friend has experienced while working in a KC covid ward...

"the sight of guilt-ridden young children who believe they’ve killed an unvaccinated parent by bringing the virus home.

“And as they’re dying, the kids are at the bedside apologizing,” a hospital nurse tells me.

"One man on the cusp of needing intubation told my friend’s nursing colleague she was an idiot for being vaccinated.

“He asked her if she’d had her vaccine, and he was just like, ‘You’re stupid,’” the nurse says. “Just laid into her about how everybody’s falling for what the government says and COVID’s not real and you shouldn’t get the vaccine. While he’s laying in an ICU bed.”

There was another man who showed up to the hospital and after getting him hooked up to oxygen, the staff urged him to agree to admit himself. After berating the staff (covid isn't real etc...) he walked out of the hospital, still tethered to the oxygen. The nurse recounted that they later discovered that within 12 hrs of leaving their hospital the man was already on a ventilator at another hospital...The frustrated nurse put it this way...

"We’re all so exhausted we don’t want to beg you to stay, but we do because we know you’re going to leave and die.”

Blah blah fvcking blah

You do get paid by the word, don't you?

This pandemic may be the best thing that’s ever happened for your life goals…

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

I don't know if Lemon is fit to be a parent, but I will say he almost never knows what he's talking about. Including this topic.

Such a crazy disconnect that we have many countries and health experts recognizing that requiring masks for kids in schools is a questionable policy while pundits in the US and the Biden administration are pretending that opposing that policy is indefensible.

I don't know if Lemon is fit to be a parent, but I will say he almost never knows what he's talking about. Including this topic.

Such a crazy disconnect that we have many countries and health experts recognizing that requiring masks for kids in schools is a questionable policy while pundits in the US and the Biden administration are pretending that opposing that policy is indefensible.
LOL don lemon is as dumb as it gets. i'll never forget his reporting from ferguson. at one point it was cuomo, tapper, and lemon (the three stooges) all live on the ground. the only comic relief to a tragic event and subsequent riots. "Obviously there's a smell of marijuana in the air...." Lemon

Not to be confused with carlson, hannity and ingraham, the Ivermectin (horse dewormer) advocates.
These guys all make big bucks. You have to wonder how they reconcile that in j school. The money follows sensational, biased reporting

These guys all make big bucks. You have to wonder how they reconcile that in j school. The money follows sensational, biased reporting
They're entertainers, really. They're playing to an audience. I don't believe any of them, other than Lemon (who's unwatchable), have journalism degrees.

I just quickly checked. Cuomo and Ingraham are lawyers, Carlson went to elite boarding schools (surprise!) and has a degree in history, Maddow's degrees (just learned something - - she has a doctorate) are in public policy and political science, Cooper's is in poly sci, O'Donnell has a degree in economics from Harvard, and Hannity never graduated from college.

They're entertainers, really. They're playing to an audience. I don't believe any of them, other than Lemon (who's unwatchable), have journalism degrees.

I just quickly checked. Cuomo and Ingraham are lawyers, Carlson went to elite boarding schools (surprise!) and has a degree in history, Maddow's degrees (just learned something - - she has a doctorate) are in public policy and political science, Cooper's is in poly sci, O'Donnell has a degree in economics from Harvard, and Hannity never graduated from college.
The problem with their being entertainers is that we have an electorate that's too stupid to think for themselves so consequently have their views shaped by these people - people who signed up for a network team that requires they stick to the script irrespective of their own beliefs. They are doing grave harm to our country.

Nothing damaging or bizarre about this, nope not at all.

• Sad
Reactions: jet812 and dr.jb
The problem with their being entertainers is that we have an electorate that's too stupid to think for themselves so consequently have their views shaped by these people - people who signed up for a network team that requires they stick to the script irrespective of their own beliefs. They are doing grave harm to our country.

“We hope you folks in the press will act responsibly, but when you don't, there ain't a lot we can do about it. But come 3:00, I’m gonna have somebody’s ass in my briefcase.”

Signed, James J. Wells.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don't know that they're all inflicting grave harm. And I'm going to give more credence to someone who regularly provides credible (or at least semi-credible) sources for their information than someone who is simply pulling stuff out of their ass, or relies on some quack doctor's opinion in support of an entire segment on medical science. I guess if the "information" results in, for examples, a rash of calls to Arkansas Poison Control, that's "grave harm."

Reactions: TommyCracker
I don't know that they're all inflicting grave harm. And I'm going to give more credence to someone who regularly provides credible (or at least semi-credible) sources for their information than someone who is simply pulling stuff out of their ass, or relies on some quack doctor's opinion in support of an entire segment on medical science. I guess if the "information" results in, for examples, a rash of calls to Arkansas Poison Control, that's "grave harm."
Definition of grave (Entry 2 of 6)
1a: meriting serious consideration : IMPORTANT
grave problems
b: likely to produce great harm or danger
a grave mistake
c: significantly serious : CONSIDERABLE, GREAT
grave importance

since the advent of 24/7 news and entertainment news the media wields disproportionate power. from what they choose to cover and how they choose to cover they shape our country's narrative.

covid cases in clarkson county have doubled in just 24 hours. They've experienced a 100% increase in just one day. they could have gone from one case to two. we see this constantly with the reporting of icu beds and occupancy. we rarely hear the raw numbers, nor the percentage of occupancy prior to the covid additions. just the super scary percentages. i could go on and on. from blm and unarmed blacks being killed by cops without resort to the actual doj statistics to debunk same to hit pieces on cops to desantis and 60 minutes' lies. media influences our daily narratives and our perceptions of our world.

cosmic posted encyclopedic posts on mccloskey with endless links. from the cases, the charges, the lawyers involved, to the neighborhood. literally every single thing he posted was incorrect. all of it. but people eat it up. and there's no consequences for inaccuracy. just move on to the next thing. again the media is doing grave harm to our country

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and jet812
This pandemic may be the best thing that’s ever happened for your life goals…
How does posting an on-topic post on a discussion board have any relation to "my life goals"? Such a clever snide remark that earned you a like from another pompous, overbearing poster that for whatever reason takes pleasure in launching personal attacks on me.

You guys can mutually "like" your posts attacking me for whatever jollies you get. When a substantial poster starts to join in, then I'll worry that I might be offending people who matter. Hasn't really been the case to this point...

So any justification for attacking my post, besides your childish attempt to berate me?

Is my post-off-topic for the thread it's posted in? Let's check... Thread-topic "All that needs to be said about anti-vaxers" . My post dealt EXCLUSIVELY with anti-vaxers, so perfectly ON TARGET...

Now if you don't want to DISCUSS anti-vaxers, that's fine. But why in the hell would you complain about posts that are directly related to the THREAD SUBJECT?

If you and your sycophants aren't interested in the thread SUBJECT, there are plenty of others to choose from, without demeaning people who are participating within the context of the subject of the thread. I contribute posts that I think will be of interest to the people who are participating in the thread, based on their CHOICE to post relevant commentary within it.

If this thread was about pro-vaccine people and I chose to interject comments about anti-vax people then you could make a solid case it's off-topic. But clearly, I am addressing the subject matter inherent in the thread title. And Ohio Guy started this thread and included this within his OP, and I specifically submitted a post that dealt directly with this particular aspect of his OP...

"If you're not going to get vaccinated because you think COVID is a hoax or not a big deal, then yeah, OK that's your right. If you get sick with COVID and start to realize that it really is a 'big deal' or 'no joke', people are losing patience with your comin' to Jesus moment in the hospital."

My post dealt with EXACTLY that scenario, and while anyone is free to read it, it is directly addressed to Ohio Guy's point and any other people who are interested in the specific topic HE CHOSE. If that's not you, then why the hell are you commenting stupidly on someone who has made a post EXACTLY related to the subject at hand?

TBH it makes you look not only petty but pretty stupid as well...

How does posting an on-topic post on a discussion board have any relation to "my life goals"? Such a clever snide remark that earned you a like from another pompous, overbearing poster that for whatever reason takes pleasure in launching personal attacks on me.

You guys can mutually "like" your posts attacking me for whatever jollies you get. When a substantial poster starts to join in, then I'll worry that I might be offending people who matter. Hasn't really been the case to this point...

So any justification for attacking my post, besides your childish attempt to berate me?

Is my post-off-topic for the thread it's posted in? Let's check... Thread-topic "All that needs to be said about anti-vaxers" . My post dealt EXCLUSIVELY with anti-vaxers, so perfectly ON TARGET...

Now if you don't want to DISCUSS anti-vaxers, that's fine. But why in the hell would you complain about posts that are directly related to the THREAD SUBJECT?

If you and your sycophants aren't interested in the thread SUBJECT, there are plenty of others to choose from, without demeaning people who are participating within the context of the subject of the thread. I contribute posts that I think will be of interest to the people who are participating in the thread, based on their CHOICE to post relevant commentary within it.

If this thread was about pro-vaccine people and I chose to interject comments about anti-vax people then you could make a solid case it's off-topic. But clearly, I am addressing the subject matter inherent in the thread title. And Ohio Guy started this thread and included this within his OP, and I specifically submitted a post that dealt directly with this particular aspect of his OP...

"If you're not going to get vaccinated because you think COVID is a hoax or not a big deal, then yeah, OK that's your right. If you get sick with COVID and start to realize that it really is a 'big deal' or 'no joke', people are losing patience with your comin' to Jesus moment in the hospital."

My post dealt with EXACTLY that scenario, and while anyone is free to read it, it is directly addressed to Ohio Guy's point and any other people who are interested in the specific topic HE CHOSE. If that's not you, then why the hell are you commenting stupidly on someone who has made a post EXACTLY related to the subject at hand?

TBH it makes you look not only petty but pretty stupid as well...
Good for you, you’ve found your special purpose. Don’t get hung up on the specific post where I replied, I could have posted that remark in dozens of other spots. Enjoy your day of searching the fringes for more examples of ludicrous behavior to attribute to everyone not a flaming liberal. 😂😂😂.

For anyone who might be interested, while you're perusing a thread about the crazy antics of anti-vaxers...

"A Florida dad fighting his daughter’s high school’s mask mandate assaulted another student, pushing her and wrenching her arm, according to police.

Dan Bauman, 50, has been charged with aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony, according to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department."

In the daily News story, it mentions that all of this occurred in front of a PO and a school security guard and that the two of them had to get Bauman off the other student prior to arresting him.

I can only imagine how the guy's daughter feels, and not sure embarrassing is a descriptive enough term. Hard for me to remember back that far, but I can't believe that watching my parent assault one of my classmates would be anything less than mortifying.

And this is certainly not just an innocent anti-vaxer just trying to protect his kid. This guy (Bauman) is a known agitator who has deliberately sparked mask confrontations in several stores. In fact, last year at about this same time police were called to a local Home Depot after he sparked a confrontation by wearing pink thong underwear as a facemask...

For anyone who might be interested, while you're perusing a thread about the crazy antics of anti-vaxers...

"A Florida dad fighting his daughter’s high school’s mask mandate assaulted another student, pushing her and wrenching her arm, according to police.

Dan Bauman, 50, has been charged with aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony, according to the Fort Lauderdale Police Department."

In the daily News story, it mentions that all of this occurred in front of a PO and a school security guard and that the two of them had to get Bauman off the other student prior to arresting him.

I can only imagine how the guy's daughter feels, and not sure embarrassing is a descriptive enough term. Hard for me to remember back that far, but I can't believe that watching my parent assault one of my classmates would be anything less than mortifying.

And this is certainly not just an innocent anti-vaxer just trying to protect his kid. This guy (Bauman) is a known agitator who has deliberately sparked mask confrontations in several stores. In fact, last year at about this same time police were called to a local Home Depot after he sparked a confrontation by wearing pink thong underwear as a facemask...

was the thong underwear used? lol

crazy

It’s become clear that the real problem is the education system. Once Woodstock Nation took over the schools, functional illiterates were allowed to graduate, and so, once again, we see that the lefty left is at bedrock fault for the stupid on BOTH sides.

Thank God no one’s feelings got hurt though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT