ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

These people will “own the libs” to death. But that’s what natural selection is all about.
Three prominent anti-vaxers die of covid in the past week. Bernier was another conservative icon, a long-time radio host in Fort Lauderdale who refused the vax and bragged about it. His ridiculous tweet in July earned a rebuke from Nicki Fried who is running for the Dem nomination to challenge DeSantis.

Not sure if he took ivermectin like the others, and if he did it's probably doubtful that killed him. But refusing the vaccine, there's NO DOUBT that's what killed him...

One thing these grossly false characterizations (like Benier's) of medical professionals giving covid shots being similar to Nazis conveniently forget. When Nazi doctors experimented on people in camps they weren't conducting medical experiments that the doctors themselves had experienced. People giving covid shots are all vaccinated, and they wear masks...

Speaking of vaccinations and masks, a cautionary tale about what refusing both can lead to. This is from a CDC analysis of an outbreak in an elementary school in Marin Co (CA) during a brief 6 or 7 day period in May...

So this school had one classroom per grade, an average of 25 students or so per class. On May 19 one of the two unvaccinated teachers in the school felt symptoms consistent with covid, but dismissed it as sniffles and being tired. Not only did she go to work the next day, but she actually violated the school's mask policy by removing her mask while reading a story to the kids inside the classroom...

On May 21, she finally got tested and was positive. From May 23-26, all of the students in her class were tested and out of 24, 12 tested positive. The infection rate was 80% (8 of 10) of students in the first two rows but dropped to 28% (4 of 14) in the back 3 rows.

Prior to being tested, one of the students in her class hosted a sleepover that included kids from another grade, and the kids in that class ended up testing positive at a rate of 6 of 18. Another 8 people identified as parents/siblings of the exposed students from either class also tested positive.

No other teacher tested positive so that one single teacher who was unvaccinated and violated mask policy ended up infecting 26 other people. Fortunately, there were no serious consequences to the health of any of the infected, but this was an early indication of how rapidly Delta infects the unvaccinated...

Three prominent anti-vaxers die of covid in the past week. Bernier was another conservative icon, a long-time radio host in Fort Lauderdale who refused the vax and bragged about it. His ridiculous tweet in July earned a rebuke from Nicki Fried who is running for the Dem nomination to challenge DeSantis.

Not sure if he took ivermectin like the others, and if he did it's probably doubtful that killed him. But refusing the vaccine, there's NO DOUBT that's what killed him...

One thing these grossly false characterizations (like Benier's) of medical professionals giving covid shots being similar to Nazis conveniently forget. When Nazi doctors experimented on people in camps they weren't conducting medical experiments that the doctors themselves had experienced. People giving covid shots are all vaccinated, and they wear masks...

Speaking of vaccinations and masks, a cautionary tale about what refusing both can lead to. This is from a CDC analysis of an outbreak in an elementary school in Marin Co (CA) during a brief 6 or 7 day period in May...

So this school had one classroom per grade, an average of 25 students or so per class. On May 19 one of the two unvaccinated teachers in the school felt symptoms consistent with covid, but dismissed it as sniffles and being tired. Not only did she go to work the next day, but she actually violated the school's mask policy by removing her mask while reading a story to the kids inside the classroom...

On May 21, she finally got tested and was positive. From May 23-26, all of the students in her class were tested and out of 24, 12 tested positive. The infection rate was 80% (8 of 10) of students in the first two rows but dropped to 28% (4 of 14) in the back 3 rows.

Prior to being tested, one of the students in her class hosted a sleepover that included kids from another grade, and the kids in that class ended up testing positive at a rate of 6 of 18. Another 8 people identified as parents/siblings of the exposed students from either class also tested positive.

No other teacher tested positive so that one single teacher who was unvaccinated and violated mask policy ended up infecting 26 other people. Fortunately, there were no serious consequences to the health of any of the infected, but this was an early indication of how rapidly Delta infects the unvaccinated...

Word Salad, I suggest that you stay inside your home and don’t come out and you will be fine! Enjoy your retirement.

And another one bites the dust as former CIA officer Robert David Steele dies of the disease he called a "hoax"...

Now to say this guy was stuck in the conspiracy theory rabbit hole is a gross understatement...Not only was he an anti-Semite who bragged about being the first person to label covid a hoax, but he also believed that NASA was operating a child slave colony on freaking Mars...

Yet no doubt hundreds if not thousands of vaccine opponents were likely influenced by him. I mean it boggles my mind how any SANE human being could find themselves in agreement with someone who expressed the belief that Mars was harboring a child sex ring, and not at least question if not outright reject sharing any values with that person. I mean maybe I'm too critical, but if you tell me there are sex rings on Mars I'm just not going to agree with anything you say or express belief in, subsequent to that...

And if I did find myself agreeing with any of these looneys, then watching them die of a disease they adamantly insisted was a hoax, would surely be enough to cause me to question the wisdom of agreeing with them on anything.

I mean I know the confirmation bias level is off the charts, but shit people the folks who you listen to who tell you covid is fake are all dying of covid. And the main denominator they all share (besides being general fruit loops) is that they adamantly refused to get the same vaccine you're refusing to get...WTF is wrong with this picture?

Now I'm no genius, but in that circumstance even I would figure out that the vaccine refusal led to their deaths. At that point I say to myself **** sticking it to the man, I should've gotten my ass vaccinated yesterday!! Do these folks who can't make that connection have donut holes for brains?

And another one bites the dust as former CIA officer Robert David Steele dies of the disease he called a "hoax"...

Now to say this guy was stuck in the conspiracy theory rabbit hole is a gross understatement...Not only was he an anti-Semite who bragged about being the first person to label covid a hoax, but he also believed that NASA was operating a child slave colony on freaking Mars...

Yet no doubt hundreds if not thousands of vaccine opponents were likely influenced by him. I mean it boggles my mind how any SANE human being could find themselves in agreement with someone who expressed the belief that Mars was harboring a child sex ring, and not at least question if not outright reject sharing any values with that person. I mean maybe I'm too critical, but if you tell me there are sex rings on Mars I'm just not going to agree with anything you say or express belief in, subsequent to that...

And if I did find myself agreeing with any of these looneys, then watching them die of a disease they adamantly insisted was a hoax, would surely be enough to cause me to question the wisdom of agreeing with them on anything.

I mean I know the confirmation bias level is off the charts, but shit people the folks who you listen to who tell you covid is fake are all dying of covid. And the main denominator they all share (besides being general fruit loops) is that they adamantly refused to get the same vaccine you're refusing to get...WTF is wrong with this picture?

Now I'm no genius, but in that circumstance even I would figure out that the vaccine refusal led to their deaths. At that point I say to myself **** sticking it to the man, I should've gotten my ass vaccinated yesterday!! Do these folks who can't make that connection have donut holes for brains?

And there's this:

Reactions: cosmickid
And there's this:

These are happy days for you indeed…

Reactions: DANC
And there's this:

I love how some wannabe in the firm is showing up and trying to represent the clients. Maybe I could do that part time?

Reactions: cosmickid
I would assume that includes all of the population (i.e. kids)
I honestly don't know nor do I understand it. I know folks were giving danc shit yesterday about natural immunity but I too had read same last year. What's more I had read that as much as 50 percent of the pop could have natural immunity. So if that's true how does that factor into herd immunity. Is herd immunity only derived from vaccines?

Reactions: DANC
I honestly don't know nor do I understand it. I know folks were giving danc shit yesterday about natural immunity but I too had read same last year. What's more I had read that as much as 50 percent of the pop could have natural immunity. So if that's true how does that factor into herd immunity. Is herd immunity only derived from vaccines?

Of course it isn't. Any rational person would admit or look at the data that demonstrates the higher effectiveness of natural immunity vs. vaccinations.

The issue with the herd immunity logic is that the virus can be contracted multiple times, and therefore, achieving such a state where it has no hosts with which to spread, is seemingly impossible.

You're right about one thing - you're no genius.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Of course it isn't. Any rational person would admit or look at the data that demonstrates the higher effectiveness of natural immunity vs. vaccinations.

The issue with the herd immunity logic is that the virus can be contracted multiple times, and therefore, achieving such a state where it has no hosts with which to spread, is seemingly impossible.
Key word being 'rational'.

There are multiple ways people think of herd immunity. The usual way is everyone has an immunity from having it or vaccination so the disease dies. This almost never happens.

The real way is that so few lack immunity the the disease is slow to spread. This is our most likely future if enough immunity occurs and a mutation doesn't wipe out our gains.

The other future is the virus mutates to something far less severe. It is what Spanish Flu did.

But it is almost impossible for this to go away.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I love how some wannabe in the firm is showing up and trying to represent the clients. Maybe I could do that part time?
He's probably doing the best he can with a really bad situation out of loyalty to his boss.

If there's one guy I feel for in all this, it's the "associate".

There are multiple ways people think of herd immunity. The usual way is everyone has an immunity from having it or vaccination so the disease dies. This almost never happens.

The real way is that so few lack immunity the the disease is slow to spread. This is our most likely future if enough immunity occurs and a mutation doesn't wipe out our gains.

The other future is the virus mutates to something far less severe. It is what Spanish Flu did.

But it is almost impossible for this to go away.
Pfizer ceo seems to think that mutations will render his vax ineffective

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yep another post about crazy anti-vaxers in a thread specifically dealing with crazy anti-vaxers. And as usual no credible posters "like" your post...

Yep, wash, rinse and repeat...

Do you guys ever do anything but try to hijack threads you don't agree with? Do you know the purpose of naming a thread when you start it?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
Pfizer ceo seems to think that mutations will render his vax ineffective
The numbers on Pfizer are getting worse, Moderna appears to be holding up better. I hope they get Moderna boosters to those who had Pfizer in the first round.

I saw yesterday, could not find it now in a quick check, the average age in the hospital in the UK with COVID is now 29. The Delta variant has changed much.

look at the data that demonstrates the higher effectiveness of natural immunity vs. vaccinations.
I know that there are conflicting reports, but the consensus is that: Some people who get COVID-19 get a strong antibody response. Some others get almost no antibody response (common in mild cases, actually). Most are in the middle.

Everyone who gets a vaccination has a strong antibody response, unless severely immunocompromized.

T-cell immunity very likely follows with antibody-based immunity. data is being gathered, as it is a longer-term adaptive response.

Vaaccination is the preferred route for lasting protection against symptomatic disease.

Yep another post about crazy anti-vaxers in a thread specifically dealing with crazy anti-vaxers. And as usual no credible posters "like" your post...

Yep, wash, rinse and repeat...

Do you guys ever do anything but try to hijack threads you don't agree with? Do you know the purpose of naming a thread when you start it?
Not here for likes. My purpose in responding is much the same as yours for posting in the first place…I’m just able to do so in fewer words.

I know that there are conflicting reports, but the consensus is that: Some people who get COVID-19 get a strong antibody response. Some others get almost no antibody response (common in mild cases, actually). Most are in the middle.

Everyone who gets a vaccination has a strong antibody response, unless severely immunocompromized.

T-cell immunity very likely follows with antibody-based immunity. data is being gathered, as it is a longer-term adaptive response.

Vaaccination is the preferred route for lasting protection against symptomatic disease.

You can't vaccinate your way out of it now. These strains are going to be around for a long time. The vaccinations cannot keep up with the mutations, therefore, vaccinations are never going to help get to herd immunity. They don't have the staying power required.

The numbers on Pfizer are getting worse, Moderna appears to be holding up better. I hope they get Moderna boosters to those who had Pfizer in the first round.

I saw yesterday, could not find it now in a quick check, the average age in the hospital in the UK with COVID is now 29. The Delta variant has changed much.
boosters

Biden screwed up the booster announcement. He made it sound like a done deal but it isn't. The evidence may arrive soon but he should never have made his booster announcement.
i don't think it's of much consequence tho. at first blush it was harmful bc people thought wtf i thought i was "fully" vaccinated, i'm not doing this into perpetuity blah blah blah, but now variants it appears are spooking enough people to generate a spike in vaccinations.

and i know that doesn't speak to the benefits of boosters but i trust getting more vaccinated is the primary goal

i don't think it's of much consequence tho. at first blush it was harmful bc people thought wtf i thought i was "fully" vaccinated, i'm not doing this into perpetuity blah blah blah, but now variants it appears are spooking enough people to generate a spike in vaccinations
How do they know if a person has the Delta variance because there is no test for it, just more propaganda!

• Haha
Biden screwed up the booster announcement. He made it sound like a done deal but it isn't. The evidence may arrive soon but he should never have made his booster announcement.
Lol. That announcement had absolutely nothing to do with booster shots and everything to do with diverting from the geopolitical events of the day. It served its purpose.

Reactions: jet812
i don't think it's of much consequence tho. at first blush it was harmful bc people thought wtf i thought i was "fully" vaccinated, i'm not doing this into perpetuity blah blah blah, but now variants it appears are spooking enough people to generate a spike in vaccinations.

and i know that doesn't speak to the benefits of boosters but i trust getting more vaccinated is the primary goal
It's the messaging, I sure didn't like Trump getting out over his skis and don't plan on a Biden exemption. People need to hear the best information we have. He didn't do that.

It isn't his job to cheerlead for a booster until the data says to.

It's the messaging, I sure didn't like Trump getting out over his skis and don't plan on a Biden exemption. People need to hear the best information we have. He didn't do that.

It isn't his job to cheerlead for a booster until the data says to.
Might be he perceived his job was to message something other than Afghanistan or Ida . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT