ADVERTISEMENT

Spied for Cuba for 40 years!

Death penalty is warranted. Probably get life.

Cuba has been amazingly good at infiltrating us, it makes me wonder if they are just that good or we are just that bad.

I wonder how much good he did them. We'll never know, of course. All that's being reported is that he talked a big game.
We, as in the CIA and FBI, will know a heck of a lot about what intelligence he provided to Cuba. A ton.

I was just going to post this. Amazing stuff.

On the topic of Cuba, why not just normalize all relations with them? What good are we doing by not?

On the topic of Cuba, why not just normalize all relations with them? What good are we doing by not?
The country that currently houses a Chinese spy base? They're still malignant communists at the end of the day.

It's idiotic that we have/had relations with Russia/USSR, China, Vietnam, you name it, but still think Cuba is so awful that we can't even recognize its existence.

It's idiotic that we have/had relations with Russia/USSR, China, Vietnam, you name it, but still think Cuba is so awful that we can't even recognize its existence.
We do more than recognize Cuba’s existence.

We do more than recognize Cuba’s existence.

Yeah, I'd forgotten just how much was done under Obama to move toward normal relations. Too bad we're still not allowed to do anything of any consequence with them economically.

Reactions: Morrison
Yeah, I'd forgotten just how much was done under Obama to move toward normal relations. Too bad we're still not allowed to do anything of any consequence with them economically.
We have limited engagement with them. Can’t travel there. No economic involvement. Sanction them.

It hasn’t worked. I think if more Cubans were exposed to US wealth, culture, freedom, etc. they’d be more likely to become a more open nation.

We have limited engagement with them. Can’t travel there. No economic involvement. Sanction them.

It hasn’t worked. I think if more Cubans were exposed to US wealth, culture, freedom, etc. they’d be more likely to become a more open nation.
We can travel there.

According to your link, most of us cannot:

Travel to Cuba for tourist activities remains prohibited, and U.S. federal regulations restrict travel to Cuba to licensed travelers engaged in certain specified activities.
It’s not wide open for sure. I know a couple people that have traveled there.

Travel to Cuba
Travel to Cuba for tourist activities remains prohibited, and U.S. federal regulations restrict travel to Cuba to licensed travelers engaged in certain specified activities. Anyone physically present in the United States, regardless of citizenship and nationality, must comply with these regulations. Individuals seeking to travel to Cuba are not required to obtain licenses from the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) if their travel is authorized under a general license. For travel not covered by a general license, travelers must seek OFAC authorization in the form of a specific license. OFAC provides further information on the licensing process or the categories of authorized travel . Those contemplating travel to Cuba should also consult the consular information page about the country.​

Then they got a special license or did so illegally. I have a good friend who went a couple years ago. There are extra-legal means to make it happen, for sure. That’s not what this discussion is about, though.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Political grudges die hard, unless there is something to gain. Whichever President would do it would lose Florida in the next election.

You can kayak there.

Cuba-Sea-Kayaking-near-Cayo-Saetia_0.jpg

You can travel to Cuba as along as you are part of an organized tour that has been pre-approved by US and Cuban authorities. So basically you can go only to touristy places and see what the Cubans want to to see and what our government doesn't mind you seeing. I looked into it since there is an approved biking tour of Cuba. I haven't signed up yet, though.

Under Obama, relations were trending toward more openness and there was a plan for scientific exchanges, visits of American chemists to Cuba and the reverse as well. That planned program to be run by the American Chemical Society was shut down in 2017, though, and never re-started.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You can travel to Cuba as along as you are part of an organized tour that has been pre-approved by US and Cuban authorities. So basically you can go only to touristy places and see what the Cubans want to to see and what our government doesn't mind you seeing. I looked into it since there is an approved biking tour of Cuba. I haven't signed up yet, though.

Under Obama, relations were trending toward more openness and there was a plan for scientific exchanges, visits of American chemists to Cuba and the reverse as well. That planned program to be run by the American Chemical Society was shut down in 2017, though, and never re-started.
Bike tour would be awesome

It's quite hilly and they don't have a lot of bike lanes. But on the other hand I guess traffic is pretty light, except in inner cities.
destination spot for hot chicks on the gram to get pics. like Tulum. apparently cuba is like stepping back in time with old cars etc

Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT