ADVERTISEMENT

Vermin

“Vermin”

“Deplorable”

The world is polarized…is tribalism good or bad?

Is assimilation possible?

Last edited:
Why would you want to tell them to STFU if they are asking an honest question, and not in a rude way at all?

I recall that I asked many a Brit to help me understand the popularity of the Brexit decision.

You need to meet people outside of your little bubble and talk to them. I honestly feel that there would be a lot less hate in this world if people more frequently interacted with citizens of other countries, cultures, religions, socioeconomic classes, etc.

Travel and open dialogue opens your eyes and your mind.
I am on a daily chat with natives living in argentina, chile, canada, croatia, england, wales, iceland, jamaica, haiti, and portugal. we are all very close friends. no one should be embarrassed because we elected trump. they to a person hate trump. and they are all largely very liberal. way more so than myself and the eight or so americans on the chat, many of whom are libs. i would say of the whole group only myself and two others are conservatives. but they don't think trump is some threat to america or again anything to be embarrassed about. all of those countries have their own issues and recognize the greatness of america and hold our country in only the highest of regard. this liberal we should be embarrassed by what other countries think is absolutely lost on me.

I am on a daily chat with natives living in argentina, chile, canada, croatia, england, wales, iceland, jamaica, haiti, and portugal. we are all very close friends. no one should be embarrassed because we elected trump. they to a person hate trump. and they are all largely very liberal. way more so than myself and the eight or so americans on the chat, many of whom are libs. i would say of the whole group only myself and two others are conservatives. but they don't think trump is some threat to america or again anything to be embarrassed about. all of those countries have their own issues and recognize the greatness of america and hold our country in only the highest of regard. this liberal we should be embarrassed by what other countries think is absolutely lost on me.

I have the exact same circumstance with my network of friends, seeing how international they all are. Different countries, but same. Not a single one of them “hold our country in the highest regard”, and only very clearly think there are *parts* of america that are great. They also think trump is par for the course. They of course think hes a clown, but that hes on-brand.

I have the exact same circumstance with my network of friends, seeing how international they all are. Different countries, but same. Not a single one of them “hold our country in the highest regard”, and only very clearly think there are *parts* of america that are great. They also think trump is par for the course. They of course think hes a clown, but that hes on-brand.
Oh yeah they recognize places here are shitholes and we have problems for sure. I think I meant in the context of opportunity and freedoms etc

Why not? American exceptionalism? Land of the free and home of the brave? Don't be naive. We're already a democracy in decline. Trump will complete the process.

We held on in 2020/2021 only because Trump didn't have every key slot filled with loyalists. He won't make that mistake in a second term.

He's already told us what he's going to do in a second administration. You must not be paying attention.

I'm paying attention and am not naïve. I understand the legal and constitutional structure of the United States, understand the judiciary, understand Russia's political reality in contrast to ours, and understand that Trump can't amend the US Constitution.

If you'd like to make a wager, I'll give you 1,000 to 1 odds. Please, take advantage of my naivete.

Oh yeah they recognize places here are shitholes and we have problems for sure. I think I meant in the context of opportunity and freedoms etc

When I look more closely at the countries you listed, I do think they matter a bit to this conversation, and I can’t say I have a ton of experience with Latin American countries and how they live compared to us, particularly when it comes to the idea of opportunity.

When it comes to freedom, there are a bunch of countries that absolutely match our country w freedom. I don’t think we lead that category by any measure, especially if we are talking about europe/Scandinavia, Australia/NZ or Canada.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
When I look more closely at the countries you listed, I do think they matter a bit to this conversation, and I can’t say I have a ton of experience with Latin American countries and how they live compared to us, particularly when it comes to the idea of opportunity.

When it comes to freedom, there are a bunch of countries that absolutely match our country w freedom. I don’t think we lead that category by any measure, especially if we are talking about europe/Scandinavia, Australia/NZ or Canada.
Depends. My friends in Australia for one example had an unbelievable Covid lockdown. They were furious

They're not even trying to hide it anymore. They're saying the quiet part loud. Trump in recent days has referred to political opponents as "vermin." And it wasn't a faux pas on his part. In one instance, he read it from a TelePrompter and in another he posted it on social media.

And that's not all. His campaign spokesman, while denying that Trump sounds like Hitler (or Mussolini), announced that Trump's critics' "entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House!" As someone else said, "In denying that Trump sounds like a Nazi, his spokesman sounds like Goebbels." Some other fair commentary - - former Republican Congressman Joe Walsh: "Dictator's spokesman making clear what the dictator will do."

Excited about voting for this, far-righties? Jesus God.

From deplorabless to vermin.

What's next ?

Reactions: Spartans9312
I'm paying attention and am not naïve. I understand the legal and constitutional structure of the United States, understand the judiciary, understand Russia's political reality in contrast to ours, and understand that Trump can't amend the US Constitution.

If you'd like to make a wager, I'll give you 1,000 to 1 odds. Please, take advantage of my naivete.

I have no doubt Trump will try and I wouldn't be shocked if he comes closer next time (God forbid people give him another chance) but I would hope you are right that there are enough safe guards.

Seems like we were a Pence away from testing that last time and you know he will pick a VP more carefully next time.

Because it gets embarrassing when they think your whole country is stupid. I remember a really long taxi ride in 2016 where the driver wanted to talk about politics. We all promised him there was no way Trump would get elected. First we get hit with the ugly Americans, from people who don’t know how to travel, then we get this. Those guys may want to stay here, but I doubt it has anything to do with Trump.
Victim much?

The right sided with Putin because the US sided with Ukraine while Biden was in office. It doesn't go any deeper than that.

The only reason they didn't do the same with Israel and Hamas is their base would never let them. Israel is the only foreign policy issue their voters actually care about. So since they found themselves on the same side as the left, they instead spend their energy convincing themselves that Biden actually secretly supports Iran, etc.

It's all very basic and transparent.
Do you think it's fair to say there is an internal battle brewing within the Far Right? There is the neo-Nazi,Fascist wing which actually reveres Hitler and detests Jews, people like Fuentes and his ilk...

But then there are the Evangelicals/Fundamentalist Christians who don't really like Jews but adopt a rabid pro-Israel stance based on biblical prophecy. The Holy Land, Revelations, the onset of Jesus's kingdom on Earth. They basically need the Jews, and more specifically the Zionists to be the placeholder and help usher in the End of Time.

Listen closely to what they actually say and read between the lines. I get the sense they tolerate Jews (at least those who are right wing), but ultimately that not believing in Jesus thingy will be a barrier too large to overcome when the Jews outlive their usefulness... Heck the church I was raised in didn't even consider Catholics as fellow Christians, so you can imagine how they viewed Jews on an individual level. But boy did they love them some Israel...

Reactions: UncleMark
From deplorabless to vermin.

What's next ?
I did not like deplorables either. I can say that, even though not one conservative can say that about vermin. Not one. The difference is, Hillary’s was a gaffe, an off the cuff remark. Trump’s was purposefully written into his speech. He also tweeted it. And deplorable does not have Nazi undertones.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/11/11/...-immigration-detention-deportation/index.html. Here’s some more about Trump/Miller immigration plans. Camps, deporting dreamers, and so much more. This would NOT be good for business or the economy, not to mention the moral aspect. At Trump’s last unhinged speech, he started yammering about Hannibal Lectors coming into the country. That quickly segued in his deranged mind into making fun of Nancy Pelosi’s husband again. Repulsive human.

Depends. My friends in Australia for one example had an unbelievable Covid lockdown. They were furious

I have a bunch of Aussie friends, and yes, some were furious about all that. Some also were more sanguine about it all. But I agree that some of their early policies were super crazy. Like, early on, they were forcing people to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks, no matter what a COVID test proved otherwise That’s nuts. But all of those regulations were rolled back. They’re back to being as free as you n me.

First, I didn't say you're naive (how do you get the two dots over the "i"?). I suggested it's a state you want to avoid.

Next, the article Bill cited discusses Putin's execution of election law amendments that will facilitate his remaining in power indefinitely. Bill misspoke and referenced an amendment to the constitution but I knew what he meant.

Speaking of the Constitution, Trump doesn't think much of it. We know that from his statement last December. And by interfering in state election processes, Trump's also established that he's not a big fan of federalism.

Consider this hypothetical. Trump is elected next November. The following presidential election is then held as scheduled in November 2028. Trump decides, though, that the election results are suspicious in several swing states. He claims they were rigged. Alternate slates of electors are produced, voting machines are inspected and/or seized, there is confusion and chaos, and Trump decides he's not leaving until there's complete clarity with respect to the winner. Days turn into weeks, weeks into months. No constitutional amendment is called for nor is even necessary. Don the Con sticks around indefinitely.

I know. Crazy, right? Except we got a sneak preview in 2020/2021. The system held, but only because The Con didn't have all his guys in the right places, including at VP. He won't make that mistake again.

You know what else I would have said was a crazy notion just eight or nine years ago? That a United States president would seek to corruptly and criminally overturn an election he lost.

There is no bottom with Trump. His plan for a second term is straight from the dictators' playbook. Anyone who thinks he'll act with any kind of restraint in a second term is not thinking clearly.

Why would you want to tell them to STFU if they are asking an honest question, and not in a rude way at all?

I recall that I asked many a Brit to help me understand the popularity of the Brexit decision.

You need to meet people outside of your little bubble and talk to them. I honestly feel that there would be a lot less hate in this world if people more frequently interacted with citizens of other countries, cultures, religions, socioeconomic classes, etc.

Travel and open dialogue opens your eyes and your mind.
I was merely offering zeke a way out as she painted a picture of it being a pain to deal with.

• Haha
Reactions: GigGoo
Right. Pardon me if I don’t want to perpetuate the Ugly American overseas that we often richly deserve. You try that though and see what kind of service you’ll get.
Okay, maybe a bit harsh. How about "oh I don't follow politics" if you don't feel like responding to foreigners questions about American politics? Again, I don't think you mind engaging politics when asked, just a hunch I have though...

Okay, maybe a bit harsh. How about "oh I don't follow politics" if you don't feel like responding to foreigners questions about American politics? Again, I don't think you mind engaging politics when asked, just a hunch I have though...
Oh I don’t mind, most of the time. I quickly let them know I’m not a Trump supporter. They usually ask who is, because most of the Americans they meet are not.

They can probably tell zeke is not a Trump supporter by listening to her talk and by the fact that she has all of her teeth
https://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/the-passport-map-who-travels-among-americans/us-passport-map/. And there’s this. And I do understand that many people are unable to afford travel often, but I’ve often thought like Rick Steves, that it would do so much good if everyone could travel outside the US at least once early in their formative years.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
How? By sending billions to Ukraine?
He said the "right" is appeasing Russia. There are a number of real conservatives who are supporting continuing funding to Ukraine, but the wackos lead by Gaetz and MTG are saying not one penny more. Not sure how you can imply the right is not appeasing Russia. Ever since Trump had repeatedly referred to Putin as a smart and strong leader and then shamelessly kissed his ass in Helsinki (why would anyone not believe an authoritarian who was a former KGB officer?), the wacko right in congress has been silent about Trump's bromance, Russian aggression and human rights violation.

George Washington? Makes as much sense as what you are spouting.
He was a Patriot. I know you democrats are very unfamiliar with that term. Currently there is a communist authoritarian running things which you all seem to love and support.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
re Brexit, most Brits I talked to wanted to stay in the EU. They thought Brexit was driven in part by anti-immigrant sentiment and secondly by a fear that they were always going to be dragged down economically by countries like Spain and Greece.

He was a Patriot. I know you democrats are very unfamiliar with that term. Currently there is a communist authoritarian running things which you all seem to love and support.
Oh the irony, the irony. Even you can surely understand that the people trying to overturn the election are NOT patriots. Even you should be able to understand that the guy who urged the people to overturn the election was NOT a patriot, and indeed is the one who is trying to be an authoritarian. You are the one with zero understanding of patriot. Try the dictionary and do better.

Reactions: Bill4411
First, I didn't say you're naive (how do you get the two dots over the "i"?). I suggested it's a state you want to avoid.

Next, the article Bill cited discusses Putin's execution of election law amendments that will facilitate his remaining in power indefinitely. Bill misspoke and referenced an amendment to the constitution but I knew what he meant.

Speaking of the Constitution, Trump doesn't think much of it. We know that from his statement last December. And by interfering in state election processes, Trump's also established that he's not a big fan of federalism.

Consider this hypothetical. Trump is elected next November. The following presidential election is then held as scheduled in November 2028. Trump decides, though, that the election results are suspicious in several swing states. He claims they were rigged. Alternate slates of electors are produced, voting machines are inspected and/or seized, there is confusion and chaos, and Trump decides he's not leaving until there's complete clarity with respect to the winner. Days turn into weeks, weeks into months. No constitutional amendment is called for nor is even necessary. Don the Con sticks around indefinitely.

I know. Crazy, right? Except we got a sneak preview in 2020/2021. The system held, but only because The Con didn't have all his guys in the right places, including at VP. He won't make that mistake again.

You know what else I would have said was a crazy notion just eight or nine years ago? That a United States president would seek to corruptly and criminally overturn an election he lost.

There is no bottom with Trump. His plan for a second term is straight from the dictators' playbook. Anyone who thinks he'll act with any kind of restraint in a second term is not thinking clearly.
@UncleMark quit deleting my posts. I’m trying to make some money.

And, once again, bowlmania this is a lot of words to say you’re to scared to make the bet because you’re full of it. Is that better uncs?

@UncleMark quit deleting my posts. I’m trying to make some money.

And, once again, bowlmania this is a lot of words to say you’re to scared to make the bet because you’re full of it. Is that better uncs?
they can't silence us!!!!! DREAM TEAM. DO NOT. LET. THEM. BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
they can't silence us!!!!! DREAM TEAM. DO NOT. LET. THEM. BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant Stop Me Season 3 GIF by Our Cartoon President

Put the board of directors on notice, we might need them tonight.

• Haha
You don't have sex anymore.

Your team isn't winning anything if that's the case. 😄
That’s where you’re wrong. Murt, for the first time ever in life is fully focused on the Dream Team. Below are some pictures of beautiful ladies that a few years ago would have distracted Murt from the mission, but not now. He doesn’t give two shits about those beautiful tits and ass.

Sexy Temptation Island GIF by RTL

Sexy Hot Girl GIF

naked scarlett johansson GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT