ADVERTISEMENT

Spartan

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
What a job that one does not feel they can leave if they are having an active miscarriage, or are dying.

CVS will get away with "she was told to leave". But that doesn't answer the underlying, "would she be punished for missing matrixes"? It has me thinking of switching to Kroger or WalMart but I know a former WalMart store manager and his stories are virtually identical.

Not everything is the fault of corporate greed. Some people just make bad decisions that prove to be sometimes fatal.

Hope this helps.

Not everything is the fault of corporate greed. Some people just make bad decisions that prove to be sometimes fatal.

Hope this helps.

Yea, helps a lot. not

Not everything is the fault of corporate greed and it all depends on management/leadership for different companies. But corporate greed is often an issue, which is why unions popped up.

Yea, helps a lot. not

Not everything is the fault of corporate greed and it all depends on management/leadership for different companies. But corporate greed is often an issue, which is why unions popped up.
If unions are meant to protect workers, why the need for a minimum wage and OSHA?

Seems rather redundant. Why are you layering federally mandated worker protections on top of already bargained for worker protections?

It’s almost as if the government just wants to stick its finger in any pie it can.

What a job that one does not feel they can leave if they are having an active miscarriage, or are dying.

CVS will get away with "she was told to leave". But that doesn't answer the underlying, "would she be punished for missing matrixes"? It has me thinking of switching to Kroger or WalMart but I know a former WalMart store manager and his stories are virtually identical.

This is American work culture, and it is nearly universal.

If unions are meant to protect workers, why the need for a minimum wage and OSHA?

Seems rather redundant. Why are you layering federally mandated worker protections on top of already bargained for worker protections?

It’s almost as if the government just wants to stick its finger in any pie it can.
Not everyone is in a union einstein.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Yea, helps a lot. not

Fortune 50 companies today like Apple, Amazon, Microsoft operate at far higher margins than companies that spurred the birth of American labor unions in the 19th century.

Should Apple, Amazon and Microsoft be unionized? The best way to tell greed is to look at profits I would think.

So make the case for Apple, Amazon and Microsoft being unionized despite their employees being paid well above market average.

Unions have been largely neutered by people who want workers as slaves to their employers?

This is American work culture, and it is nearly universal.
That's true, but right now there are a lot of stories out about pharmacists being a job no one wants for the reasons in that article. It seems especially bad.

We need something between our culture and France's in the power struggle between "worker is just another word for slave" and "no work for full pay".

Unions have largely died out as they are a net drag on employers and employees is what you were trying to say.
Right, because an American employee would NEVER EVER feel the need to work until they drop dead on the floor, or work through a miscarriage. That could not possibly happen, companies always care about their employees.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Right, because an American employee would NEVER EVER feel the need to work until they drop dead on the floor, or work through a miscarriage. That could not possibly happen, companies always care about their employees.
I have no reason to doubt that the lady in this case felt that way. It doesn’t mean her decision to keep working wasn’t completely foolhardy. Her decision to visit an emergency room and close the pharmacy or call in a replacement would be covered by every single employment law and contract known to man.

I have no reason to doubt that the lady in this case felt that way. It doesn’t mean her decision to keep working wasn’t completely foolhardy. Her decision to visit an emergency room and close the pharmacy or call in a replacement would be covered by every single employment law and contract known to man.
That's fair. The problem I suspect, don't know in this case but I've seen it, is people are often told "sure, you have a right to (lunch/sick time/etc) but our policy is you are required to complete 1000 units this week, will you get there by taking a lunch".

I got dinged in a performance review because, in the quarter, I left the system to go to the bathroom 30 minutes before a scheduled break. Once. "You couldn't have held it 30 minutes longer?" I was answering calls on a hotline, didn't miss any numbers.

I've had jobs where if I took a sick day I am sure that would have started a hunt to find a reason to fire me, even if they couldn't say it was a sick day I was entitled to. I wonder, how often do employees win those type of cases? I don't know, but I suspect companies can be smart enough to do it successfully.

That's fair. The problem I suspect, don't know in this case but I've seen it, is people are often told "sure, you have a right to (lunch/sick time/etc) but our policy is you are required to complete 1000 units this week, will you get there by taking a lunch".

I got dinged in a performance review because, in the quarter, I left the system to go to the bathroom 30 minutes before a scheduled break. Once. "You couldn't have held it 30 minutes longer?" I was answering calls on a hotline, didn't miss any numbers.

I've had jobs where if I took a sick day I am sure that would have started a hunt to find a reason to fire me, even if they couldn't say it was a sick day I was entitled to. I wonder, how often do employees win those type of cases? I don't know, but I suspect companies can be smart enough to do it successfully.
As part of my volunteer commitments I do some stuff with express scripts. Pharmacist is a really tough gig. I never would have known. The pharmacists are a super miserable, frustrated, hard-worked crew. I actually like them a lot as a lot but damn they bitch more than I do. They also make more money than I realized

Because not every workplace in unionized?

Because I am from the government and I'm here to help.

28 year old guy that I knew went to quick care last week with chest pains. They diagnosed him with acid reflux and sent him home. He had a massive heart attack and died later that night.

Left a wife and a one year old kid.

Heart attacks are scary stuff.
my number one fear. just looking at my search history evidences same
what time is it in sialkot
what side of your body is your heart on
are alexandra daddario's boobs real
what dogs can beat a coyote
what does it mean if your left arm is numb
if i screenshot an instagram post will the person know

You should work in a busy law firm sometime as a young associate trying to make it and the partners expecting you to be working and available 24/7.

You act like that her main concern was what her bosses think or what corporate law would allow. Couldn't be her desire to serve patients in need above and beyond what her employer seemed willing to do, could it?

My wife is one of those people who chats up everyone she sees, and the local CVS pharmacists have been bemoaning the corporate demands they've been working under for forever. Several have had to walk away.

Sad story. She should have closed the store and went to hospital. There would not have been any repercussions on her.

With that said…this is the problem with corporate healthcare. I have beat this drum on here quite a bit.

From 1999-2002, I worked for a really busy independent. Open 9 AM to 8 PM and we worked with 4 full time pharmacists and 6 to 8 techs thru that time period. We were filling 3800-4000 scripts a week.

I have worked for a chain since fall of 2002. The store i have been working at is filling 4500-5000 scripts a week. We have 8 hours of total pharmacist overlap for the entire week.

My profession has went to hell. It started with PBMs and has continued the slide.

my number one fear. just looking at my search history evidences same
what time is it in sialkot
what side of your body is your heart on
are alexandra daddario's boobs real
what dogs can beat a coyote
what does it mean if your left arm is numb
if i screenshot an instagram post will the person know

What did your search find about the books?

Asking for the board.

Can anyone explain to me what a pharmacy benefit manager does other than suck money out of the healthcare system?

Seems like a complete scam.

So CVS owns one of the top PBM's. That PBM "negotiates" with CVS to "lower" the price of drugs or the PBM won't put it in their formulary. Who really thinks CVS is owning an entity that is lowering CVS' profits? I am not a business major but that makes no sense.

Googling PBM's results in a lot of "they save money" articles. The one group that stands out, pharmacists, who pointed out CVS' role in owning a giant in the industry.

But they raise another interesting question. Your physician prescribes your medicine. They aren't necessarily prescribing the best medicine for your condition. They prescribe the best medicine for your condition inside your formulary. That seems like an interesting difference.

Of course the article is slanted toward neighborhood pharmacies. I personally miss the neighborhood pharmacy. I certainly wonder why I should trust CVS to negotiate with CVS to give me the best possible deal.

Reactions: larsIU
So CVS owns one of the top PBM's. That PBM "negotiates" with CVS to "lower" the price of drugs or the PBM won't put it in their formulary. Who really thinks CVS is owning an entity that is lowering CVS' profits? I am not a business major but that makes no sense.

Googling PBM's results in a lot of "they save money" articles. The one group that stands out, pharmacists, who pointed out CVS' role in owning a giant in the industry.

But they raise another interesting question. Your physician prescribes your medicine. They aren't necessarily prescribing the best medicine for your condition. They prescribe the best medicine for your condition inside your formulary. That seems like an interesting difference.

Of course the article is slanted toward neighborhood pharmacies. I personally miss the neighborhood pharmacy. I certainly wonder why I should trust CVS to negotiate with CVS to give me the best possible deal.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://ncpa.org/sites/default/files/2020-09/ncpa-response-to-pcma-ads.pdf
Because Mr Gower was always in the back drunk, screwing up orders and charging too much.

Obvs.

I can not understand why the entire pill counting position hasn't been automated across the industry. This has to be one of the lowest hanging fruits on the tree. Silly .

I think he’s the most famous pharmacist/druggist in movie history, isn’t he?
Not Miracle Max? He helped someone mostly dead.

I looked at tv pharmacists online, I haven't seen most of the shows with one. Friends with Phoebe's dad was the exception. So yep, it probably has to be Gower or Walter White.

Not Miracle Max? He helped someone mostly dead.

I looked at tv pharmacists online, I haven't seen most of the shows with one. Friends with Phoebe's dad was the exception. So yep, it probably has to be Gower or Walter White.
White was a high school chemistry teacher. I looked up articles too. Crazy who the top 5 were. Most aren’t pharmacists at all!

@hoosboot there is opportunity here. Rural pharmacist serial killer who is also an avid sports-board poster and member of an online Dream Team. Has a poster of Gower up in his back room. It writes itself!

I’ll want full editorial control over the final script, by the way. We aren’t turning our complex antihero into a superhero.

White was a high school chemistry teacher. I looked up articles too. Crazy who the top 5 were. Most aren’t pharmacists at all!

@hoosboot there is opportunity here. Rural pharmacist serial killer who is also an avid sports-board poster and member of an online Dream Team. Has a poster of Gower up in his back room. It writes itself!

I’ll want full editorial control over the final script, by the way. We aren’t turning our complex antihero into a superhero.

Yes, White's side job was dispensing drugs.

Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT