ADVERTISEMENT

Question for mods

Problem is, if you followed that test long term, the results probably would have differed unless you continued to provide extra instruction.

But I generally agree with your conclusion, which is why detracking is a stupid idea.

Brad, interestingly you bring up learning and the long term.

In college was a liberal arts student who habitually crammed material just before tests. Thus knew a lot of stuff about a variety of subjects for a short time. Never really well educated in any field.

Have been asked what I wanted to be when in college. Response is, "Didn't know in college or ever since".

Knowing what you want as a career and having the aptitude to be good at it is like cheating in my view.

Last edited:
Reactions: BradStevens
I want my daughter to do what feels right for her. You don't trust your daughter?

And I do think I could do 30 something too if it felt right.
Yeah...I just want my daughter to be happy. If she's empowered to pursue that, we've done a great job as parents.

We know very little about the actual relationship between Brown and Harris. I've not seen much detail about the dynamics of their relationship, how serious it got, why they broke up, etc.

There are all kinds of reasons to not like Kamala Harris and to not vote for her. However, IMHO, it says more about the character of the people trying to make something out of her relationship than it does about the character of Kamala Harris.

Reactions: Morrison
My daughter is 32 and her boyfriend is 10 years older. I like the guy, but should I be pissed instead?

I was leading 30 Sailors at 29. I think it's old enough to make decisions. I hope it was. ;)
And people are trying cases at 29. But times today are different and that Gen is more immature in many ways. A 60 yr old doesn’t have much in common with a 29 yr old. Both have other motives in the vast majority of instances. And my god the hell that 60 yr old would endure if that 29 yr old has friends and family.
It could work if she has limited education and her parents are dead and she has horrible daddy issues and is sick of her friends and desperately needs to be saved. But a lot would still have to go right. Not be into social media etc. it’s a tall task and my heart goes out to those with the courage to try

This is becoming a good thread

There's not a GD thing disingenuous about it. WTF?
Bullshit. If your daughter, now 32, started dating a 62-year-old to advance her career, you'd have a big problem with it. You know that. Knock off the crap with "I trust my daughter, don't you"--we're talking in hypotheticals, here.

Also, you could never pull a woman that looked like Harris at 30 and angling for career advancement, there, George Clooney. Give me a break.

Bullshit. If your daughter, now 32, started dating a 62-year-old to advance her career, you'd have a big problem with it. You know that. Knock off the crap with "I trust my daughter, don't you" crap--we're talking in hypotheticals, here.

Also, you could never pull a woman that looked like Harris at 30 and angling for career advancement, there, George Clooney. Give me a break.
And Harris would never have been the presidential candidate if she weighed two bills with a 100 iq Howard/Hastings/flunked the bar background. Sex helped and shouldn’t be off limits. Just reality

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
No, but don't tell her that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BradStevens
Bullshit. If your daughter, now 32, started dating a 62-year-old to advance her career, you'd have a big problem with it. You know that. Knock off the crap with "I trust my daughter, don't you"--we're talking in hypotheticals, here.

We’re getting into an area here I know quite a bit about. 40 you can basically pull anything you want. 50 is viewed completely differently and not remotely the same drill. 60 they think is just an old man

And people are trying cases at 29. But times today are different and that Gen is more immature in many ways. A 60 yr old doesn’t have much in common with a 29 yr old. Both have other motives in the vast majority of instances. And my god the hell that 60 yr old would endure if that 29 yr old has friends and family.
It could work if she has limited education and her parents are dead and she has horrible daddy issues and is sick of her friends and desperately needs to be saved. But a lot would still have to go right. Not be into social media etc. it’s a tall task and my heart goes out to those with the courage to try

This is becoming a good thread
If anyone can play the authority card here, I guess, it's you. Thank your for your knowledge and experience in this area.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Yes. This is black and white. A 29 year old dating a 60+ year old is done for specific reasons. You could flip the genders, the people, etc. People are in radically different phases of life at those ages. He’s old enough to have been her dad.

Stop rationalizing the obvious because Trump and at least live in reality.

Next you are going to convince yourself Bellichick’s woman is with him for his sense of style and personality.

After seeing his roast of Tom Brady, she just might be after him because of his style and personality.

Of course it is. Those kinds of women "let you do it."
Are you saying g they don’t? That’s the only real question!
I’ve known many who do let you, and enjoy a man that takes charge instead of being a pussy.

Reactions: DANC
We're hanging out on the water cooler. Most of us would struggle with picking up a middle aged chubby 40 year old. Just keeping it real.
well see that's when these chicks have an epiphany. when brad's at the bar and doesn't give a shit what she orders and picks up the tab and is telling her about the interesting cases he's working on at THE FIRM HE OWNS it's all gravy as she's looking at pics of her dipshit guy friends dressed like barstool clowns wearing the jersey of another adult at wrigley pounding beers. brad looks awesome. but eventually she'll find herself on the couch while brad is in the other room leading a zoom meeting with anonymous people he met over the internet to discuss a book that was written before she was born and has never heard of. then things look a little differently and she starts shooting snaps over to those barstool guys as she feels like she's missing out while brad starts to develop the DTs wondering what app she's always on and who she is messaging on it.

or something

Meh...with all due respect, bullshit back in your general direction. Why the f would I want to manage my daughter's dating life when she is 32? If I've done my job well, my daughter will be making decisions that bring her happiness and joy. And as long as she is doing that while trying to avoid hurting other people, I'll be thrilled.

It's her own happiness that she's working for...not mine.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Ask Willie Brown if he forced himself on her or was she all for it.
Ask Willie if he initiated or Karlmala initiated the “relationship”.
For the record, I couldn’t give two shits, other than the total hypocrisy from the left on this.
The only thing that makes this a thing, are the left! It’s gorilla dust, it’s a distraction from the real issues.
The left want to forcibly place a continuation of a banana pudding government and the MAGA are helping.
Let it go. Concentrate on the real issues.

Reactions: DANC
Meh...with all due respect, bullshit back in your general direction. Why the f would I want to manage my daughter's dating life when she is 32? If I've done my job well, my daughter will be making decisions that bring her happiness and joy. And as long as she is doing that while trying to avoid hurting other people, I'll be thrilled.

It's her own happiness that she's working for...not mine.

Well hopefully yours was raised to pursue happiness for the right reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT