ADVERTISEMENT

The joy of X

We stayed at a hotel in Botswana witha watch out for hippos sign and we’re right on the river. We woke up every night with dozens of hippos munching grass on the lawn. I loved watching them, especially the babies.
Did the fat ones have blue hair?

Talk about bad takes. This starts off questionable and then goes off the rails

Talk about bad takes. This starts off questionable and then goes off the rails

Agree with all of it. Swimming is an awful sport. I'd rather watch and play frisbee golf. And it costs way too much for individual high schools to each build and maintain their own pools. Incredible waste of resources.

I'd sign a petition making it illegal to hold competitive swimming events anywhere in the United States.

"X has created some form of curated trending pages since 2015, when it was known as Twitter, to help users navigate the flood of posts that can accompany popular narratives. In the past, Twitter employed people to ensure that trending pages had context from reliable news sources, but that changed when Musk bought it in 2022 and laid off the workers who were responsible for curating trending content. Now, the trending page includes summaries from X’s artificial intelligence software, Grok, and it includes the warning: “Grok can make mistakes, verify its outputs.” It is not clear whether or how often human X employees are involved."

Agree with all of it. Swimming is an awful sport. I'd rather watch and play frisbee golf. And it costs way too much for individual high schools to each build and maintain their own pools. Incredible waste of resources.

I'd sign a petition making it illegal to hold competitive swimming events anywhere in the United States.
Bad take. You won't stop until the whites have no sports left will you?

Is this an attempt to troll...swimming?

"X has created some form of curated trending pages since 2015, when it was known as Twitter, to help users navigate the flood of posts that can accompany popular narratives. In the past, Twitter employed people to ensure that trending pages had context from reliable news sources, but that changed when Musk bought it in 2022 and laid off the workers who were responsible for curating trending content. Now, the trending page includes summaries from X’s artificial intelligence software, Grok, and it includes the warning: “Grok can make mistakes, verify its outputs.” It is not clear whether or how often human X employees are involved."

Those were some great brainwashed employees. Dorsey lied through his teeth in 2016 and then did a total U turn in 2022 and said Twitter was shadow banning and used censorship. Elon got rid of all that trash and as they left they were complaining of dictatorship and communism which is the what they got away with for years! LMAO Thank God for Elon.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Can't agree more. My kids were on swim teams for about 4 or 5 years. Those meets were excruciating events. They'd have something like 80 different heats -- and inform me that Son A was in Heats 8 and 74...and Son B was in Heats 13, 44, and 63. So I'd be there for 4+ hours to watch my kids swim a sum total of 5 laps and the way they spread them out, intentionally or not, required that we had to stay the entire time.

The only saving grace was that it was a Country Club team, and parents had long ago convinced the Club to have full bar service at the pool during the meets.

There is no such thing as news. It is all just information. We have to decide if it is true or not. Network and cable "news" journalism is dead.
Ironically, scientists are just now telling us at the quantum level, it’s all just bits of informational possibilities. Life evolved to exchange bits of information. It’s all information, waiting to be deciphered into something meaningful.

Can't agree more. My kids were on swim teams for about 4 or 5 years. Those meets were excruciating events. They'd have something like 80 different heats -- and inform me that Son A was in Heats 8 and 74...and Son B was in Heats 13, 44, and 63. So I'd be there for 4+ hours to watch my kids swim a sum total of 5 laps and the way they spread them out, intentionally or not, required that we had to stay the entire time.

The only saving grace was that it was a Country Club team, and parents had long ago convinced the Club to have full bar service at the pool during the meets.

I'd take a swimming meet over watching my kids play soccer when they were little.

Here comes the ball, she'll surely get up off her butt and stop talking to the other girl on the team while picking grass. What's that.... she turned her head to watch the ball go by and then waved it by? How silly of me to think she would try and participate in a sport she wanted to sign up for.

Three years of that. At least with swimming, there would be some form of action. My kids did it for the snacks afterwards.

Shoot me in the face.

I'd take a swimming meet over watching my kids play soccer when they were little.

Here comes the ball, she'll surely get up off her butt and stop talking to the other girl on the team while picking grass. What's that.... she turned her head to watch the ball go by and then waved it by? How silly of me to think she would try and participate in a sport she wanted to sign up for.

Three years of that. At least with swimming, there would be some form of action. My kids did it for the snacks afterwards.

Shoot me in the face.
Bitch mother fckr you

It’s a great sport and probably my favorite to watch in the Olympics.

I think I was splitting hairs. Their bone structure is unique in that it has a higher density than most (all?) other mammals. However, they also have a lot of muscle mass - which, in one sense, you could say they have a higher density (amount) of muscle than most other mammals. In other words, I was being overly anal. Apologies. {gasp!}
SOB… I’ve been awake for 3 days researching this, but I suppose I can over look it if you buy drinks the next time we meet up.
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle

well shit......that is what i am doing all weekend, since ft wayne city swim starts tomorrow.
Swimming absolutely sucks as a spectator for kids' meets, but swimming has been great for my kids. It doesn't seem like a team sport, but if there are similarly nice kids on the team it turns into a team sport easily.

Social media misinformation is a problem. Look at the attempt on Trump. A large number here believe firmly it was setup. Social media didn't contribute to that?

And to add, I know progressives saying it was a false flag. Again, social media certainly plays a role.

It sounds good that people will research and draw informed conclusions. That does not seem to be happening. If Twitter handle "IWillLieAboutTheOtherSide" posts something, and "TheOrherSideSux" reposts it, that is confirmation and final proof.

Clearly blocking speech is bad. But so is flat out lying. If people penalized handles by unfollowing, there would be a little effort to post more toward reality. At least within a light year. As is, there is no reason to do anything but carry on lying.

So the AP published a fact-check on a social media comment that JD Vance had sex with a couch. And their headline was 'No, JD Vance did not have sex with a couch.'

LOL. Well, at least they got it right...I'll say that much for them. The story (and tweet that precipitated it) has since been deleted.

• Haha
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT