ADVERTISEMENT

Live and die on the back of X.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Man, the 24 year old came to play last night. That is indiana basketball. He gave everything he had on every play. Our leader is back, and god did we need it.

A few of my favorite plays were not that meaningful in the stat sheet but stuck out to me in a huge way. The first was just under the 8 minute mark in the second half. Galloway had the ball at the top of the key and X basically took the thrown. He said give me the ball get to your spot, this is my ****ing show. Supreme confidence. Exactly what I want to see out of my PG.

The second was when I believe coming off a steal, he got rejected or missed the lay up at the rim. No pause, all gas no breaks, this dude flew back to the other side of the court and locked his man up. No pouting, no whoah is me, just laser focus on the task at hand.

X was locked in, if you looked at his eyes you saw a warrior. That is a PG!!! Glad to have you back Xavier!

Man, the 24 year old came to play last night. That is indiana basketball. He gave everything he had on every play. Our leader is back, and god did we need it.

A few of my favorite plays were not that meaningful in the stat sheet but stuck out to me in a huge way. The first was just under the 8 minute mark in the second half. Galloway had the ball at the top of the key and X basically took the thrown. He said give me the ball get to your spot, this is my ****ing show. Supreme confidence. Exactly what I want to see out of my PG.

The second was when I believe coming off a steal, he got rejected or missed the lay up at the rim. No pause, all gas no breaks, this dude flew back to the other side of the court and locked his man up. No pouting, no whoah is me, just laser focus on the task at hand.

X was locked in, if you looked at his eyes you saw a warrior. That is a PG!!! Glad to have you back Xavier!
What I liked and hope he continue is the lack of theatrics. To your point, he being locked in and coming back after getting beafed on the layup was partially due to no theatrics with the arm flailing schtick. This is what we need out of him. Locked in leadership and poise. The team is better when X is better.

What I liked and hope he continue is the lack of theatrics. To your point, he being locked in and coming back after getting beafed on the layup was partially due to no theatrics with the arm flailing schtick. This is what we need out of him. Locked in leadership and poise. The team is better when X is better.
He needs to know when and when not to flail. He is so fast that he is getting fouled almost every time he drives, but refs don’t call it/see it. He flails on contact and gets the call a ton. Flailing helps in some cases for sure, and why he will lead our team in FTs.

Reactions: T.M.P.
He needs to know when and when not to flail. He is so fast that he is getting fouled almost every time he drives, but refs don’t call it/see it. He flails on contact and gets the call a ton. Flailing helps in some cases for sure, and why he will lead our team in FTs.
I am specifically referring to after the fact. Especially when it was clean. Like when he go beefed! I understand what you are saying and how it communicates with the refs to call it. But I do not care for it in general, especially after the play is over. Woody needs to do the working of the refs which he needs to improve IMO.

I am specifically referring to after the fact. Especially when it was clean. Like when he go beefed! I understand what you are saying and how it communicates with the refs to call it. But I do not care for it in general, especially after the play is over. Woody needs to do the working of the refs which he needs to improve IMO.
Disagree completely. It may not be fun to watch, but guys have to have some theatrics to advertise the contact. No one probably enjoys flossing either, but it's a lot better if you do it! Don't let it inhibit your ability to make the next play, but you definitely have to "sell" the contact and it helps get calls. One of the ways we get fleeced by other experienced guards like the Rutgers xfer at UConn (among others). You need to do it to get extra trips to the line.

Disagree completely. It may not be fun to watch, but guys have to have some theatrics to advertise the contact. No one probably enjoys flossing either, but it's a lot better if you do it! Don't let it inhibit your ability to make the next play, but you definitely have to "sell" the contact and it helps get calls. One of the ways we get fleeced by other experienced guards like the Rutgers xfer at UConn (among others). You need to do it to get extra trips to the line.
Agree to disagree chief. I see plenty of players who get whistles correctly called who aren't flailing. I don't want to go down a rabbit hole here and take anything away from the positives. I just simply don't care for it and the extent to which he does it. Or any player for that matter. Onward and upward.

Reactions: jmdkhoosier

Hope we get good X the rest of the season. His issue has been, when he is bad he is really bad.

It should also help the rest of the backcourt players by putting them back into more natural more comfortable roles. Trey becomes a secondary ballhandler in sets, not primary and puts Cupps back on the bench.

Lol! The new Indiana basketball I suppose

Bong my friend. You need a bong.

NQFloyT.gif

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
Bong Life is incompatible w raising kids, which makes the bumper sticker on my truck a little awkward now that they can read.
lol. If you don't have a shed out back with a dads only space built in, you aren't trying.

Did anyone notice if his arm was in a cast, brace, or not? I could not see on TV but might have missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT