ADVERTISEMENT

Any news yet on X?

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Prayers for that young man. I know he’s caught a lot of flack, both earned and not…but man, I feel bad for him if it’s as bad as it looked like it might be.

If it is bad, and that was his last play for IU…I’m glad he ended that way. That was prime “good X” at its best. Attacking the rim, almost dunked on those jack asses!!!

Prayers for that young man. I know he’s caught a lot of flack, both earned and not…but man, I feel bad for him if it’s as bad as it looked like it might be.

If it is bad, and that was his last play for IU…I’m glad he ended that way. That was prime “good X” at its best. Attacking the rim, almost dunked on those jack asses!!!
Arm injury. Day to day. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic but that's probably the most info we'll get.

Those who have broken bones know. He knew. He’s done. A shame to end like that.
Sadly, I have to agree. I think he broke something and it's over.

Gallo, Cupps, Leal, Gunn....that's our guard corps. We will need all of them to play well.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
Do you wonder if he and Banks are gone after this yr?
If was either of them, I would only leave if I was told to. Guys like them should look at similar types of players that leave, they don't end up doing much elsewhere and the environment/teams they go to are not going to be the level of IU. They both force the action too much, but I think both could be good role players if they start buying into those roles (defense, rebounding, taking what's given but not trying to force offense). Points will come if they do the rest.

agree, that was not normal pain. Is a dude like X is screaming for that long, it's bad.
I once fell hard on my arm in a college game. At the time, I just assumed I had broken my arm. I screamed like X did, my fingers did the stiffening/numb thing that I knew from previous broken arms, etc... I went to the ER later that night, and no break. Ended up the nerves in my elbow area were causing the feeling and pain similar to a broken bone...worse actually on the pain side. I played a few days later.

Hopefully this is what happened to X as well.

An injury sucks for anyone but remember many on this board think we are far better without him. So I guess we will see if they are right or not.

Just my 2 cents.... but if that was X that did that to the Iowa player.... the Refs would have called an F1 or F2 on that play. Notice.... I don't think they even went to the monitor to look at it. Grrrrrrr

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Forget Gunn.
Gunn cannot possibly post a Tweet like that without it affecting his performance over the next two months.

If he was serious, it's going to lurk in the back of his work ethic. It's hard to go 110% when you already told yourself you are going to make a change.

If he wasn't serious, he's going to have to persuade the coaches of that immediately, or they won't even let him on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT