ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State 2024

As talented as our roster is looking...I caution anyone predicting that IU will challenge for a B10 title next year...which it sounds like you're saying they will in this post.

And I realize some might make predictions like that, with the motive of setting Woodson up to fail. But roster construction aside, none of his 3 teams have shown the proper level of discipline and execution that would allow for a team of any talent level to legitimately compete for a B10 title.

I'm quite a lot more excited about next season than I was a month or so ago. But there have been deeper issues on display with his teams than talent and roster construction.
We should win the Big Ten next year. We’ll be the most talented team.

Reactions: kkott
You still have to recruit a “team”. Hiring 1 year hired guns that has no allegiance to the name on the jersey and is only there because the school was the highest bidder probably doesn’t end well.
You are assuming that the transfer will play for a school for just one year and the HS player will play for the school multiple years. Neither is a given.

Maybe, maybe not. He's gotten a pretty decent class, and sure sounds like UM doesn't have nearly the NIL resources as IU. They basically said they felt he'd have gotten the class we have, plus Johnell Davis. Who knows, he was also whooing McNeeley, so maybe we get him back? Another way to look at it is: do you think CMW gets their class if he's the newly hired UM coach?

I found it more interesting that they seemed to think DM will end up elsewhere and mentioned IU and UK. I think those guys have a pretty decent pulse on each schools NIL and that shows how important they view NIL. They were
McNeeley is exactly the kind of freshman you want to get. He isn't a project and has a high upside...and he balances the roster. That was quite a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT