ADVERTISEMENT

Question for mods

Meh...with all due respect, bullshit back in your general direction. Why the f would I want to manage my daughter's dating life when she is 32? If I've done my job well, my daughter will be making decisions that bring her happiness and joy. And as long as she is doing that while trying to avoid hurting other people, I'll be thrilled.

It's her own happiness that she's working for...not mine.
I don’t believe you. You’d be worried about it. I’m not saying you could do anything about it or manage her dating life, but you’d be wondering what was going on with her.

Now, if she was doing it for career advancement (which is what this entire issue is about), you’d be disappointed in her. And you’re a freakin’ Hollywood liberal. 😁 Aloha is a self-professed conservative—the truest conservative on the board per him—and career military man. He’s being disingenuous.

This is actually a good. Whichever party is able to control the narrative through media outlets wins elections now. It’s all about swaying those 10-15% of voters.

Also, we need to talk to Fox and start up our own View. I think the panel should be myself, you, that crazy chick from Missouri, and 3 other chicks. Any suggestions? Tulsi G.? We need at least one fat one. We can’t all be great looking up there on stage. We need to appeal to the public overall. Boebert is a strong candidate (nothing wrong with getting a handy at work). Lord Mark I apologize for my childish remarks towards Lauren B, please don’t delete this.
I’m 100% sure that was not parody.

I don’t believe you. You’d be worried about it. I’m not saying you could do anything about it or manage her dating life, but you’d be wondering what was going on with her.

Now, if she was doing it for career advancement (which is what this entire issue is about), you’d be disappointed in her. And you’re a freakin’ Hollywood liberal. 😁 Aloha is a self-professed conservative—the truest conservative on the board per him—and career military man. He’s being disingenuous.
She took the casting couch - that 29 yr old didn’t want old bowling ball Willie. Come on. And that’s fine. Shit the American way. But pointing it out shouldn’t be off limits

That's your problem. I wouldn't be worried in the least about an age. What's conservative or liberal about caring about your daughter's happiness?

You're fixated on an age. I'm fixated on her happiness. I'd be mad if he or she treated her poorly. I'd be concerned if he or she made her feel badly about herself. I'd be upset if he or she cheated on her or broke her heart. You guys who are fixated on ages haven't brought up any of those things, which are the things that really matter. If he or she treats my daughter really well, makes my daughter happy, and fills her heart with joy, I'll be good.

You seem like a really smart and decent guy and a really caring dad, so I really have no idea how you have it so twisted.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
She took the casting couch - that 29 yr old didn’t want old bowling ball Willie. Come on. And that’s fine. Shit the American way. But pointing it out shouldn’t be off limits
Of course it shouldn’t be. Now, what you make of that is another thing.

Like you, I don’t care about a person’s sex life. I’m just taking aim at people burying their heads in the sand about it and the nature of that type of a relationship, especially where Brown has admitted he appointed her because they were dating and she’s never denied it.
That's your problem. I wouldn't be worried in the least about an age. What's conservative or liberal about caring about your daughter's happiness?

You're fixated on an age. I'm fixated on her happiness. I'd be mad if he or she treated her poorly. I'd be concerned if he or she made her feel badly about herself. I'd be upset if he or she cheated on her or broke her heart. You guys who are fixated on ages haven't brought up any of those things, which are the things that really matter. If he or she treats my daughter really well, makes my daughter happy, and fills her heart with joy, I'll be good.

You seem like a really smart and decent guy and a really caring dad, so I really have no idea how you have it so twisted.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t think you have things twisted, just don’t think you’re being realistic. (And you’re dodging the main issue— she did it for career advancement).

I care about my daughter’s happiness and always will. I also recognize that she is not infallible and might do things for the wrong reasons, even when she’s 32. Because she’s human. As am I.

Bullshit. If your daughter, now 32, started dating a 62-year-old to advance her career, you'd have a big problem with it. You know that. Knock off the crap with "I trust my daughter, don't you"--we're talking in hypotheticals, here.

Also, you could never pull a woman that looked like Harris at 30 and angling for career advancement, there, George Clooney. Give me a break.
You're assuming a motive which I don't.

Reactions: hoosboot
This talk about Harris and Willy is hilarious and such complete intellectual dishonesty.

She dated a politician 30 years ago that appointed her to an entry level position in politics that’s a complete nothing position.
Since then she’s been elected and re-elected on her own merits, by the people, to Prosecutor, Attorney General, Senator, Vice President.

There are a hell of a lot of politicians in our country that got their leg up by their family name alone. Did very little if anything to deserve being elected Governor or Senator other than being the son of a previous Governor or Senator. Or maybe they were a famous athlete.

GHW Bush was a pretty good President. I think he served a couple of years in the House, but his dad was Prescott Bush, a powerful Senator and patron of Nixon’s. He was appointed to every position he held-Envoy to China, UN Ambassador, RNC Chair, DCIA, elected VP as Reagan’s running mate. Impressive resume, but I suppose he didn’t date the mayor of Houston to get appointed to the Harris County medical board in 1956 to ensure he’d be President one day. 🙄

The halls of congress and state houses are full of people that are only there because of their family name, or some other reason besides their intellect or progressing through the electoral process.

Nah, this is just a desperate, partisan political attack on Kamala Harris. I would do it too if I were on the other side, but it’s not going to stick.

Reactions: larsIU and hoosboot

There's nothing I dislike more than someone telling me I'm a liar. I'm not. I try to be honest in every frickin' post. People don't think the same. Deal with that. Also, you call me a liar to my face - you'll not enjoy it.

This talk about Harris and Willy is hilarious and such complete intellectual dishonesty.

She dated a politician 30 years ago that appointed her to an entry level position in politics that’s a complete nothing position.
Since then she’s been elected and re-elected on her own merits, by the people, to Prosecutor, Attorney General, Senator, Vice President.

There are a hell of a lot of politicians in our country that got their leg up by their family name alone. Did very little if anything to deserve being elected Governor or Senator other than being the son of a previous Governor or Senator. Or maybe they were a famous athlete.

GHW Bush was a pretty good President. I think he served a couple of years in the House, but his dad was Prescott Bush, a powerful Senator and patron of Nixon’s. He was appointed to every position he held-Envoy to China, UN Ambassador, RNC Chair, DCIA, elected VP as Reagan’s running mate. Impressive resume, but I suppose he didn’t date the mayor of Houston to get appointed to the Harris County medical board in 1956 to ensure he’d be President one day. 🙄

The halls of congress and state houses are full of people that are only there because of their family name, or some other reason besides their intellect or progressing through the electoral process.

Nah, this is just a desperate, partisan political attack on Kamala Harris. I would do it too if I were on the other side, but it’s not going to stick.
the context is mod censorship. and i think you're greatly discounting the power and ongoing influence of being in the right crowd. i did a master's in public administration/policy in the 90s. willie gary was a big, big name nationally. and again i don't condemn it, but to point it out shouldn't be off limits. and we've all seen and heard her. she's howard and a bar flunkie etc. she's not obama or clinton

Reactions: DANC
@Aloha Hoosier @BradStevens relax. You two are the good ones

Die Hart 2 GIF by The Roku Channel

well see that's when these chicks have an epiphany. when brad's at the bar and doesn't give a shit what she orders and picks up the tab and is telling her about the interesting cases he's working on at THE FIRM HE OWNS it's all gravy as she's looking at pics of her dipshit guy friends dressed like barstool clowns wearing the jersey of another adult at wrigley pounding beers. brad looks awesome. but eventually she'll find herself on the couch while brad is in the other room leading a zoom meeting with anonymous people he met over the internet to discuss a book that was written before she was born and has never heard of. then things look a little differently and she starts shooting snaps over to those barstool guys as she feels like she's missing out while brad starts to develop the DTs wondering what app she's always on and who she is messaging on it.

or something
Lol…..By the way when I turn 60 there is no need to join a dating app now. I’ll just come to the water cooler and swipe left or right on everyone’s daughters and granddaughters.

the context is mod censorship. and i think you're greatly discounting the power and ongoing influence of being in the right crowd. i did a master's in public administration/policy in the 90s. willie gary was a big, big name nationally. and again i don't condemn it, but to point it out shouldn't be off limits. and we've all seen and heard her. she's howard and a bar flunkie etc. she's not obama or clinton

There’s no doubt Kamala Harris is a product of the SF political machine. I knew her personally through my wife 25 years ago. Haven’t seen her since she was elected AG. She has been groomed to possibly be President her whole electoral career. So has Gavin Newsom who comes from the same political operation, although competing factions.

I’m not sure of your point, other than you think she’s not smart. Some of our best Presidents weren’t geniuses. That’s not the job description. Reagan was a mediocre intellect, but had extremely high emotional IQ and first rate leadership qualities. And no, Kamala is no Obama or Clinton with communication, but who is besides Josh Shapiro?

Reactions: BradStevens
There’s no doubt Kamala Harris is a product of the SF political machine. I knew her personally through my wife 25 years ago. Haven’t seen her since she was elected AG. She has been groomed to possibly be President her whole electoral career. So has Gavin Newsom who comes from the same political operation, although competing factions.

I’m not sure of your point, other than you think she’s not smart. Some of our best Presidents weren’t geniuses. That’s not the job description. Reagan was a mediocre intellect, but had extremely high emotional IQ and first rate leadership qualities. And no, Kamala is no Obama or Clinton with communication, but who is besides Josh Shapiro?
no harris is no obama or clinton with not just communication but intellect. not just communication. intellect. howard is a shitty school. hastings is nothing. flunking the bar is unthinkable. so she got groomed by an older guy who wanted to get his beak wet with an attractive younger person and got herself into the machine. there's nothing about her that's presidential. run for president, the leader of the free world, there's no point treating her with kid gloves.

Of course it shouldn’t be. Now, what you make of that is another thing.

Like you, I don’t care about a person’s sex life. I’m just taking aim at people burying their heads in the sand about it and the nature of that type of a relationship, especially where Brown has admitted he appointed her because they were dating and she’s never denied it.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t think you have things twisted, just don’t think you’re being realistic. (And you’re dodging the main issue— she did it for career advancement).

I care about my daughter’s happiness and always will. I also recognize that she is not infallible and might do things for the wrong reasons, even when she’s 32. Because she’s human. As am I.
Of course you care about your daughter's happiness. And I suspect you will have done a fantastic job raising her so that when she's 32 years old she'll be a fantastic judge of what makes her happy. And I know it's hard to accept...a better one than her Dad.

BTW, I'm not dodging anything. You're assuming something that I don't know and don't really think matters to begin with. This is another in a long line of cartoonish representations on both sides of the aisle that help lead us to getting what we deserve in politics. I think it's kind of sad that a smart guy like you accepts that kind of assumption. The reasons why people date, marry, have sex, etc. are complicated and varied. If they're not hurting other people with what makes them happy, kudos to them.

I get that you don't like Harris. There are plenty of reasons to oppose her as a candidate. That opposition is more credible when it is about something of some substance. There's no substance in this criticism.

There’s no doubt Kamala Harris is a product of the SF political machine. I knew her personally through my wife 25 years ago. Haven’t seen her since she was elected AG
Don’t worry, your wife doesn’t read the board. Did you bang Harris? Please tell me you put her heels up?

• Haha
Just don't call me a liar when I'm not and there'd be no need. I really do despise that.
I said your post was disingenuous. I don't believe you are a liar and there are subtle differences between "lying" and "disingenuousness," in my mind.

I believe you are practicing the art of self-deception. We all do it. We want to believe our kids are perfect, or that we are perfect parents and would never question a choice they make or would always support them 100% no matter what, or that we are so enlightened that we see age as "just a number," but it's just not true. Conservatives that I know understand this--in fact, have called me on it many a time and taught me things in my life. And therapists (almost all very liberal) I've worked with discuss this with their clients who are struggling to accept things about their adult children. It's a very common phenomena.

We are all limited by what has been, no matter how we see what can be. (That is both mocking of Kamala and dead serious, by the way).

I think you, too, understand this but might have a blind spot in this argument in this thread because I used a hypo with your daughter. I didn't think you'd react that way, but that was my mistake and I apologize for it. I meant it generically, but I get it, kids are a sacred space.

Re the threats, though: I despise bullies and I'm not afraid of an ass whooping. Plus, I'd sue the ever loving shit out of you and intentional torts aren't typically covered by insurance. :)

I said your post was disingenuous. I don't believe you are a liar and there are subtle differences between "lying" and "disingenuousness," in my mind.

I believe you are practicing the art of self-deception. We all do it. We want to believe our kids are perfect, or that we are perfect parents and would never question a choice they make or would always support them 100% no matter what, or that we are so enlightened that we see age as "just a number," but it's just not true. Conservatives that I know understand this--in fact, have called me on it many a time and taught me things in my life. And therapists (almost all very liberal) I've worked with discuss this with their clients who are struggling to accept things about their adult children. It's a very common phenomena.

We are all limited by what has been, no matter how we see what can be. (That is both mocking of Kamala and dead serious, by the way).

I think you, too, understand this but might have a blind spot in this argument in this thread because I used a hypo with your daughter. I didn't think you'd react that way, but that was my mistake and I apologize for it. I meant it generically, but I get it, kids are a sacred space.

Re the threats, though: I despise bullies and I'm not afraid of an ass whooping. Plus, I'd sue the ever loving shit out of you and intentional torts aren't typically covered by insurance. :)
I also despise bullies and most of my fights were with bullies. I haven't physically whooped anyone in a fight since high school. My last fight I actually knocked the guy's top two teeth out, broke a few others and pushed some in. I felt bad about that, but he did start it, and he became my friend again even while his mouth was wired shut. I apologized for the damage, but not for the fight. He understood. I don't want to get in another fight. I was a wrestler and boxer as a teenager, and I've had "non-lethal weapons training" while in the Navy (which is everything from hand to hand, to beating someone with a baton). I'd honestly be afraid of killing someone if I got into a fight and I've never looked for one either. I always joked that I was a trained killer (in the Navy), but I do my killing from a distance (missiles). Now I won't even be doing that. :) And I don't want to be sued. ;)

Reactions: Morrison
I also despise bullies and most of my fights were with bullies. I haven't physically whooped anyone in a fight since high school. My last fight I actually knocked the guy's top two teeth out, broke a few others and pushed some in. I felt bad about that, but he did start it, and he became my friend again even while his mouth was wired shut. I apologized for the damage, but not for the fight. He understood. I don't want to get in another fight. I was a wrestler and boxer as a teenager, and I've had "non-lethal weapons training" while in the Navy (which is everything from hand to hand, to beating someone with a baton). I'd honestly be afraid of killing someone if I got into a fight and I've never looked for one either. I always joked that I was a trained killer (in the Navy), but I do my killing from a distance (missiles). Now I won't even be doing that. :) And I don't want to be sued. ;)
To be clear, you’ve used “grow up” and now “ bullies” within the last two days. As an intel officer for the dream team. This has been reported as you slipping and have the designation as being a mole.
Only lefty, female or trannies use those words.
Your cover has been burnt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT