ADVERTISEMENT

Post your favorite Youtube live musical vids here......

This is on constantly...

can't get enough of this...I'd post more, cause its all good, except you only have an hour....

Now that TMP has educated me, I really dig this band!

(for TMP - sarcasm intended....)

Heroin

You're not helping........

but unlike RF, you choose something good.

You get a 5 minute break.

Only Love Can Break Your Heart.......CSN&Y version......

circa their 1974 tour...

McHoop

OLCBYH

This is bad ass ...

.... and live.

I could watch people play guitar all day. I don't even care what they play.

Click here

*shiver* ...

I can't think of a more annoying band. Music should flow like language..Phish speaks in gibberish ..

Love Trey but damn, just like Crean needs a defensive coordinator. They seriously needed an arranger and especially better lyricists. Making a careering hanging off of GD's sack was fine I guess...

You're not helping........

15 minutes, and you deserve more for your posts in this thread.

No band in the history of the world ....

can ruin a song, riff, vibe, whatever, faster than Phish.

that's actually a great version of that song ..

probably my favorite ..

someone with pitch recognition must have picked it for him...

Or he just hit the first link ..

I know .. like I said it's gibberish .

I don't get it, and not in an ignorant way like Hoops doesn't get VU, but in an educated way. lol

Why do they do that, it's annoying beyond compare. I get changing tempo, and key, or melodic elements, really I do..

Sometimes it adds to the dynamic of a song.... "sometimes"... but WTF?

Best hard blues band ever ..

yea, I know Zep... but ACDC only played blues. They're a blues riff encyclopedia.

ACDC and Keith Richards... if you want to learn blues guitar that's the two places to start.

And I really believe Malcolm Young is the most underrated guitarist ever..

Example: in those rock guitar games, when playing an ACDC song..

they show Angus, only the part that you're hearing is Malcolm..

I've heard people just go off on how bad ass Angus is, while listening to Malcolm ..

it has to annoy him ..

It's a better arrangement than the studio one .

that song does well at a slower tempo. It needs air ..

So I was correct, in that you, a person with pitch recognition, and not Hoops who is tone deaf, posted that?

lmao ..

Yea, I'm trying to find someone fun to pick on while money is gone. Phish and Hoops so far are leading.

This post was edited on 4/18 5:37 PM by Guy_Fawkes

"music should flow like language"

If you don't like it, that's fine...but music can flow, and not flow, in a million different ways. If you believe that music "should" be a certain way then that's fine, but I disagree.

The Phish GD comparison is incredibly lazy. Different set list every night, and improvisation as the lifeblood of the band are tenants of just about every game band. But that's primarily where the similarities end. The energy and vibe are totally different. The music is different.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Look you musically retarded muggle ..

I never stated if I liked it or not, what I "ilke" isn't important. What I said is that music much like language has a set of mostly unwritten (and written) rules in which to use when speaking or playing to someone. and just as there's a way of speaking to make sense - there's also a way of playing or composing to do the same.

Tempo, key, and dynamics are used in music to build emotional response. Changing them can accentuate or lesson certain parts. Just as you would not do a speech and follow one sentence with a high pitched screaming, most groups know better to change key and melody for no reason other than to change key and melody.. they apparently don't. It's like doing a killer ankle breaking crossover 85 ft from the nearest defender.

90% of their changes are done for no reason. Hence nonsensical. They don;t even transition or build into them, they just change. It's like I'm speaking to you in German, and decide to switch to Mandarin. Not because the next sentence is better in Mandarin, or that it can only be said in Mandarin, or that speaking this part in Mandarin creates a dynamic with the first part...instead because it's a whim like choice of a 13 year girl changing barbie clothes.

They basically play music like Tom Crean substitutes. There's no reason for it other that it can be done. Bunch of tech heads with no feel .. you can't learn feel at a university, and no matter how much technique you learn you either have it or don't .. Phish is the Tom Crean of music.

This post was edited on 4/18 5:55 PM by Guy_Fawkes

Amen ....

"They don't even transition or build into them, they just change."

I've been trying to tell people this since 2000...

Never heard a band sabotage themselves like phish.

it's not worth arguing...

It's art. There is no right and wrong way to do it...at all. A song can be a single note. Not my cup of tea, but that's the beauty of art.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT