ADVERTISEMENT

Political terrorism for hire. A new low?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So attacks on campaign headquarters of both parties are not unheard of. I remember someone driving into a GOP tent-like structure in FL a few years back, and there have been similar instances of Dem buildings being shot at as well. It's not an everyday occurrence, but it's not inconceivably rare either...

So when I initially heard about the shootings targeting 5 or 6 various Dems in New Mexico I initially brushed it off as more of the same. But with the announcement that a failed GOP candidate who claimed "election fraud" (he lost by 47%) had been arrested in connection with masterminding the attacks and enlisting the help of four hired thugs, things seem to have reached a new level. And while he hasn't been convicted and is still presumed innocent, the fact that his arrest was part of a standoff with a Swat team doesn't exactly scream "unjustly accused"...

Also, as pointed out by multiple respondents to the APD announcement, the fact that the accused ( Solomon Pena) is a multiple felon who spent 7 yrs in prison is not a ringing endorsement of the NM GOP, and their candidate vetting process

Definitely not a new low. This guy is a criminal on an individual level & shame on the local GOP for nominating him as an individual. The party wide effort by the Dems to interfere in GOP primaries is the low point for a political party & is akin to Russians & Chinese gov’t interference in our elections.🙂

Reactions: DANC
Definitely not a new low. This guy is a criminal on an individual level & shame on the local GOP for nominating him as an individual. The party wide effort by the Dems to interfere in GOP primaries is the low point for a political party & is akin to Russians & Chinese gov’t interference in our elections.🙂
yeah, he had no choice but to shoot up people's homes. freedom fighter not a criminal

Thanks god no one was killed. This local Dem politician in Las Vegas actually murdered a reporter.

Did I miss your thread in this one Cos? Where is it? I can’t find it. Please link.

Have you been blocked from starting your own thread or just saving it for a yabbut opportunity?

That was back in October. Was he found guilty? I would think a link to the guilty verdict would be a more powerful yabbut.

If he was guilty then hopefully he rots in prison just like this republican should do the same if found guilty.

• Haha
Have you been blocked from starting your own thread or just saving it for a yabbut opportunity?

That was back in October. Was he found guilty? I would think a link to the guilty verdict would be a more powerful yabbut.

If he was guilty then hopefully he rots in prison just like this republican should do the same if found guilty.
L. O. L.

Outside of the irony, political parties are made of large numbers of people. You collect any group of humans that large, you are going to have instances of not so great people popping up.

You miss the point per your usual agreement.

I don’t need reassurance from you that you hope the Democrat goes to prion as well. I assumed as much.

The point is that Cos somehow thinks this incident is evidence of a “new level” of political violence. I simply pointed out to him that he was wrong. The LV situation was extremely similar and not a peep from Cos. Which lets you know this thread is nothing but a lazy partisan swipe.

We could go tit for tat about which party engages in more political violence with everyone adding the stupid (if guilty, I hope they go to jail) disclaimer to their posts like you just did.

It’s a conversation that we’ve had a million times before on this board, and is really the only possible course this thread could have taken.

So have at it. If there is anyone that enjoys having the same mind numbing tit for tat arguments all day every day it is you. You belong in an insane asylum.

I don’t need reassurance from you that you hope the Democrat goes to prion as well. I assumed as much.

The point is that Cos somehow thinks this incident is evidence of a “new level” of political violence. I simply pointed out to him that he was wrong. The LV situation was extremely similar and not a peep from Cos. Which lets you know this thread is nothing but a lazy partisan swipe.

We could go tit for tat about which party engages in more political violence with everyone adding the stupid (if guilty, I hope they go to jail) disclaimer to their posts like you just did.

It’s a conversation that we’ve had a million times before on this board, and is really the only possible course this thread could have taken.

So have at it. If there is anyone that enjoys having the same mind numbing tit for tat arguments all day every day it is you. You belong in an insane asylum.

how many different usernames do you need? Really hard keeping track of your troll accounts?

I'm sure you'll be diligently following posts from conservatives for when their hypocrisy is showing ;).

I mean, it’s Cosmic. Of course it’s a partisan swipe or he wouldn’t have posted it.

Uh seriously? That has happened for years. Rush Limbaugh was begging people to vote for Hillary in the primaries. Pretty much always happens to a certain extent. Faux outrage.

Republicans are so innocent

Reactions: IU_Hickory

"The point is that Cos somehow thinks this incident is evidence of a “new level” of political violence. I simply pointed out to him that he was wrong. The LV situation was extremely similar and not a peep from Cos. Which lets you know this thread is nothing but a lazy partisan swipe."

You forgot to switch to your other id (Farva the dog) when you replied to Hickory. No offense but the day I feel as if someone who posts under multiple aliases has any valid criticism to make of my posting style, I'll be beyond being able to breathe, much less type.

I thought the LV situation was more personal, not political and the guy was corrupt and killed the reporter because he feared being exposed as corrupt. And as I pointed out when this story initially broke I viewed it as just another example of supporters of one candidate threatening/attacking the opposition party candidates. It's happened before, there was the incident where a Dem loyalist drove into a GOP tent in FL or the Bernie Bro shot Scalise. But in both of those cases the respective candidates disavowed the crazy actions of their supporters and expressed horror at their crimes.

So initially I didn't view it as newsworthy, and just chalked it up as more of the same. But then comes word that it was the actual candidate who just ran for election 3 mos ago (not his supporters) that had committed the crime and enlisted hired thugs to carry it out. We even learned today that he had instructed the gunmen to aim lower and shoot in the evening (presumably when the family members were home) in order to maximize the possibility of serious injuries. So yeah I thought the additional element of attacking family brought it to a higher level of violence. You and I apparently disagree, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm the one who is "wrong"...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
So attacks on campaign headquarters of both parties are not unheard of. I remember someone driving into a GOP tent-like structure in FL a few years back, and there have been similar instances of Dem buildings being shot at as well. It's not an everyday occurrence, but it's not inconceivably rare either...

So when I initially heard about the shootings targeting 5 or 6 various Dems in New Mexico I initially brushed it off as more of the same. But with the announcement that a failed GOP candidate who claimed "election fraud" (he lost by 47%) had been arrested in connection with masterminding the attacks and enlisting the help of four hired thugs, things seem to have reached a new level. And while he hasn't been convicted and is still presumed innocent, the fact that his arrest was part of a standoff with a Swat team doesn't exactly scream "unjustly accused"...

Also, as pointed out by multiple respondents to the APD announcement, the fact that the accused ( Solomon Pena) is a multiple felon who spent 7 yrs in prison is not a ringing endorsement of the NM GOP, and their candidate vetting process

Power junkie
Heroin junkie
Sex junkie

They all want it BAD.
They all DESERVE their fix.

Really? Do you expect people to take you seriously?

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
A talk radio host = party leadership? Another new low, only in intelligence here…

Who said he was in leadership? He had a audience of 15 million plus (I've seen as high as 43 million, which i find hard to believe) a week. If you don't think he had influence, your intelligence is the one that should be in question.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Now do all of trump's family and their mooching and using daddy's connections for monetary gain
57269.jpg

If you think you can have a real discussion with Hickory, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Reactions: Crayfish57
You mean in the private sector, not the public sector where it is OUR tax money being used in the biden family scheme? Oh and not to forget, countless other politician's that have mastered the public trust golden parachute.
You mean using government position to make money by funneling foreign dignitaries to his hotels, overcharging secret service to stay at his property (taxpayer money) and now being funded by Saudi Arabia while running for reelection.

That is perfectly fine to you though.

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
"The point is that Cos somehow thinks this incident is evidence of a “new level” of political violence. I simply pointed out to him that he was wrong. The LV situation was extremely similar and not a peep from Cos. Which lets you know this thread is nothing but a lazy partisan swipe."

You forgot to switch to your other id (Farva the dog) when you replied to Hickory. No offense but the day I feel as if someone who posts under multiple aliases has any valid criticism to make of my posting style, I'll be beyond being able to breathe, much less type.

I thought the LV situation was more personal, not political and the guy was corrupt and killed the reporter because he feared being exposed as corrupt. And as I pointed out when this story initially broke I viewed it as just another example of supporters of one candidate threatening/attacking the opposition party candidates. It's happened before, there was the incident where a Dem loyalist drove into a GOP tent in FL or the Bernie Bro shot Scalise. But in both of those cases the respective candidates disavowed the crazy actions of their supporters and expressed horror at their crimes.

So initially I didn't view it as newsworthy, and just chalked it up as more of the same. But then comes word that it was the actual candidate who just ran for election 3 mos ago (not his supporters) that had committed the crime and enlisted hired thugs to carry it out. We even learned today that he had instructed the gunmen to aim lower and shoot in the evening (presumably when the family members were home) in order to maximize the possibility of serious injuries. So yeah I thought the additional element of attacking family brought it to a higher level of violence. You and I apparently disagree, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm the one who is "wrong"...
Something, something....excuse for why what your guy did was worse than my guy. Farva called your post partisan. Arrow, bullseye.

Lol that you think Rush didn’t coordinate with party leadership. You can’t be that naive?
Lol that you think any of these things are the equivalent of a party policy to interfere. Do you see any difference between an an individual with influence coordinating interference versus the state funding & instructing its agents to do so? Kim Kardashian urging her followers to vote for someone is the same as the Democratic Party donating millions of dollars to produce Republican candidates more likely to lose in Republican primaries that they cannot vote in? These candidates that they are promoting were not only more likely to lose, but were labeled as threats to democracy by the people propping them up. No different than China or Russia interfering in our national elections. That’s the new low…

Something, something....excuse for why what your guy did was worse than my guy. Farva called your post partisan. Arrow, bullseye.
Really rich coming from the same people who had no problem with armed people demonstrating and yelling threats outside of the homes of school teachers/administrators, or harassing them in parking lots, but then went ballistic when they thought a precious SCOTUS justice was threatened because someone was armed outside his mansion. Nevermind that a week prior to the "attack" on Kavanaugh an even more innocent judge was actually murdered by a Maga-type in MI and none of he people so alarmed by the threat to Kavanaugh even cared enough to comment. You people wrote the book on whutaboutism...

Meanwhile, back to the topic of this thread which I started for people who have interest in the story, not for the wingnuts who attack me. Again when you hear the abstract term "Dem politicians" as in who the terror campaign was directed against, it's easy to imagine the type of career politicians most people associate with Congress. But these were just local people, and in the case of two of the women in this video looked more like Grandmas than someone you'd associate with being typical politicians...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT