ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
Interesting story:

The president's unofficial 'filing system' involves tearing up documents into pieces, even when they're supposed to be preserved.

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.
But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

That team is now smaller, after many of the career officials were cleared out earlier this year. Lartey, 54, and Young, 48, were career government officials who worked together in records management until this spring, when both were abruptly terminated from their jobs. Both are now unemployed and still full of questions about why they were stripped of their badges with no explanation and marched off of the White House grounds by Secret Service.

Irene Porada, the head of human resources who personally terminated both men, did not respond to an email requesting comment. A White House spokesman also did not respond to a request for comment about the terminations.

Reactions: meridian
Was just reading that story. It honestly appears that Trump takes pleasure in doing the exact opposite of what he is told to do.

Interesting story:

The president's unofficial 'filing system' involves tearing up documents into pieces, even when they're supposed to be preserved.

Public record keeping is a bitch, especially when an administration has a lot it wants to hide from the public.

SOS Clinton's, and the Obama administration's assault on our public record laws was unprecedented. Trump is a piker in comparison.

[T]he accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders. The IRS suffered record “losses” as well. Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy called it “an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws.”

Public record keeping is a bitch, especially when an administration has a lot it wants to hide from the public.

SOS Clinton's, and the Obama administration's assault on our public record laws was unprecedented. Trump is a piker in comparison.

[T]he accumulation of recent congressional testimony has made it clear that the Obama administration itself engaged in the wholesale destruction and “loss” of tens of thousands of government records covered under the act as well as the intentional evasion of the government records recording system by engaging in private email exchanges. So far, former President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Attorney General Lynch and several EPA officials have been named as offenders. The IRS suffered record “losses” as well. Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy called it “an unauthorized private communications system for official business for the patent purpose of defeating federal record-keeping and disclosure laws.”

Clinton and Obama in the same what about post? Do you get two crackers for that?

Nice Whataboutism. Right on cue.

Now address the topic at hand, please.

I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous stuff with Trump. But this tells a story about him. This just shows Trump’s disdain for the rule of law, IMO. A microcosm in how he views the office (doesn’t give a chit about it) and himself (he’s the king, and can do whatever he Hell he wants).

This is similar to how he has always viewed lawyers and lawsuits. In his time before being president, he viewed lawyers as tools to either A) get what he wants or B) clean up his messes. In other words, he refused to play by the rules (staying within the bounds of the what’s legal).

It also shows his extreme lack of impulse control. He knows better, but he can’t help himself.

Parrots eat crackers. Not the slacked jawed racist misinformed Trump voting type, but saltines generally. I'm thinking they would prefer the ones with unsalted tops, but since I'm not a parrot, I'll let you make that determination instead.
Nice Whataboutism. Right on cue.

Now address the topic at hand, please.

I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous stuff with Trump. But this tells a story about him. This just shows Trump’s disdain for the rule of law, IMO. A microcosm in how he views the office (doesn’t give a chit about it) and himself (he’s the king, and can do whatever he Hell he wants).

This is similar to how he has always viewed lawyers and lawsuits. In his time before being president, he viewed lawyers as tools to either A) get what he wants or B) clean up his messes. In other words, he refused to play by the rules (staying within the bounds of the what’s legal).

It also shows his extreme lack of impulse control. He knows better, but he can’t help himself.

I refuse to believe that you guys intend another vacuous Trump bash with this thread instead of discussing the importance of keeping public records for our posterity.

Literally any WC poster: "Look at this story; this really concerns me."

CO.H: "I AGREE LET ME EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH OBAMA SUCKS."

Literally any WC poster: "Umm, that's not really the topic. Don't you have anything responsive to say?"

CO.H: "SHUT UP TRUMP-BASHER."

Literally any WC poster: "Look at this story; this really concerns me."

CO.H: "I AGREE LET ME EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH OBAMA SUCKS."

Literally any WC poster: "Umm, that's not really the topic. Don't you have anything responsive to say?"

CO.H: "SHUT UP TRUMP-BASHER."

Lol. What concerns you about ripping up a few papers? ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE FU-KING PUBLIC RECORDS!!

Do you really want to believe there is something wrong with ripping up some paper?

Get a grip.

Preserving the public record is important. That is what I posted about.

Reactions: Lucy01
Lol. What concerns you about ripping up a few papers? ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE FU-KING PUBLIC RECORDS!!

Do you really want to believe there is something wrong with ripping up some paper?

Get a grip.

No, you posted about Obama. If you were concerned with public records, you'd have responded to the claims about Trump's apparent bad habit. But you didn't, because you're not. You're only concerned with transforming every topic into an excuse to trash a Democrat.

Reactions: sglowrider

Get a grip.

Isn't it a bitch when one's sordid history of bad-faith posting catches up with one and renders any and every attempt to right one's wrongs useless? Especially when one once had a solid reputation. Ironically, Trump is doing the same thing to the US and the world order. Defecating on it at every turn for his own psychotic, destructive ends. I suppose the conclusion is that destruction is destruction. Trump does is out of a deep-seated anger. You too?*

*Unwillingness to confront this is understandable. Trump isn't either.

Reactions: sglowrider
No, you posted about Obama. If you were concerned with public records, you'd have responded to the claims about Trump's apparent bad habit. But you didn't, because you're not. You're only concerned with transforming every topic into an excuse to trash a Democrat.

Of course I posted about Obama. Why is that a problem? It’s not like his and Hillary’s destruction of records are irrelevant to a post about Trump and records.

Of course I posted about Obama. Why is that a problem? It’s not like his and Hillary’s destruction of records are irrelevant to a post about Trump and records.
It's irrelevant when you post it, because it's just another brick in the wall of your pattern of responding to every single post about any topic whatsoever with a painful twisting of the topic into an excuse to bash Obama or Hillary or whatever Dem you are hating on that day. You could have said, "Yes, what Trump is doing is bad," and then, as the conversation progressed, you could have added, "Let me also accuse some other past politicians of doing something bad that's relevant now." But you don't do that, because you can't do that. You can only viscerally respond to every topic with an immediate pivot to how much Democrat X sucks. There is a reason people accuse you of being a troll. It's because you're a troll. If someone started a thread about favorite golf courses, most posters here probably expect your first response would be about how terrible Obama is at golf course design. You've become a caricature of yourself.

It's irrelevant when you post it, because it's just another brick in the wall of your pattern of responding to every single post about any topic whatsoever with a painful twisting of the topic into an excuse to bash Obama or Hillary or whatever Dem you are hating on that day. You could have said, "Yes, what Trump is doing is bad," and then, as the conversation progressed, you could have added, "Let me also accuse some other past politicians of doing something bad that's relevant now." But you don't do that, because you can't do that. You can only viscerally respond to every topic with an immediate pivot to how much Democrat X sucks. There is a reason people accuse you of being a troll. It's because you're a troll. If someone started a thread about favorite golf courses, most posters here probably expect your first response would be about how terrible Obama is at golf course design. You've become a caricature of yourself.

You are hilarious. You claim I viscerally post about Obama and Hillary while you always viscerally post about me. You twist every subject I mention into a critical personal comment.

I didn’t defend Trump. Don’t suggest that I did. My link pointed out how the National Archives has trouble with preserving our history with shoddy record keeping practices and deliberate destruction that has been going on for years.

Reactions: Lucy01
You are hilarious. You claim I viscerally post about Obama and Hillary while you always viscerally post about me.
I don't viscerally do anything. I just point out your own visceral responses, and your response is reflective of your inability to recognize your own faults.

You twist every subject I mention into a critical personal comment.
I most certainly do not.

I didn’t defend Trump. Don’t suggest that I did.
I didn't.

My link pointed out how the National Archives has trouble with preserving our history with shoddy record keeping practices and deliberate destruction that has been going on for years.
No, it didn't. Your link made vague assertions about how "the Clintons" (it's always plural) and "Obama" are somehow to blame for a problem that it can't accurately describe or explain. You linked it because it took a salient current topic and turned it around to blame Democrats, probably after you read it in TWJ. It doesn't actually point out or demonstrate anything you think it does, nor is it responsive to the topic at hand.

As I have already alluded to, there is a reason most posters here think you are a joke, and it's not because they don't have a proper sense of humor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT