ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Announcement Date Set for 10-30

Were you even born for the last banner? I respect the banners but it’s been quite a while to still be bragging. Haven’t even been to the Big Dance in several years. Look it was a storied program and you should be proud, but the recruits see a program that hasn’t had a lot of success lately. I do think they are in the upswing. Hard not to when you get a 5 star at least 3 years running.
We both want Kaufman and iu has a major advantage with the pressure he must be feeling to attend iu. Someonewill get a very good player.
Not only that but getting 3 Mr. Basketball in a row. Your argument on recruiting doesn’t make any sense.

On account of their returning and prospective first-round power forward and that incoming 5-star guard? Yeah, that must be it.
“On account”? Looks like you’re still suffering from pandemic English deficiency.

But, to answer your question, I think he’s probably referring to the scoreboard, which records the results of games. Yeah, that must be it. That’s what those of us who are actual graduates of IU and long time fans are focused on. You and a couple of others are, as usual, ruining yet another thread with your babble.

Then why not go to Butler? Smaller campus but still a great feel and attractive? No fishbowl and cool arena.

Guessing it’s because he’s built a great relationship with Coach Painter and sees a good fit at Purdue. Not sure how hard Butler even recruited him.

Yeah. Maybe he will be drawn to the Barf and Gag type of restaurants that PU has in West Laffy. That and all the stylish brick buildings. The pocket protectors given when one graduates to go to the Engineering offices of Subaru or the assembly line for the Ag/Tech graduates...very smart. Could be he will get excited about riding in that neat tricycle race. Or rather, maybe sit in a tin can all the way to an asteroid near Saturn and back. The National Championship Basketball Banners hanging up in the arena...oh, forgot...there aren't any. I enjoy talking to engineers...so well rounded in the social sciences! Exciting stuff, that PU place.

Not.
Trey seems like a very modest and humble kid, that would make him a social outcast in Bloomington.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Were you even born for the last banner? I respect the banners but it’s been quite a while to still be bragging. Haven’t even been to the Big Dance in several years. Look it was a storied program and you should be proud, but the recruits see a program that hasn’t had a lot of success lately. I do think they are in the upswing. Hard not to when you get a 5 star at least 3 years running.
We both want Kaufman and iu has a major advantage with the pressure he must be feeling to attend iu. Someonewill get a very good player.
I suspect you will be happier in a few days, but I could be wrong. I'm also curious about a relative (Pittman?) that may approach 7 feet or so whose father I think played for Texas and a stint in the NBA??? I don't have much background on him. Yes, the geographical area is all IU and he had every reason in the world to commit to IU already if that was his desire...unless he was holding out for some "official visits" with live games. I also think had Ingram decided on Purdue that it would probably sway Trey elsewhere as that would be too many players of similar playing style and a really good player in that. Trey is going to be very good and one school is going to be very happy. Do you think Archie and Matt already know?

Trey seems like a very modest and humble kid, that would make him a social outcast in Bloomington.

So humility and modesty aren't so different than being a leper or being a Dalit. Who knew? And girls just hate those character traits as well. Yep, definite lock for pU.

• Haha
Purdue and IU are his finalists, not Butler. Of the two, Purdue has the smaller campus vibe than IU which it sounds like he prefers.
This Is mostly about the basketball program, the coach in whom he has the most confidence to develop him, and the style of play in which he feels most comfortable. Campus issues are in the eye of the beholder, and each school has reasons to be proud in that area.

Purdue and IU are his finalists, not Butler. Of the two, Purdue has the smaller campus vibe than IU which it sounds like he prefers.

Btown is picturesque with lots of gardens, wooded walkways, water etc....a very natural setting. WLaf is cold and more barren feeling. How in the wide world of sports do you label that as a "smaller campus vibe"??

On account of their returning and prospective first-round power forward and that incoming 5-star guard? Yeah, that must be it.

There is nothing that would lead an objective knowledgeable observer to believe that his statement was accurate.

Gotta love fans though.

Gotta love the Purdue fans grasping at every little thing they think Kaufman likes. Just about everything is pointing at IU. Not seen one thing pointing north.

Like? Every insider known isn’t pointing north. Not even counting other forums posters who are insiders. Who is pointing to PUke?

Rabjohns has already started to backtrack from a few weeks ago. I’d expect crystal ball picks to update before too long.

Gotta love the Purdue fans grasping at every little thing they think Kaufman likes. Just about everything is pointing at IU. Not seen one thing pointing north.

None of us have any insight into what he may choose. He will go where he feels most comfortable and where he sees the better career for himself.

I hope he chooses IU, but if he doesn't then we know IU was not a good fit for his personal wants and needs.

IU and PU are tied for 11th in the BIG in undergrad Physics (#37 overall). So while neither is elite, each offers a more than adequate opportunity. Both are ranked higher than UVA in this discipline (#44).

So why not get that Physics degree on an incredible campus like IU playing on the biggest stage in the iconic Sistine Chapel of college athletics...THE Assembly Hall in front of, and followed world wide by, the most knowledgeable fans in the sport?

There is playing D1 ball...there is playing in the BIG...and then there is playing for INDIANA.
lol

Reactions: Lucy01
He surely goes to IU. Would be a devastating blow to Archie to not land a mega talent like Kaufman in his own back yard. Purdue, let alone Painter, has never been able to have any success whatsoever there. Not being able to beat Purdue in over 4 and a half years shouldn’t matter. Gotta be a slam dunk for IU, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: DTownBeatDown
He surely goes to IU. Would be a devastating blow to Archie to not land a mega talent like Kaufman in his own back yard. Purdue, let alone Painter, has never been able to have any success whatsoever there. Not being able to beat Purdue in over 4 and a half years shouldn’t matter. Slam dunk for IU.
Better pump the brakes some

None of us have any insight into what he may choose. He will go where he feels most comfortable and where he sees the better career for himself.

I hope he chooses IU, but if he doesn't then we know IU was not a good fit for his personal wants and needs.
Where he is today might be different next week, but I don't think so. I anticipate him saying proximity, realtionships and academics to be the main factors when he announces. Course isn't that somewhat standard for many? ;) Good kid it seems...wish him well in his major and basketball. I wonder if all three coaches know or just the one where he is going? Well, I assume at least one knows...

He surely goes to IU. Would be a devastating blow to Archie to not land a mega talent like Kaufman in his own back yard. Purdue, let alone Painter, has never been able to have any success whatsoever there. Not being able to beat Purdue in over 4 and a half years shouldn’t matter. Gotta be a slam dunk for IU, right?
Didn't he tweet something a couple of weeks ago about many people are going to be surprised where he goes? Maybe it is Butler? ;)

Rabjohns has already started to backtrack from a few weeks ago. I’d expect crystal ball picks to update before too long.

Get the fack out..... you're delusional. This one has been over for a long time.

Prepare for a poopsicle in your treat bag.

Rabjohns??? BWAHAHAHAHA.....

McHoop

I have no idea where TK will pick, but saying PU has a smaller campus vibe is like saying DC, Chicago or Philly have a smaller town vibe than NYC. Both schools and campuses are just too large to call either a "small campus vibe". Someone may prefer one to the other, but it isn't because it has a small campus feel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT