ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Announcement Date Set for 10-30

He coaches basketball and lacrosse.
You have a right to think what you will. I won't try to change it. I'm just glad to know him and hear about everything that goes on the inside of IUFB & IUBB.
I don't think he posts on Peegs much going by his history. I don't know what the teenage girl act thing means. As for him being a "clown" clearly you have your mind made up.

Cav develops strange and unhealthy attachments for some folks apparently. His hatred for Romeo is bizarre for an IU fan. WTF does it matter what he coaches? And of course, the "normal" answer is, it doesn't.

Reactions: OldChargey
You have a right to think what you will. I won't try to change it. I'm just glad to know him and hear about everything that goes on the inside of IUFB & IUBB.
I don't think he posts on Peegs much going by his history. I don't know what the teenage girl act thing means. As for him being a "clown" clearly you have your mind made up.

I use to be a regular on the peegs Monday night chats. Sam lives for Monday nights. He has this group of seniors that have a circle jerk around 10pm. He will say things constantly like "I know what's about to happen, but I am not gonna tell you" and then guys will say oh please coach oh please!!!! and then he will say something about a 15 year olds gfs teacher liking IU and the board goes crazy.... He has a weird obsession with the HS aspect of IU bball. I find that odd. I like to know who is coming to IU and info on them when they choose IU. Sure it is fun to talk about the Romeos of the world coming here, but he acts like he knows what the 143rd ranked player most deep thoughts are. super weird.

What level basketball does he coach HS? AAU? girls?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Dreadful takes. I don't know why I'm wasting my time defending him or with some fake like yourself. Carry on.

Cav develops strange and unhealthy attachments for some folks apparently. His hatred for Romeo is bizarre for an IU fan. WTF does it matter what he coaches? And of course, the "normal" answer is, it doesn't.

There are certain things or people that rub me the wrong way and I just hold onto it...... You should feel lucky, you could call me anything in the book and I already have enough respect for you that I will not mind one bit. Congrats.

Old Sean is back at it again. Last I heard he still coaches lacrosse up in the Chicago Suburbs (men's though). Not sure if he is still in AAU but was pretty connected for awhile. He's not always right and I don't think has ever pretended to be, but he knows his stuff and is worth a listen.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Dreadful takes. I don't know why I'm wasting my time defending him or with some fake like yourself. Carry on.

So he coaches girls lacrosse just to clear that up. You said he coaches bball, care to expand, I could care less how you feel on him, I just shared how I feel because you speculated.

Old Sean is back at it again. Last I heard he still coaches lacrosse up in the Chicago Suburbs (men's though). Not sure if he is still in AAU but was pretty connected for awhile. He's not always right and I don't think has ever pretended to be, but he knows his stuff and is worth a listen.

Remember when you went out of your way to ask people about me in Bloomington, Yikes.

Remember when you went out of your way to ask people about me in Bloomington, Yikes.

If mentioning a flamboyant and obnoxious poster on a message board that I frequent and read to a collective group of buddies that I've known for over 50 years (that live in Bloomington) is going out of my way, sue me I guess. Stay tough buddy.

If mentioning a flamboyant and obnoxious poster on a message board that I frequent and read to a collective group of buddies that I've known for over 50 years (that live in Bloomington) is going out of my way, sue me I guess. Stay tough buddy.

Flamboyant is not a good adjective to describe me. Obnoxious, ya been called that a few times.

Most seniors in Bllomington that know me like me. You probably were a little shocked when they said ya he is the same guy in real life. Would tell you you are a clown to your face for sure, guess that makes me tough guy :).

Flamboyant is not a good adjective to describe me. Obnoxious, ya been called that a few times.

Most seniors in Bllomington that know me like me. You probably were a little shocked when they said ya he is the same guy in real life. Would tell you you are a clown to your face for sure, guess that makes me tough guy :).

A loudmouth, wanna be tough guy prick? Ya I gathered that already.

Have a good day, Sean.

There are certain things or people that rub me the wrong way and I just hold onto it...... You should feel lucky, you could call me anything in the book and I already have enough respect for you that I will not mind one bit. Congrats.

But why does it matter to you what he coaches? Guessing he played lacrosse, or had kids that did and enjoys it and if he's a good Coach, that's great, he's teaching kids to play a team sport.... how's that a bad thing? A better question to ask yourself, what do you coach?

No basis for an opinion, but why would that stop me? I'm not feeling it, especially after the tweet someone posted about doing something for your own reasons that might be unpopular with others. I didn't think the quiet was good for IU, nor that quote, if it truly was from Trey. Hope I'm wrong.

Where did you see that date, btw? Announcement at school, from home, etc...?
Love your first sentence. Made me laugh. Thanks.

Reactions: kkott
Hope we land him but if we don't it's not that big of a deal considering the other guys we're after.

All in all I'm just ready to get this recruitment over with so we can either count him in, or move our focus to other prospects.
I agree. And to that I add let’s play ball.

Reactions: kkott
It would seem you heard very wrong then. I don’t know your beef or jealousy.
But you should be thankful if his free contributions and work to the IU community.
I know I am. Wonderful guy he is. You should probably try to get to know him better. And he hasn’t coached girls anything.
Is this all about Sam Story? Who is he? I need a brief summary up. Thanks.

Reactions: Lucy01
I agree. And to that I add let’s play ball.

I don't agree it's not a big deal. CAM has done great with in-state targets, but I want all the good ones. Trey's a little different with his academic prowess (not unlike Cody), but I think it puts a hole in our recruiting with the targets we have left... not a ton of highly ranked 4s who have the skills and ability to play out and stretch the floor. Plus, with not signing any frontcourt help in this past years class.... We will occassionally miss on IN targets (Montross) that are a great fit for us, but I'll never like it or get accustomed to it.

Last edited:
Is this all about Sam Story? Who is he? I need a brief summary up. Thanks.

Indianapolis native and former alum who lives up in Chicago that coaches HS lacrosse and AAU basketball. Very well-connected to the basketball program and shares his insights on Twitter. I don't do Twitter so don't know his login name, but he's a well-respected gentleman who in most cases gives solid updates on roster and recruiting news.

Indianapolis native and former alum who lives up in Chicago that coaches HS lacrosse and AAU basketball. Very well-connected to the basketball program and shares his insights on Twitter. I don't do Twitter so don't know his login name, but he's a well-respected gentleman who in most cases gives solid updates on roster and recruiting news.
“Somewhat connected” is probably more accurate than “very well connected”. Like some of the others who share information and do so with a public profile, there’s often a need to be perceived as a bit more “in the know” than is truly the case. I think there’s a bit of “he’s ours, he’s ours, he’s ours“ followed by “I’ve known for awhile he’s going somewhere else” out there, so a grain of salt and a reasonable amount of suspicion are never bad to have on hand, just in case.

Thanks.

Seems devolution is all the rage. This thread reads like a variation of the "to a hammer everything looks like a nail" adage, i.e., to an asshole everything looks like it needs to be shit on. Certainly constitutes most of what some 'contribute' here.

Hope everyone has cause to enjoy the IU/PSU game. GO HOOSIERS!

I use to be a regular on the peegs Monday night chats. Sam lives for Monday nights. He has this group of seniors that have a circle jerk around 10pm. He will say things constantly like "I know what's about to happen, but I am not gonna tell you" and then guys will say oh please coach oh please!!!! and then he will say something about a 15 year olds gfs teacher liking IU and the board goes crazy.... He has a weird obsession with the HS aspect of IU bball. I find that odd. I like to know who is coming to IU and info on them when they choose IU. Sure it is fun to talk about the Romeos of the world coming here, but he acts like he knows what the 143rd ranked player most deep thoughts are. super weird.

What level basketball does he coach HS? AAU? girls?
Peet’s chats were a fing joke with a capital f

Reactions: Cavanagh
Curious to why you think it's been weird? He's been pretty ho-hum about the whole process. You had a lot of posters on multiple IU sites making a lot of noise declaring his commitment to IU imminent back in the Spring when really there was no indication on his front that was the case. He's always seemed like a fall commit (in my opinion) and his decision date reaffirms that. You always knew some of the bigger schools were going to come calling eventually as I believe he was a severely underrated prospect, but the pandemic in this case has probably worked in IU's favor as he wasn't able to get out east for any official visits.

There wasn't a staff in America who pursued Kaufman harder than IU so you can't fault them for trying in the event he commits elsewhere. That being said, I like where IU sits in his future plans.
Do you believe that IU recruited him harder than Purdue or essentially the same?

But why does it matter to you what he coaches? Guessing he played lacrosse, or had kids that did and enjoys it and if he's a good Coach, that's great, he's teaching kids to play a team sport.... how's that a bad thing? A better question to ask yourself, what do you coach?

To be honest I have some weird thing with calling someone coach. Coaches are some of the most important people in life IMO. It is a respect thing. A title I think that should be earned. I realize you have jr high volleyball coaches, Boys club soccer coaches, Etc...... but if I refer to someone as coach, I respect the hell out of you. If I see coach Yeagley, it is always “how are you coach” never mr. Yeagley. I would never call Crean, coach Crean.

Do you believe that IU recruited him harder than Purdue or essentially the same?

Harder. He's been IU's top target for well over a year. Purdue's primary focuses were Furst (up until he committed) and then went all-in for Harrison Ingram. Kaufman is a luxury for Purdue at this point with Furst committed and while Purdue has since shifted it focus towards Kaufman now that Ingram is off the board, they haven't been recruiting Kaufman harder than IU.

Harder. He's been IU's top target for well over a year. Purdue's primary focuses were Furst (up until he committed) and then went all-in for Harrison Ingram. Kaufman is a luxury for Purdue at this point with Furst committed and while Purdue has since shifted it focus towards Kaufman now that Ingram is off the board, they haven't been recruiting Kaufman harder than IU.
Recruiting him as hard as IU has, has been a detriment. Pushing for a commitment early on hasn’t helped matters either. Purdue is the best fit stylistically and culturally. That’s why it’s Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Recruiting him as hard as IU has, has been a detriment. Pushing for a commitment early on hasn’t helped matters either. Purdue is the best fit stylistically and culturally. That’s why it’s Purdue.

Disagree with that wholeheartedly. He's a better natural fit at IU, especially earlier in his career. With Williams and Furst, he's relegated more to the perimeter and he's a natural 4. I'm confident he's not going to Purdue and haven't heard anything that suggests otherwise. We will all know though here in a week!

Disagree with that wholeheartedly. He's a better natural fit at IU, especially earlier in his career. With Williams and Furst, he's relegated more to the perimeter and he's a natural 4. I'm confident he's not going to Purdue and haven't heard anything that suggests otherwise. We will all know though here in a week!
He wants to play on the perimeter. His improvement over the summer has shown he can play that 3/4 role. That’s why the fit with Furst will work. It’s Purdue.

Reactions: tjreese
He wants to play on the perimeter. His improvement over the summer has shown he can play that 3/4 role. That’s why the fit with Furst will work. It’s Purdue.

He's a stretch 4 with the ability play on the perimeter, but he's not yet ready to be a wing oriented player from day 1. Kaufman would struggle immensely guarding smaller, quicker guards in a line up with Furst and Williams.

And whatever you say. I'm putting it at 80/20 IU. Will know Friday for sure.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Purdue is the best fit stylistically and culturally.

Is that because you think he's a gumby or because it's your view that everything can "fit" better in a vacuum.

Outside of WL, style and culture are generally only used to describe Purdue when referring to their absence, but thanks for the chuckle.

He was recently quoted as saying Purdue’s offensive style likely fit him the best of all his final schools.

Is that because you think he's a gumby or because it's your view that everything can "fit" better in a vacuum.

Outside of WL, style and culture are generally only used to describe Purdue when referring to their absence, but thanks for the chuckle.
Yep. We know what the IU culture brings. All flash no substance. Pre-season rankings & underperforming when it matters.

Kaufman saw right through all that BS. It’s Purdue.

You do NOT have to play with a 5. You can play with two 4's that go inside
and out just like Michigan about 4 or so years ago with Wlson and Wagner (sp?). Matt will adjust to the talent whether it is bigs or guards as he has in the past. Trey and Furst would be great together. I do NOT know that Matt ever stopped recruiting Trey and Matt is on record as stating he would love to have either or both Trey and Ingram. Trey went to a STEM school and so I understand why engineering may be of interest to him. Purdue has recruited him for some time as he awas about to commit to Purdue last spring and then held off. We will all know in a week, but Trey will fit just fine at Purdue not only as a player, but with the quality people on the team and the academics offered. If he doesn't end up at Purdue...good luck to Trey even though I think he would be making a mistake. Course, I'm biased and I know that... ;) I do agree that he showed he can play on the perimeter in only one summer...more ball handling improvement will take place. As far as D, Purdue has always played "team" D as they have very few individual drills, but spend the time on shell work. That said, Purdue has had a few excel on the D end, but that was through study and effort mostly moreso than physical gifts although I'll give the physical edge to Nojel. Course away from the ball it is mostly study and effort... ;)

and out just like Michigan about 4 or so years ago with Wlson and Wagner (sp?). Matt will adjust to the talent whether it is bigs or guards as he has in the past. Trey and Furst would be great together. I do NOT know that Matt ever stopped recruiting Trey and Matt is on record as stating he would love to have either or both Trey and Ingram. Trey went to a STEM school and so I understand why engineering may be of interest to him. Purdue has recruited him for some time as he awas about to commit to Purdue last spring and then held off. We will all know in a week, but Trey will fit just fine at Purdue not only as a player, but with the quality people on the team and the academics offered. If he doesn't end up at Purdue...good luck to Trey even though I think he would be making a mistake. Course, I'm biased and I know that... ;) I do agree that he showed he can play on the perimeter in only one summer...more ball handling improvement will take place. As far as D, Purdue has always played "team" D as they have very few individual drills, but spend the time on shell work. That said, Purdue has had a few excel on the D end, but that was through study and effort mostly moreso than physical gifts although I'll give the physical edge to Nojel. Course away from the ball it is mostly study and effort... ;)
You guys in West Lafayette can’t read. He’s a future Physics major. Trey is not a 3. He may play at the 3 for some stretch in games. He’s a classic stretch 4. I’m close to betting the farm he’s IU bound.

He's not going to Purdue

Yep. We know what the IU culture brings. All flash no substance. Pre-season rankings & underperforming when it matters.

Kaufman saw right through all that BS. It’s Purdue.

Your posts seem to display panic on your part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT