ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the women vs NW last night

Couple of comments.
Our second team played the fourth quarter and was outscored by NW. I agree with your comment about gaining valuable experience, but I wish we had won the final quarter.
Both Beau and Jules are listed at 6’1” but Beau seems to play more of a SG spot and Jules a SF. I don’t know if I am correct but it seems that way to me.
Regarding next year, I think we will need freshman of the year type play from Wiseman or Fenn or both.
I am looking forward to having Wiseman on the team. And Beaumont and LaMendola are going to be be GOOD! Good players and tough-minded. We need a knock-down shooter from the portal who is also a good driver in the lane.

Reactions: ptrich
I am looking forward to having Wiseman on the team. And Beaumont and LaMendola are going to be be GOOD! Good players and tough-minded. We need a knock-down shooter from the portal who is also a good driver in the lane.
Once upon a time, it was easy to project how next season might go in the B1G, but now it's impossible to with the portal and instant eligibility. We lose two starters and possibly three depending on what Chloe does, Iowa is losing four starters, and OSU losing two starters in Jacy Sheldon (a big loss) and Celeste Taylor.

We will have to wait for the dust to settle in the off-season to have any idea of how things might go next year. We also have the west coast teams and I have absolutely no idea what they have coming back and again you are looking at portal additions there also. There seems to be several surprise transfers of key players each season that people didn't see coming, so there's that unforeseen element in the mix.

Once upon a time, it was easy to project how next season might go in the B1G, but now it's impossible to with the portal and instant eligibility. We lose two starters and possibly three depending on what Chloe does, Iowa is losing four starters, and OSU losing two starters in Jacy Sheldon (a big loss) and Celeste Taylor.

We will have to wait for the dust to settle in the off-season to have any idea of how things might go next year. We also have the west coast teams and I have absolutely no idea what they have coming back and again you are looking at portal additions there also. There seems to be several surprise transfers of key players each season that people didn't see coming, so there's that unforeseen element in the mix.
Agree. Hopefully no one leaves us. Last year Mona Zarich and Kassandra Browne left. They had near zero minutes (Browne battled injuries with I think 2 hip dislocations) and likely left for playing time. The one transfer At risk for us, I think is Curre- Jelks.
I have watched some west coast games. Seems like a talented league. Ju Ju Watkins is a Great player now (true frosh). The big ten may have most of the top teams - less UConn and South Carolina.

Agree. Hopefully no one leaves us. Last year Mona Zarich and Kassandra Browne left. They had near zero minutes (Browne battled injuries with I think 2 hip dislocations) and likely left for playing time. The one transfer At risk for us, I think is Curre- Jelks.
I have watched some west coast games. Seems like a talented league. Ju Ju Watkins is a Great player now (true frosh). The big ten may have most of the top teams - less UConn and South Carolina.
Totally agree we need that quick shooter guard Seems we had trouble stopping that …Bowling green. Osu. Illinois have that type player and it gave us trouble Hope Terri picks up that type player in portal

Reactions: Jssanto
Totally agree we need that quick shooter guard Seems we had trouble stopping that …Bowling green. Osu. Illinois have that type player and it gave us trouble Hope Terri picks up that type player in portal
I would love a shooter guard from the portal. I assume coaches cannot reach out to someone not in the portal? I wonder if that is illegal or just unethical?
I would really like to see Beau become a 3 pt threat.

I would love a shooter guard from the portal. I assume coaches cannot reach out to someone not in the portal? I wonder if that is illegal or just unethical?
I would really like to see Beau become a 3 pt threat.
Both, and if caught the player would be inelible at the violating school plus other sanctions

Both, and if caught the player would be inelible at the violating school plus other sanctions
Thanks. At first by “both” I thought you meant portal in a 3 pt shooter and Beau develop.
But at least thanks for the clarification about rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT