ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Announcement Date Set for 10-30

MTBRider

Junior
Jun 20, 2003
Let the speculation begin! Would really be a big get for us and I think we're in great shape. VA does concern me though.

Reactions: gonnerm
Let the speculation begin! Would really be a big get for us and I think we're in great shape. VA does concern me though.

No basis for an opinion, but why would that stop me? I'm not feeling it, especially after the tweet someone posted about doing something for your own reasons that might be unpopular with others. I didn't think the quiet was good for IU, nor that quote, if it truly was from Trey. Hope I'm wrong.

Where did you see that date, btw? Announcement at school, from home, etc...?

No basis for an opinion, but why would that stop me? I'm not feeling it, especially after the tweet someone posted about doing something for your own reasons that might be unpopular with others. I didn't think the quiet was good for IU, nor that quote, if it truly was from Trey. Hope I'm wrong.

Where did you see that date, btw? Announcement at school, from home, etc...?
He gone! That date is also on the premium board!

Reactions: RunninRichie
I have no information but this recruitment has seemed weird for a while. My instinct is that he isn't coming. I truly hope I am wrong. Love how he is not just a great basketball player but extremely smart kid also.

Reactions: tjreese
I have no information but this recruitment has seemed weird for a while. My instinct is that he isn't coming. I truly hope I am wrong. Love how he is not just a great basketball player but extremely smart kid also.

Curious to why you think it's been weird? He's been pretty ho-hum about the whole process. You had a lot of posters on multiple IU sites making a lot of noise declaring his commitment to IU imminent back in the Spring when really there was no indication on his front that was the case. He's always seemed like a fall commit (in my opinion) and his decision date reaffirms that. You always knew some of the bigger schools were going to come calling eventually as I believe he was a severely underrated prospect, but the pandemic in this case has probably worked in IU's favor as he wasn't able to get out east for any official visits.

There wasn't a staff in America who pursued Kaufman harder than IU so you can't fault them for trying in the event he commits elsewhere. That being said, I like where IU sits in his future plans.

I don't put much faith in him, but Sam Story is saying it's between IU & PU. Now I think I'm more afraid of VA than ever before!

Reactions: kkott
I think the fall commit makes me feel better than a spring one. If he announced spring date I would be more worried about UVA and UNC. There has been a lot of talk about going were he can have a great relationship with players and coaches, and it is hard to get that at either of those when you can not get an official visit and hang out with the team. As has been mentioned IU has put in the most time, and there will potentially be at least 4 players on the roster he has played with in the past which has to be a good selling point with how they can play together.

If you believe the quotes of the past, he is interested in Engineering, thus PU.
If you look at his recent interests and voluntary visits, then its UVA.
If you look at any of the other reasons (playing with other teammates, being close to home, joining the program that makes him a home-state celebrity), then its IU
Take your pick, and wait it out. Can't wait for the suspense of the two upcoming choices to end!

If you believe the quotes of the past, he is interested in Engineering, thus PU.
If you look at any of the other reasons (playing with other teammates, being close to home, joining the program that makes him a home-state celebrity), then its IU
Take your pick, and wait it out. Can't wait for the suspense of the two upcoming choices to end!

Take my pick? I choose #3. Welcome to IU Trey! Geez, that wasn't so difficult!

I've also seen that he wants to major in Physics, not Engineering. Apparently, the Engineering talk was 2nd hand at best but the Physics was recently from Trey himself.

Reactions: 76-1
I've also seen that he wants to major in Physics, not Engineering. Apparently, the Engineering talk was 2nd hand at best but the Physics was recently from Trey himself.
I"m sure the Engineering talk was first hand... directly from a PU fan!

I"m sure the Engineering talk was first hand... directly from a PU fan!
Probably the same person who said Kaufman wouldn't play with Furst since that doesn't seem to be an issue not that Furst is now a Purdue commitment. It was only an issue when IU had a chance to land both. Funny, that.

Staying positive..
Another Southern Indiana guy..
Hoosiers...Look forward to seeing him here in the Hatchet House the 2nd weekend in March.

Reactions: IULouie
Virginia? So Trey likes setting picks and never seeing the ball? He should really watch how they use their bigs.
Agreed and I don't necessarily think he'll choose there. However, it's perceived as a big time school (due to recent history) and there were rumors he was looking for the "big names" to come calling, Charlottesville (minus the inbred mouth breathers that run people over) is a very cool town and there's the Kyle Guy factor.

Again, not saying it would be his best fit, but that's just the one that makes me a bit nervous. With that said, as long as it's not PU, I'll be okay either way.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I don't put much faith in him, but Sam Story is saying it's between IU & PU. Now I think I'm more afraid of VA than ever before!

what’s coach got to say on the matter? He said he was coaching somewhere recently. Still girls lacrosse?

He’s going to Purdue because Purdue fans say Little Archie is the worst coach in history and Matt Painter is a future Hall of Fame, Iconic Coach.

In all honesty, I can’t wait till TK hangs 25 on their asses down the road.

well, don't know about the worst coach in history, but Painter's proven himself to be a pretty good one, and has owned Archie so far. Hope that starts to change this year... but I've had that feeling the last couple years.

Reactions: barackmr
well, don't know about the worst coach in history, but Painter's proven himself to be a pretty good one, and has owned Archie so far. Hope that starts to change this year... but I've had that feeling the last couple years.
Good post dog knot😂

He’s going to Purdue because Purdue fans say Little Archie is the worst coach in history and Matt Painter is a future Hall of Fame, Iconic Coach.

Hall of Fame coach who can’t win an NCAA championship.

Hyperbole much?

Kaufman is a very versatile inside/outside player, one of the best forward prospects that I have watched in Indiana in the last 10 years. Kaufman would be a great fit and a very good player at IU, especially with his good team chemistry playing with Logan Duncomb again as he did in AAU.

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
He is the biggest IU insider in the entire community. Say whatever you want. He is almost never wrong. Sleep well.
LOL. Does Sam call all these HS kids? Where does he coach? Im serious. His dad has done well and life and is very connected to IU. Sam? Last I heard he was a girls lacrosse coach and looking for attention around 9:30 pm on Mondays.

It would seem you heard very wrong then. I don’t know your beef or jealousy.
But you should be thankful if his free contributions and work to the IU community.
I know I am. Wonderful guy he is. You should probably try to get to know him better. And he hasn’t coached girls anything.

But you should be thankful if his free contributions and work to the IU community.
I know I am. Wonderful guy he is. You should probably try to get to know him better. And he hasn’t coached girls anything.
If you ever have the opportunity to meet Sam, you can't help come away not liking the guy. Down-to-earth and very easy to talk to. I'd trust anything he says because of the relationships he has with people throughout the athletic dept.

Reactions: 76-1 and OldChargey

What does he coach? You have yet to tell me? I dont think he is nearly as connected as you and many others think he is. His info is wrong a lot, and the teenage girl act with back and forth with the other dorks on peegs over the years has made me think he is a clown.

Reactions: Lucy01
He coaches basketball and lacrosse.
You have a right to think what you will. I won't try to change it. I'm just glad to know him and hear about everything that goes on the inside of IUFB & IUBB.
I don't think he posts on Peegs much going by his history. I don't know what the teenage girl act thing means. As for him being a "clown" clearly you have your mind made up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT