ADVERTISEMENT

Ivermectin a promising drug...

So about 20 minutes ago I was in line at the Williams Bros Pharmacy drive up in Washington. I look in my mirror and behind me is married couple I told you guys about with Covid. Their Doc was using ivermectin and got over Covid quick. He didn’t prescribe for them. After I talked to them Monday they called and he prescribed for them. They’re both smiling this morning and are convinced ivermectin turned things around for them. The wife was pulling weeds out of her flower garden yesterday. The man is much better but feels like he’s behind his wife in recovery.

If you remember my post the man hasn’t been vaccinated and the wife was vaccinated.

So are these two college educated people rubes and hillbillies for thinking ivermectin helped them recover when things were going backwards for them over the weekend?

Edit: for full disclosure the wife was elected home coming queen at Western Kentucky many years ago. And she’s blonde. So there you go.

Last edited:
Another Ivermectin using anti-vaxer about to bite the dust.

Sad, 30 years old, 3 kids and his wife is pregnant with their 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike41703
@Sope Creek

Interesting message from a local pharmacist yesterday. He’s also a high school classmate:

Pharmacists have been instructed not to fill ivermectin prescriptions for Covid use. Insurance payers are also auditing claims and reclaiming payments made to pharmacies. They consider it using an approved drug for a non approved use. Doctors that prescribe it for Covid must have an experimental trial permit. I still have a few doctors that want it and use it.

@Sope Creek

Interesting message from a local pharmacist yesterday. He’s also a high school classmate:

Pharmacists have been instructed not to fill ivermectin prescriptions for Covid use. Insurance payers are also auditing claims and reclaiming payments made to pharmacies. They consider it using an approved drug for a non approved use. Doctors that prescribe it for Covid must have an experimental trial permit. I still have a few doctors that want it and use it.
Never underestimate the long reach of big brother.

• Love
Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
So about 20 minutes ago I was in line at the Williams Bros Pharmacy drive up in Washington. I look in my mirror and behind me is married couple I told you guys about with Covid. Their Doc was using ivermectin and got over Covid quick. He didn’t prescribe for them. After I talked to them Monday they called and he prescribed for them. They’re both smiling this morning and are convinced ivermectin turned things around for them. The wife was pulling weeds out of her flower garden yesterday. The man is much better but feels like he’s behind his wife in recovery.

If you remember my post the man hasn’t been vaccinated and the wife was vaccinated.

So are these two college educated people rubes and hillbillies for thinking ivermectin helped them recover when things were going backwards for them over the weekend?

Edit: for full disclosure the wife was elected home coming queen at Western Kentucky many years ago. And she’s blonde. So there you go.
So, what is a "rube"?

Another Ivermectin using anti-vaxer about to biter the dust.

Sad, 30 years old, 3 kids and his wife is pregnant with thetimeliness.
It is sad, but nobody is saying to self medicate with Ivermectin. And it is not a cure, only a possible treatment that needs to be extensively researched, IMHO. And not by associate professors of vet med nor linguists paid to be fact checkers.

It is sad, but nobody is saying to self medicate with Ivermectin. And it is not a cure, only a possible treatment that needs to be extensively researched, IMHO. And not by associate professors of vet med nor linguists paid to be fact checkers.
I understand what you’re saying, but think about how many people don’t do any research at all and take the advice of people like this:

Would have you taken it if Trump was president?
You do the math. I got my second shot during the first week of February. For shits and giggles, let’s say it was February 7th. Now, look at the number of days between the two shots and count backwards on your calendar. Tell me who was president when I got my first shot.

Reactions: DrHoops
You do the math. I got my second shot during the first week of February. For shits and giggles, let’s say it was February 7th. Now, look at the number of days between the two shots and count backwards on your calendar. Tell me who was president when I got my first shot.
It’s amazing that Trumpsters have made this a partisan issue. I just want the best chance to stay alive.

Natural selection.

Reactions: Bill4411
Another Ivermectin using anti-vaxer about to biter the dust.

Sad, 30 years old, 3 kids and his wife is pregnant with their 4th.
I only feel bad for the wife and kids. Tough-guy redneck just had to play a stupid game and now his wife and kids might inherit the stupid prize.

@Sope Creek

We can't even get Ivermectin.

I only feel bad for the wife and kids. Tough-guy redneck just had to play a stupid game and now his wife and kids might inherit the stupid prize.

I just can’t believe these people. I mean, I realize we have some of the least informed voters in the world (to put it mildly), but I watched a NY Times video of an ICU in Arkansas, and the doctor in charge said that MOST of the people don’t believe they even have Covid. And the people on oxygen still say they won’t get vaccinated, even AFTER they get out of the ICU. Not only that, but the doc said that only 20% of the family members of ICU patients say they will get the vaccination.

It really is insanity. No other way to put it.

Reactions: mike41703
I just can’t believe these people. I mean, I realize we have some of the least informed voters in the world (to put it mildly), but I watched a NY Times video of an ICU in Arkansas, and the doctor in charge said that MOST of the people don’t believe they even have Covid. And the people on oxygen still say they won’t get vaccinated, even AFTER they get out of the ICU. Not only that, but the doc said that only 20% of the family members of ICU patients say they will get the vaccination.

They don't even believe Trump. He was booed when he told them to get vaccinated.

The placebo effect.

I understand what you’re saying, but think about how many people don’t do any research at all and take the advice of people like this:

How many people buy drugs from some dude hanging out at a 7-11? Bad stuff happens to stupid people.

Three cheers for Darwin!

If these inbreds truly believe they don’t have Covid, in other words, if they don’t believe what the doctor treating them is telling them, then that should be an implied refusal of treatment. Send these inbred out to the sidewalk and let them suffocate and save the ICU beds for others. Let the stupid inbreds claim their stupid prizes. I will happily help engrave their tombstones with the words “Still owning the libs”

How many people buy drugs from some dude hanging out at a 7-11? Bad stuff happens to stupid people.
Or people who are taking advice from places like….this thread?

I mean, if one idiot reads this, buys it and dies from it, you don’t get that by spreading nonsense, you’re part of the problem?

So those 80 million voters for Biden were well informed?

Or people who are taking advice from places like….this thread?

I mean, if one idiot reads this, buys it and dies from it, you don’t get that by spreading nonsense, you’re part of the problem?
There’s no one dying from taking medical ivermectin.

No one is foregoing real treatment and taking this drug instead and getting worse and dying?

For a long time we wised up and stopped buying snake oil in lieu of real treatment. Why are we rushing back to snake oil?
Why not cut to the chase and do what the best minds in medicine are telling you? I suppose if you don't like US doctors you might try British, French doctors or even Russian doctors for their recommendations. I doubt that there are many veterinarians who are recommending Ivermectin for Covid.

Why not cut to the chase and do what the best minds in medicine are telling you? I suppose if you don't like US doctors you might try British, French doctors or even Russian doctors for their recommendations. I doubt that there are many veterinarians who are recommending Ivermectin for Covid.
Even the maker of Ivermectin, Merck, is pleading with people not to take it for Covid.

Unfortunately, you can’t teach stupid. These are the same people who were all in on hydroxychloroquine. They are immune to one thing. And that is facts.

Natural Selection.

Their physician prescribed it?
Why on Earth would a physician prescribe it? That’s the point. When even the drug maker, Merck, says not to.

There are plenty of doctors who were prescribing hydroxychloroquine too.

Why on Earth would a physician prescribe it? That’s the point. When even the drug maker, Merck, says not to.

There are plenty of doctors who were prescribing hydroxychloroquine too.

In the proper patients with the proper doses, what does it hurt?

It is not a substitute for getting vaccinated.

Reactions: Cortez88

This is what’s so maddening about Americans. They view COVID only through the scope of American politics. As if the virus isn’t tearing through every country on planet Earth.

Because even the makers of it says it does nothing to hinder Covid. How much more clear can it be than that?

Because even the makers of it says it does nothing to hinder Covid. How much more clear can it be than that?
You're saying it doesn't help. I'm saying what does it hurt?

If either one helps a little and there is no risk....why do you care?

We are all still learning. Don't self medicate.

Reactions: HillzHoozier

Why do you guys engage with them? There is zero chance of any common ground.
link to that statement from the maker? Now I'm interested in your stupidity.

• Love
Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier

Well, why not just take Advil? I maven, it doesn’t hurt, right? How about Crest Extra Whitening Toothpaste? It doesn’t hurt!

Read the article I posted above. The reality is that it absolutely can “hurt” and can be fatal. What is the deal with idiots who would take it, but not get vaccinated??!

it’s absolutely absurd.

Why do you guys engage with them? There is zero chance of any common ground.

link to that statement from the maker? Now I'm interested in your stupidity.

Well, why not just take Advil? I maven, it doesn’t hurt, right? How about Crest Extra Whitening Toothpaste? It doesn’t hurt!

Read the article I posted above. The reality is that it absolutely can “hurt” and can be fatal. What is the deal with idiots who would take it, but not get vaccinated??!

it’s absolutely absurd.
Ivermectin is dosed by weight. It is safe with the correct dosing.
Plaquenil is safe at proper doses in the correct patients.
What does it hurt? Why do you care?
Neither are substitutes for vaccination

well, there are millions of drugs out there that won’t “hurt”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT