ADVERTISEMENT

IU Hoops

I think the lying part was what did it. And the. The players who were failing, not going to class, openly doing drugs….
I think he was done no matter what he did.

He’s one heck of a recruiter. I was at a party of 5-10 couples during the time he was recruiting one of the Zellers. He and DD showed up and worked the party for a couple hours. Most there had wanted Alford. He had us all by the time he left.

Disagree. I think the players are plenty "tough." They just haven't been coached to have the discipline they need and haven't been given a system that works in today's game. They're executing what they've been told, it just doesn't work. They may be getting paid lots of money, but nothing close to the coaches. It's the coaches who aren't doing the job.
Yep.

I was shocked that Woodson started Cupp against Penn State and played him so much. Cupp is the size of Alford but gets shoved around and is not as strong as two shorter players we know -- Hulls and Ferrell.

As it turned out, Leal was no better than Cupps.

Walker was lost too. Reneau dribbled off his foot and fouled out.

Think about it -- three players were not ready for Penn State: Reneau, Walker, Leal. How can that NOT be the fault of the coach?

Reactions: stollcpa
Welp I have always booked my vacations around IU basketball. Until this year. I still looked at schedule, but no more. Getting out of here at tourney time so I don’t have to deal with it. First. No one in the Galapagos gives a flying f about basketball. I’ll find some more….
I have gotten over that March spring (first batch of decent) weather and conf tourney excitement and ncaa tournament I used to have and plan other things during this time. Sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I totally understand.

That’s a straight up evil point of view. Collectivists, Marxists and communists across the world have always sought to find the point at which more wealth and income doesn’t equate to more happiness or quality of life.

You're a sick freak.

That point doesn’t exist because all people are different. Yet you assume to know that point?

What exactly is wrong with you? Why are you so hell bent on obstructing and mocking other people’s accumulation of wealth.

A disgusting, jealous piece of shit.
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

NLRB declares Dartmouth players to be employees, orders union vote. Of course it will be appealed but I suspect this scares even the B10 and SEC.

Especially since it’s Dartmouth, where they don’t even give the players athletic scholarships (at least on paper).

I think Noodle needs to be banned from this thread!!! 😎
FWIW, despite part of me wanting to see Woodson receive a lifetime appointment, IU can do much better. Woodson really sucks as a college coach. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but IU has to part ways with him at the end of this season. In fact, three of the biggest programs in the B1G should be looking for a new coach at the end of March: IU, OSU, and UM. Also would not be surprised if Izzo retires.

Ohio University plays at Ball State tonight.

Jeff Boals vs Michael Lewis. The chance of these guys facing each other as the head coaches of OSU and IU respectively is not zero. I'd guess neither guy is at the top of the wish list at either school right now, but both places will likely have openings in another year or two and both those guys will be mentioned for those jobs.

Last edited:
Ohio University plays at Ball State tonight.

Jeff Boals vs Michael Lewis. The chance of these guys facing each other as the head coaches of OSU and IU respectively is not zero. I'd guess neither guy is at the top of the wish list at either school right now, but both places will likely have openings in another year or two and both those guys will be mentioned for those jobs.
I've tried to catch as many BSU games as I can. Not having a great year this year. They had a 6 or 7 game losing streak from December into mid Jan and below .500 in the MAC. I hope he gets some kids in this coming season or he's not going to be on anyone's wish list for a while. I really want to see him succeed.

I've tried to catch as many BSU games as I can. Not having a great year this year. They had a 6 or 7 game losing streak from December into mid Jan are below .500 in the MAC. I hope he gets some kids in this coming season or he's not going to be on anyone's wish list for a while. I really want to see him succeed.
BSU has had a bit of a dip this year, but he inherited a bad program and had a good year last year.

As you mentioned, with the transfer rules, you can turn things around pretty quickly though. I do hope BSU is a top MAC school next year. I haven't looked it up, but I hope they can make the MAC tourney this year and make some noise. OU is only in a slightly better spot, but they've done a decent job with the portal. They have guys in their rotation that started at Old Dominion, Maryland, Creighton, and Louisville.

I read an article this morning mentioning Terry Stotts as a possibility. That's a name I hadn't thought of in a while. I don't know if we want to repeat the NBA coach line of thought.

He coached for Carlisle and was very successful at Portland.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yep.

I was shocked that Woodson started Cupp against Penn State and played him so much. Cupp is the size of Alford but gets shoved around and is not as strong as two shorter players we know -- Hulls and Ferrell.

As it turned out, Leal was no better than Cupps.

Walker was lost too. Reneau dribbled off his foot and fouled out.

Think about it -- three players were not ready for Penn State: Reneau, Walker, Leal. How can that NOT be the fault of the coach?
Shocked? He's only started 11 games. And did you really think Leal was all of a sudden going to hit multiple 3's per game? There's a big difference when the other team actually guards him.

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT