ADVERTISEMENT

After 16 years of being a stay at home dad I’m headed back to earn a paycheck.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Don’t get me wrong staying at home with the kids has easily been the most rewarding job I could ever have. It allowed my wife and I to raise the kids with the vision we had for them. My wife was able to focus on her career as a physician. I was able to spend time doing philanthropy and sitting on boards.

I probably made more money staying at home just because I was able to dedicate myself to studying and analyzing my investments and crypto. The amount I played on Draftkings wouldn’t have been possible with a a full time job.

No I’m not saying quit your jobs invest in crypto and play fantasy sports. Some of my most challenging years have been while I made the most amount of money. I’d give every penny back for my kids just to be happy.

So, with two of my three girls headed to college in the next two years it was time to figure out how to fill my cup when they leave. Honestly I needed this regardless. Even as I paint this beautiful picture of what looks like a lovely existence many of you are familiar with my struggles. I’m fighting for my marriage, coming to terms with trauma I experienced as a child, learning to let go of the lack of affection I had as a child when I most needed it. Nobody has a perfect life, but I’ve done a lot of work to become more aware of why I struggle. As much as I want to intellectualize the why, there’s parts I’ve determined I’m powerless over. No this Jew is not giving himself to Jesus, but he did attend his first 12 step program meeting. I honestly can’t recall if I’ve written about that particular meeting in this space. It was a big step for me…and honestly one in which I’m still deciding if I am powerless.

Another area some of you know I’m having to put trust in is this bipolar diagnosis I received this spring. At times I feel better with the medications but it just feels like I’m on this constant roller coaster ride. Somedays i feel perfectly fine and then every once in awhile there’s uncontrollable tears.

So I haven’t been on here much these last few weeks. I’m not sure I discussed I had neck surgery to fix a pinched nerve in my neck. They went through the front of the neck and fused the C5/c6. Ah, I remember now i did journal to you all about this because while on the narcotics the next day I got phished for 140k in one of my crypto wallets.

Anyways, the first week of recovery went well, but since then it’s gone down hill. I have an MRI tonight. Basically I’ve had pain everyday except for the first week. Starting last week I lost occupational use of my right arm. The bicep and tricep are working but the deltoid is dead. This is the same muscle I struggled with pre surgery but now this arm is practically useless. I’m not sure the exact meaning of paralysis but I can feel pain in it but I can’t lift it And if you raise it above my head gravity lets it fall without any resistance. My surgeon is quite concerned and wants to know why what looked like a successful surgery now has a patient with acute deltoid weakness/paralysis three weeks later.

Anyways….so there’s always some good and bad. I’m choosing to believe getting this new job will add much to my life. I just hope physically I can do the work. Right now since this job involves sales I can make it happen. The future shall tell.

As always thanks for allowing me this space to share and be as transparent and vulnerable as needed.

nick-jonas-really.gif

Don’t get me wrong staying at home with the kids has easily been the most rewarding job I could ever have. It allowed my wife and I to raise the kids with the vision we had for them. My wife was able to focus on her career as a physician. I was able to spend time doing philanthropy and sitting on boards.

I probably made more money staying at home just because I was able to dedicate myself to studying and analyzing my investments and crypto. The amount I played on Draftkings wouldn’t have been possible with a a full time job.

No I’m not saying quit your jobs invest in crypto and play fantasy sports. Some of my most challenging years have been while I made the most amount of money. I’d give every penny back for my kids just to be happy.

So, with two of my three girls headed to college in the next two years it was time to figure out how to fill my cup when they leave. Honestly I needed this regardless. Even as I paint this beautiful picture of what looks like a lovely existence many of you are familiar with my struggles. I’m fighting for my marriage, coming to terms with trauma I experienced as a child, learning to let go of the lack of affection I had as a child when I most needed it. Nobody has a perfect life, but I’ve done a lot of work to become more aware of why I struggle. As much as I want to intellectualize the why, there’s parts I’ve determined I’m powerless over. No this Jew is not giving himself to Jesus, but he did attend his first 12 step program meeting. I honestly can’t recall if I’ve written about that particular meeting in this space. It was a big step for me…and honestly one in which I’m still deciding if I am powerless.

Another area some of you know I’m having to put trust in is this bipolar diagnosis I received this spring. At times I feel better with the medications but it just feels like I’m on this constant roller coaster ride. Somedays i feel perfectly fine and then every once in awhile there’s uncontrollable tears.

So I haven’t been on here much these last few weeks. I’m not sure I discussed I had neck surgery to fix a pinched nerve in my neck. They went through the front of the neck and fused the C5/c6. Ah, I remember now i did journal to you all about this because while on the narcotics the next day I got phished for 140k in one of my crypto wallets.

Anyways, the first week of recovery went well, but since then it’s gone down hill. I have an MRI tonight. Basically I’ve had pain everyday except for the first week. Starting last week I lost occupational use of my right arm. The bicep and tricep are working but the deltoid is dead. This is the same muscle I struggled with pre surgery but now this arm is practically useless. I’m not sure the exact meaning of paralysis but I can feel pain in it but I can’t lift it And if you raise it above my head gravity lets it fall without any resistance. My surgeon is quite concerned and wants to know why what looked like a successful surgery now has a patient with acute deltoid weakness/paralysis three weeks later.

Anyways….so there’s always some good and bad. I’m choosing to believe getting this new job will add much to my life. I just hope physically I can do the work. Right now since this job involves sales I can make it happen. The future shall tell.

As always thanks for allowing me this space to share and be as transparent and vulnerable as needed.
What will you be selling? Hopefully it doesn’t weigh much!!

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
What will you be selling? Hopefully it doesn’t weigh much!!
Going into the Wholesale Fish/Seafood business. I’m kind of a foodie and grew up in the industry somewhat so I get the culture. I’m happy to take any and all leads from my Army of supporters. If this was the AOTF I’d call it the Army of Schmucks.

Going into the Wholesale Fish/Seafood business. I’m kind of a foodie and grew up in the industry somewhat so I get the culture. I’m happy to take any and all leads from my Army of supporters. If this was the AOTF I’d call it the Army of Schmucks.
oh man i love this. big deadliest catch fan. when i lived on the coast i loved all the local seafood shops. and i watch crab prices like snarlcakes watches bitcoin. you're going to kill it.

Reactions: DrHoops
oh man i love this. big deadliest catch fan. when i lived on the coast i loved all the local seafood shops. and i watch crab prices like snarlcakes watches bitcoin. you're going to kill it.
Eh, except I live in landlocked Indiana so I’ll be selling for retail and commercial. Not as sexy as you think. You did give me a little dopamine rush though.

Is there a reality show you don't watch?

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
I really wish we could get a "ala carte" type service for choicing which television stations we get.

Like you, we'd probably pair it down to about five, not including sports.
Sports are the only thing I watch on network tv. But bc of that you are stuck with one of the big providers. I don’t watch anything else on the networks. I don’t watch news. History. Discovery. Food. Few shows on bravo and tlc. That’s it

Reactions: dbmhoosier

Good luck to you in this venture. I know your family has been through a lot in the last few years so you folks need a good win.

Had my MRI tonight and see the neurologist tomorrow. My surgeon called and asked for Dr. Josephson’s to see me the next day. I guess the good news is I’m seeing one of the the best but the bad news is my surgeon was concerned enough he wanted me seen right away. I’ve learned to take the good with the bad.

Sports are the only thing I watch on network tv. But bc of that you are stuck with one of the big providers. I don’t watch anything else on the networks. I don’t watch news. History. Discovery. Food. Few shows on bravo and tlc. That’s it
YouTube TV. do it.

I don’t know. Hold off for a bit as they are in a fight with fox but they otherwise have it all. Local channels. History family and discovery family of channels
YTTV is $70/month. I get everything I need including locals.

Ha! Seriously it’s the fox local. Missing a lot of games and football soon. Very annoying
Indy’s local Fox and CBS are owned by the same corporation and they’ve been in negotiations, with U-VERSE, since early July (I believe). Football season is coming and the IU/OSU game is on CBS this Saturday.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Oh do you.

Do you get A & E?
Do you get Vice?
Do you get The History Channel?
No, but I don't watch reality shows.

Edit: AND I NOW GET THE SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL WHICH IS WALL TO WALL AWESOME. From Air Disasters to MegaShips, the possibilities are endless. And don't even get me started on the greatest sleep aid ever, Aerial America

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Edit: AND I NOW GET THE SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL WHICH IS WALL TO WALL AWESOME. From Air Disasters to MegaShips, the possibilities are endless. And don't even get me started on the greatest sleep aid ever, Aerial America
First of all, I have YTTV, and I’m still pissed they broke up with the Pacers.
Second of all, Aerial America is one of my favs! It’s interesting, beautifully photographed, and its descriptions of how white Europeans totally fvcked the flora and fauna of the New World, as well as abusing the indigenous people so badly they finally had to import people from another continent to keep from getting bored, is woke af.

My daughter and I love air disasters. Frightening. The episode with the pilot stuck on the outside of the window 25,000 feet up, passed out, yet not dying is insane

My daughter and I love air disasters. Frightening. The episode with the pilot stuck on the outside of the window 25,000 feet up, passed out, yet not dying is insane
Like 80% pilot error. We're all screwed.

Second of all, Aerial America is one of my favs! It’s interesting, beautifully photographed, and its descriptions of how white Europeans totally fvcked the flora and fauna of the New World, as well as abusing the indigenous people so badly they finally had to import people from another continent to keep from getting bored, is woke af.
So woke. But the photography.....

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

I pray that you find a way!

Reactions: Eppy99
I’ve never heard of Aerial America and at lunch TODAY someone was going on and on about it. What are the odds? On my list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT