ADVERTISEMENT

The MAGA boycott of Bud Light is officially over.

Aloha Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
I probably sold my BUD stock to early! 😄

I’m at my favorite wings joint which is close to the Y where I worked out earlier. Bud beers (Busch, Ultra, Bud, Bud Light) are the special this month. A guy in a MAGA hat and his buddy (interestingly, a black guy) just sat down at the bar and ordered Bud Lights. No hesitation.

Boycott must officially be over.

Apparently Doritos is the new target, but I’ve not really read up on why.

I’m at my favorite wings joint which is close to the Y where I worked earlier. Bud beers (Busch, Ultra, Bud, Bud Light) are the special this month. A guy in a MAGA hat and his buddy (interestingly, a black guy) just sat down at the bar and ordered Bud Lights. No hesitation.

Have never had a Bud Light in my life.

Did buy Robert the Bruce (Three Floyd’s) at Dorothy Lane Market a couple of days ago, so I got that going for me, which is nice . . .

Haven’t been able to find it recently.

Gotta be the Latin name. Poisoning our blood or some such.
I just counted, and there are 15 people at the bar and all but two of them are drinking Bud Light. The other two are drinking Miller Lite and an IPA (fancy for this place!).

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
Must be a dive. Don’t these people have any taste buds left?
It’s definitely a blue collar place. I might be filthy rich in comparison to my roots, but I prefer these kind of places. Don’t get me wrong, I occasionally go to white collar places and pay too much for scotch or rye, but I’m most comfortable in the blue collar joints which are in keeping with my roots. They’re generally good people in these places.

Yes, I’m having a Bud Light. Got to watch my girlish figure! ;)

I might drink 12 ounces of expensive water during today's IU game. Feeling much better and willing to risk it. Are you back to something around 75% or better?

Glad you're feeling better!

I'm good. Tried to go back to work but only made it half day on Tuesday but was back all the way on Wednesday.

Wife has it now. She seems to have it 10x worse then I did. I joked that maybe this time, it'll give back her smell and taste buds. She turned over and told me I was dumb.

With that statement alone, I know she'll be okay.

They’ve been very shrewd in partnering with Dana White and Shane Gillis. Both are beloved by bro culture.

Plus Bud Light is a commodity. It’d be like trying to boycott BP or Shell gasoline.

If you’re low on gas and it’s the first place you see, you’re gonna buy it any way.

Glad you're feeling better!

I'm good. Tried to go back to work but only made it half day on Tuesday but was back all the way on Wednesday.

Wife has it now. She seems to have it 10x worse then I did. I joked that maybe this time, it'll give back her smell and taste buds. She turned over and told me I was dumb.

With that statement alone, I know she'll be okay.
What do you have?? I’ve been sick for almost two weeks. Kids too. Started with pink eye then like full on flu. Fever. Aches. Awful

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13

I’m at my favorite wings joint which is close to the Y where I worked out earlier. Bud beers (Busch, Ultra, Bud, Bud Light) are the special this month. A guy in a MAGA hat and his buddy (interestingly, a black guy) just sat down at the bar and ordered Bud Lights. No hesitation.

Not for me. Of course my boycott started way before the Dylan Mulvany fiasco.

By the way, is DM even a thing any more?

Reactions: vesuvius13
It’s definitely a blue collar place. I might be filthy rich in comparison to my roots, but I prefer these kind of places. Don’t get me wrong, I occasionally go to white collar places and pay too much for scotch or rye, but I’m most comfortable in the blue collar joints which are in keeping with my roots. They’re generally good people in these places.

Yes, I’m having a Bud Light. Got to watch my girlish figure! ;)
Same. One of my favorite more recent country songs is Cody Jinks “Hippies and Cowboys”. There’s a a few lines that perfectly describe my favorite bars:

I like two dollar beers, I like three dollar wells
At some old honkytonk bar that I know by the smell
Some old drunk on a barstool on a Merle Haggard tune
That's my kind of room

Have never had a Bud Light in my life.

Did buy Robert the Bruce (Three Floyd’s) at Dorothy Lane Market a couple of days ago, so I got that going for me, which is nice . . .

Haven’t been able to find it recently.
I’ve carried Zombie Dust back to Colorado more than a few times. My stoker is not much beer drinker but she like that Bubblegum whatever it’s called.

I’ve carried Zombie Dust back to Colorado more than a few times. My stoker is not much beer drinker but she like that Bubblegum whatever it’s called.
I guess I’m glad you were able to get it. But a few years ago, when Zombie Dust was all the craze, I was told to avoid it, that it was panther piss. I tried it and couldn’t get past a couple of sips. I just can’t stand all these hoppy beers.

I guess I’m glad you were able to get it. But a few years ago, when Zombie Dust was all the craze, I was told to avoid it, that it was panther piss. I tried it and couldn’t get past a couple of sips. I just can’t stand all these hoppy beers.
I’m with you there. I hate IPAs.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
What do you have?? I’ve been sick for almost two weeks. Kids too. Started with pink eye then like full on flu. Fever. Aches. Awful
I just started projectile vomiting this morning. I feel like ass. I finally was able to keep down ibuprofen and feel slightly human now. It’s probably been 10 years since I felt this bad.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I just started projectile vomiting this morning. I feel like ass. I finally was able to keep down ibuprofen and feel slightly human now. It’s probably been 10 years since I felt this bad.
This will make you feel better. When you walk in the room and people are cheering, then you shake SAGE STEELES hand, then Candace Owens, then Dan Bongino you are in GREAT COMPANY!! Then the crowd starts chanting USA, USA, USA!!! Now do Joe Biden imagine that for one moment. LOL. See ya tomorrow I'll get banned for this. These are my peeps!

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

What are you even typing right now? Bud light sales are down 30% yoy thru Jan. Bud is trailing the S&P by double digits over the last year.

I’ll never willingly buy one again. I don’t need to.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I’m with you there. I hate IPAs.
On a hot day, after working up a sweat and sitting outside, a cold IPA is the best.

I seldom order an IPA when out unless I know the brand, not because I don’t enjoy a hoppy flavor, but because there is way too much variation in taste and quality. Amber ales seem to be more consistent.

It was always a matter of time. That said, I never have liked Bud Light. Miller Lite guy myself. Regarding the boycott, I think it did have an impact on companies who are thinking of doing similar campaigns like this in the future. All brands need to stick to marketing to their core and loyal group when that core represents a "significant portion" of their customer base. Since the Bud Light debacle and the entire Woke campaign, it seems to have died. Just like kneeling during the nat'l anthem. The only thing that remains with the NFL is the wording in the end zones which at some point will also end.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT