ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody got an upcoming flight on a Deamliner (787)?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I haven't flown in at least 10 yrs, and with my worsening cardiac concerns not sure I would even be able to if I wanted to...

But this report caught my eye because recently a few of the travel volgs I occasionally watch where someone films their trip going SFO to Manila or JFK to Dubai (just examples) have described how much they love flying on the new 787. Is it a coincidence that this newest "whistleblower" worked in quality control at the same Boeing facility in South Carolina as the guy who "killed himself" a few months back?

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
I haven't flown in at least 10 yrs, and with my worsening cardiac concerns not sure I would even be able to if I wanted to...

But this report caught my eye because recently a few of the travel volgs I occasionally watch where someone films their trip going SFO to Manila or JFK to Dubai (just examples) have described how much they love flying on the new 787. Is it a coincidence that this newest "whistleblower" worked in quality control at the same Boeing facility in South Carolina as the guy who "killed himself" a few months back?

The 787 is the best aircraft in the sky. At least from a passenger perspective.

I used to fly quite often for work and leisure, but I've only flown a few times since 9/11 (west coast trips too far to drive). At this point there is nowhere I need to be in such a big hurry that I can't drive there.

I fly quite often, both personally as well as commercial. I’m not sure that I’ve been on an 87 but I don’t think it’d bother me to.
Havinging said that, Boing need to get there shit together or they’ll soon be known as a “used to be in business”!

How many of these issues that making headlines from repairs/service workers compared to mfg issues from the plant? Honestly don't know, but a tire falling off and a brake repair issue sounds like a lack of good service workers. A door coming off in its' initial flight seems obvious who is culpable.

Reactions: BradStevens
How many of these issues that making headlines from repairs/service workers compared to mfg issues from the plant? Honestly don't know, but a tire falling off and a brake repair issue sounds like a lack of good service workers. A door coming off in its' initial flight seems obvious who is culpable.
Do you own a 787? How's it handle?

I fly quite often, both personally as well as commercial. I’m not sure that I’ve been on an 87 but I don’t think it’d bother me to.
Havinging said that, Boing need to get there shit together or they’ll soon be known as a “used to be in business”!
This crap is what you get when you give the big shots huge bonuses based on the price of the stock next year or the year after and not 10 years down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT