ADVERTISEMENT

IU Hoops

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
just saw the score scroll by. are these kids actually being paid? good grief. talk about pissing money away.

any of you on the water cooler should set the money you give to these kids aside for the Original Happy Goat Pub and Grill opening Spring 2025

just saw the score scroll by. are these kids actually being paid? good grief. talk about pissing money away.

any of you on the water cooler should set the money you give to these kids aside for the Original Happy Goat Pub and Grill opening Spring 2025
This is the first year I haven’t watched a single game. We cut the cord on everything except Netflix and YouTube.

Sounds like I picked a good year to do so.

This is the first year I haven’t watched a single game. We cut the cord on everything except Netflix and YouTube.

Sounds like I picked a good year to do so.
absurd if these kids are being paid. If someone has enough money to donate to these kids they should get a coke habit or a side piece or something actually fun. More importantly I need to have a family meeting. I just talked to my daughter and she said all she cares about is Netflix. That’s it. And all my minion’s shows are on Netflix too. Do you have youtubetv or are you saying no live tv?

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

Welp I have always booked my vacations around IU basketball. Until this year. I still looked at schedule, but no more. Getting out of here at tourney time so I don’t have to deal with it. First. No one in the Galapagos gives a flying f about basketball. I’ll find some more….

absurd if these kids are being paid. If someone has enough money to donate to these kids they should get a coke habit or a side piece or something actually fun. More importantly I need to have a family meeting. I just talked to my daughter and she said all she cares about is Netflix. That’s it. And all my minion’s shows are on Netflix too. Do you have youtubetv or are you saying no live tv?
I’d refute that it’s not as much a problem the kids being paid as it is the coach. It literally pains me to say that because I really thought he was the answer. Good guy, NBA connections, bringing back Cal and Jordy. But he ain’t it, sadly. The one thing he did was get Knight back and I’m forever grateful for that moment.

Welp I have always booked my vacations around IU basketball. Until this year. I still looked at schedule, but no more. Getting out of here at tourney time so I don’t have to deal with it. First. No one in the Galapagos gives a flying f about basketball. I’ll find some more….
it's neither interesting nor entertaining. gooooooooooooooooo. and sadly i feel that way about most sports at this point save a few big games

I’d refute that it’s not as much a problem the kids being paid as it is the coach. It literally pains me to say that because I really thought he was the answer. Good guy, NBA connections, bringing back Cal and Jordy. But he ain’t it, sadly. The one thing he did was get Knight back and I’m forever grateful for that moment.
watching college athletes with 500 records make six figures is about as unappealing as anything i can think of. i have zero interest in NIL college sports

I’ve heard the nba is on the uptick tho and great
The Pacers are usually entertaining. All Star game is in Indy, so taking my nephew to the Saturday night activities. Looking forward to it. That and the women’s games.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I will be brafe and state the unpopular opinion, we are not well coached.

I saw something on Instagram, it was a person asking why NBA teams run a weave out top when the weave never, ever creates a driving angle. The funny part, the video was of IU. We aren't doing it as much as that video implied, but why do it any? Is it just an effort to pad statistics on number of passes?

I fully realize coaches need to run what they believe in. But we aren't running an offense that, well, works. It really gets my goat that we won't incorporate more motion principles. I know few run pure motion, but most have it built in. We are running an offense that looks toe built for the 1980s Pistons. Even the NBA teams I watch today have far more fluidity.

Now maybe it is because we don't have anyone we can trust to shoot. That will hamper any scheme.

CBS Sports has a story up that the B10 and SEC have told the NCAA to change rules or they are out. So we are going to get kids eligible for more portals and paid directly from the university. I have been in favor of giving the kids more. But this goes too far. NBA players don't get to come out of college and go where they want and transfer as they wish each year. There would be zero competitive balance, the NBA knows that. All the pro leagues, that count, have salary caps too.

I hate to say it, watching the NBA has gained on college and will soon pass it. The days of spending the entire shot clock backing down a defender are gone. It isn't what we do either, but what we do is as boring.

I am having a kidney stone today so I reserve the right to revise when I can think.

They’re a low rent, confused university. Somehow infected with Big 10 academic progressivism that tells them prioritizing athletic success is toxic. Yet not even an impressive academic institution.

We’d be well served to follow the Georgia/ Alabama model. Invest heavily in our flagship sport, leave morals at the door. Build and maintain an excellent B school that will serve as a donor base. Eschew the West campus freaks that are tarnishing our name.

NBA players don't get to come out of college and go where they want and transfer as they wish each year. There would be zero competitive balance, the NBA knows that. All the pro leagues, that count, have salary caps too.

All the rules and restrictions on NBA players are agreed to by the players' union. Maybe we should think about having college players join a union and have the terms and conditions agreed to, rather than the players acting in a totally individual fashion.

I will be brafe and state the unpopular opinion, we are not well coached.

I saw something on Instagram, it was a person asking why NBA teams run a weave out top when the weave never, ever creates a driving angle. The funny part, the video was of IU. We aren't doing it as much as that video implied, but why do it any? Is it just an effort to pad statistics on number of passes?

I fully realize coaches need to run what they believe in. But we aren't running an offense that, well, works. It really gets my goat that we won't incorporate more motion principles. I know few run pure motion, but most have it built in. We are running an offense that looks toe built for the 1980s Pistons. Even the NBA teams I watch today have far more fluidity.

Now maybe it is because we don't have anyone we can trust to shoot. That will hamper any scheme.

CBS Sports has a story up that the B10 and SEC have told the NCAA to change rules or they are out. So we are going to get kids eligible for more portals and paid directly from the university. I have been in favor of giving the kids more. But this goes too far. NBA players don't get to come out of college and go where they want and transfer as they wish each year. There would be zero competitive balance, the NBA knows that. All the pro leagues, that count, have salary caps too.

I hate to say it, watching the NBA has gained on college and will soon pass it. The days of spending the entire shot clock backing down a defender are gone. It isn't what we do either, but what we do is as boring.

I am having a kidney stone today so I reserve the right to revise when I can think.
Too much money spent on the program to be average. Time to fire the coach. Why wait. I know DANC was traveling and didn’t say where. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s in boca meeting with the FAU guy

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Too much money spent on the program to be average. Time to fire the coach. Why wait. I know DANC was traveling and didn’t say where. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s in boca meeting with the FAU guy
I have an in to the FAU guy, someone that really knows the parents quite well. They might be wrong but have said May loves the lower stress of FAU and is not interested in the "you lost one game and need fired" world. Of course before money is offered, people often change for money.

But if that is May's real belief, I love it. I wish more people prioritized happiness over money.

I have an in to the FAU guy, someone that really knows the parents quite well. They might be wrong but have said May loves the lower stress of FAU and is not interested in the "you lost one game and need fired" world. Of course before money is offered, people often change for money.

But if that is May's real belief, I love it. I wish more people prioritized happiness over money.
Co-sign. Can’t blame him a bit. My old gf played tennis for FAU. Never left boca

Who gives a flying **** about Dusty May? Some tournament darling who’s done a good job in his bullshit conference? They are a dime a dozen. Grow up.

Why do we keep going back to the well with this IU bloodline? It’s god damn dumb.

Chris Beard is available. If we are serious about winning we will approach him and he will accept.

If we don’t, we are not a serious basketball program.

And Beard even has some IU tangential relation for those of you weird freaks out here. Do we want to win or not? I’m sick of this moral high ground that IUBB has built on bullshit.

At some point it's just measuring dicks. If you're making $5M and you get a new job paying $8M, how much does your life change?

I'm sure he's very well compensated, but the perfect example is Mark Few.

At some point it's just measuring dicks. If you're making $5M and you get a new job paying $8M, how much does your life change?
That’s a straight up evil point of view. Collectivists, Marxists and communists across the world have always sought to find the point at which more wealth and income doesn’t equate to more happiness or quality of life.

You're a sick freak.

That point doesn’t exist because all people are different. Yet you assume to know that point?

What exactly is wrong with you? Why are you so hell bent on obstructing and mocking other people’s accumulation of wealth.

A disgusting, jealous piece of shit.

Last edited:
My wife has to ask me if IU won or lost after a game. She used to be able to tell based on my cheering or cussing. Now I just sit and watch.
same for me......except for the watching part

Screenshots-2024-01-20-09-51-53.png

That’s a straight up evil point of view. Collectivists, Marxists and communists across the world have always sought find the point at which more wealth and income doesn’t equate to more happiness or quality of life.

You're a sick freak.

That point doesn’t exist because all people are different. Yet you assume to know that point?

What exactly is wrong with you? Why are you so hell bent on obstructing and mocking other people’s accumulation of wealth.

I'm leaving this up and not banning since it's aimed at me. Reply like this to anyone else and that's it for you.

I'm leaving this up and not banning since it's aimed at me. Reply like this to anyone else and that's it for you.
Wgaf about being banished on a message board? You want to degrade and confiscate other people’s exorbitant (exorbitant by your definition of course) wealth because why?

Answer the question. What the hell is your malfunction that you’re so keen on confiscating dollars that other people work and earn. What exactly is wrong with you? You celebrate it. You post constantly about it. You start threads about it.

You realize you’re essentially a slave master with the way you view the world? Scumbag.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Wgaf about being banished on a message board? You want to degrade and confiscate other people’s exorbitant (exorbitant by your definition of course) wealth because why?

Answer the question. What the hell is your malfunction that you’re so keen on confiscating dollars that other people work and earn. What exactly is wrong with you? You celebrate it. You post constantly about it. You start threads about it.

You realize you’re essentially a slave master with the way you view the world? Scumbag.

Buh bye

That’s a straight up evil point of view. Collectivists, Marxists and communists across the world have always sought to find the point at which more wealth and income doesn’t equate to more happiness or quality of life.

You're a sick freak.

I would hate to be as angry as you are every minute of every day. Do you ever actually respond to anyone in a decent manner without name calling? It’s sad, really and my guess is that you were raised better than that. Wouldn’t be surprised if you have anger issues IRL too.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Woodson is going to be the coach net year. There’s no way around that fact, unless they literally don’t win another game this year. Even then, Woodson will be coaching IU next year.

NIL is giving people the idea that these players are now pros and need to be held accountable in the same way. Can’t say we are quite there, but I get it. Maybe that is the next take. The idea of a players union is very interesting, and we are surely going to end up there at some point. But for now, we are in the Wild West of NIL college sports, with no hint of a salary cap on the horizon.

The NBA is getting much better. Or, its always been great. It has its problems, but it is still the highest quality basketball played by the highest quality basketball players. It’s the EPL of hoops. Strange that so many hoosiers don’t recognize this. Also, the Pacers are now fantastic. Still a work in progress, and Haliburton is the best pacer since Reggie, full stop. He is an incredible player who is consistently clutch, and he also has a real joy for the game. Hes a generational talent that the Pacers are lucky to have.

Back to the Hoosiers, it’s my personal belief that the current Hoosier players are far too soft. Yes, some real talent is there, but the backcourt is not equal to the front court. I think the issue is mostly players, not coaches.

Back to the Hoosiers, it’s my personal belief that the current Hoosier players are far too soft. Yes, some real talent is there, but the backcourt is not equal to the front court. I think the issue is mostly players, not coaches.

Disagree. I think the players are plenty "tough." They just haven't been coached to have the discipline they need and haven't been given a system that works in today's game. They're executing what they've been told, it just doesn't work. They may be getting paid lots of money, but nothing close to the coaches. It's the coaches who aren't doing the job.

Meh, one season does not make or break a coach. Not saying Woody is the savior or anything, just that you really can't judge a coach by a few seasons. It just doesn't work like that. For every good coach that had instant success there's 3 more that took time.

He made a huge mistake last March, first by not playing X and using his eligibility up and secondly by not getting at least one wing player that could produce.

Keeping X ensured we would not get a quality portal guard and that combined with not getting a portal wing has killed any chance of having a great backcourt. His injury, Trey's shooting woes, CJ's lack of development compounded that issue. And then adding Walker and Sparks didn't help us one bit. Add Woodson;s play everyone philosophy it's even worse. If only we had a bench player or two we could have overcome the lack of guards. but we have the worst bench in basketball basically ..

I posted this stat before .. Evan Miya

Go to the last chart and look at the 3rd most efficient five man lineup in the nation. 3rd most efficient lineup nationally is our normal starting five. Now think of all the games that unit built leads or erased deficits only to lose them when bench players come in.

What's that tell you? It's tells me that if he has the right kids in that get it, it works. It also tells me how much the bench sucks, which can be verified using other stats and that his rotations beyond the top 5 aren't working. Stats verify the eye test .. eye test verifies the stats.

Two weeks ago, I don't know the current.. adding Sparks instead of Ware dropped it 350 spots, adding Walker dropped it 65. CJ and Banks are in between. Every minute those guys have played is giving away points .. when they are out there together without starters they are without doubt one of the worst teams in basketball ..

Last edited:
Disagree. I think the players are plenty "tough." They just haven't been coached to have the discipline they need and haven't been given a system that works in today's game. They're executing what they've been told, it just doesn't work. They may be getting paid lots of money, but nothing close to the coaches. It's the coaches who aren't doing the job.
Wrong ... read my above post and get you some unbiased butt hurt free data based insight.

Last edited:
Wrong ... read my above post and get you some unbiased butt hurt free data based insight.
Would you at least acknowledge his insistence on playing the bench as much as he has is on him? And that his roster construction has been bad?

I'll defer to your X and O knowledge, but at some point Woodson has to be held ultimately responsible.

Reactions: Morrison
Meh, one season does not make or break a coach. Not saying Woody is the savior or anything, just that you really can't judge a coach by a few seasons. It just doesn't work like that. For every good coach that had instant success there's 3 more that took time.

He made a huge mistake last March, first by not playing X and using his eligibility up and secondly by not getting at least one wing player that could produce.

Keeping X ensured we would not get a quality portal guard and that combined with not getting a portal wing has killed any chance of having a great backcourt. His injury, Trey's shooting woes, CJ's lack of development compounded that issue. And then adding Walker and Sparks didn't help us one bit. Add Woodson;s play everyone philosophy it's even worse. If only we had a bench player or two we could have overcome the lack of guards. but we have the worst bench in basketball basically ..

I posted this stat before .. Evan Miya

Go to the last chart and look at the 3rd most efficient five man lineup in the nation. 3rd most efficient lineup nationally is our normal starting five. Now think of all the games that unit built leads or erased deficits only to lose them when bench players come in.

What's that tell you? It's tells me that if he has the right kids in that get it, it works. It also tells me how much the bench sucks, which can be verified using other stats and that his rotations beyond the top 5 aren't working. Stats verify the eye test .. eye test verifies the stats.

Two weeks ago, I don't know the current.. adding Sparks instead of Ware dropped it 350 spots, adding Walker dropped it 65. CJ and Banks are in between. Every minute those guys have played is giving away points .. when they are out there together without starters they are without doubt one of the worst teams in basketball ..
Isn’t it the job of the coach to know how to substitute? The wholesale substitution has hurt us again and again. Walker has given us some good minutes, but other times nothing. I don’t know what has happened to Banks ) not sure if he played today, but he’s fallen off the radar. It’s the coaching staff’s job to develop players. We havent seen any progress from Banks and CJ,, not much from Trey . I’m not basing things just on this year. Yes, we made the tourney with early outs the two previous years. I could make the tourney with JHS and Trayce. Both the offense and defense have been awful way too often this year. We have a dominant inside with 3 five stars, yet we are outrebounded often. Our fundamentals are poor and have been for the most part all three years. I’m under no illusion that Woody will go after this year, but I also have zero expectations things will get better next year .

Reactions: IUCrazy2
Isn’t it the job of the coach to know how to substitute? The wholesale substitution has hurt us again and again. Walker has given us some good minutes, but other times nothing. I don’t know what has happened to Banks ) not sure if he played today, but he’s fallen off the radar. It’s the coaching staff’s job to develop players. We havent seen any progress from Banks and CJ,, not much from Trey . I’m not basing things just on this year. Yes, we made the tourney with early outs the two previous years. I could make the tourney with JHS and Trayce. Both the offense and defense have been awful way too often this year. We have a dominant inside with 3 five stars, yet we are outrebounded often. Our fundamentals are poor and have been for the most part all three years. I’m under no illusion that Woody will go after this year, but I also have zero expectations things will get better next year .
Guys... I'm not defending him or anything like that. I already pointed out the lineups suck .. of course he's the one putting them out there. I'm just drilling a bit deeper into the flaws. His lineups being one of the issues, the bench the other, the roster the other,, I'm just using something other than emotional butthurt coach hate after a horrible loss..

I hate the lets get a new coach conversation/argument, it's as boring and tired as Trump, and generally fueled by pure emotion combined with ignorance. I quit playing that stupid game after Crean. It along with football, do you want to see my MMO toon, cars, beer, what I did at work, and Trump .. are on the list of the most tired boring ass conversations in existence.

He needs to adjust, if he doesn't he gets fired. I don't really care either way I have no choice in the matter... I only watch because it says Indiana on the uniform.

Last edited:
Would you at least acknowledge his insistence on playing the bench as much as he has is on him? And that his roster construction has been bad?

I'll defer to your X and O knowledge, but at some point Woodson has to be held ultimately responsible.
Of course. fwiw - I never implied differently.

He's the coach, all fault eventually lands on the leader's desk. That's his job. Plus those lineups suck balls, everyone sees it. the data backs it up but he keeps rolling them out there.

Yes, those lineups are what kills us with the already noted deficiency in guard and bench play. It's not his offense, or defense, or x and o's or motivation. That's just people looking to blame him for something without knowing what.

I keep saying this but he needs an numbers analyst on the staff. It's obvious he isn't using one which is odd for an NBA coach. Though not a magic wand +5, it's just foolish in this day and age to not use one.

same for me......except for the watching part

Screenshots-2024-01-20-09-51-53.png
It's a five out set. You can tell because there's five players out. Derp...

There's like 10,000 different options after that. Ryan is apparently a moron and Jesse is an asshole..

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT