ADVERTISEMENT

It’s year 4.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
It’s pretty safe to say that this isn’t going to work. Crean had a top 20 team by year 4 and started with worse. And Crean isn’t a very good Head Coach.

Reactions: Myhurricane
Geeze. NW pretty much handled Michigan state. Get used to games like this in the B1G. Let it play out before you go into meltdown mode.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I’d take Chris Collins as coach in a heartbeat
This IU program is dismal joke. Awful

It’s pretty safe to say that this isn’t going to work. Crean had a top 20 team by year 4 and started with worse. And Crean isn’t a very good Head Coach.
Crean had a top 20 team for 1 reason: Cody Zeller. Having said that, looking more and more like the writing is on the wall . . .

. . it could be worse, though - we could be Kentucky.

Crean had a top 20 team for 1 reason: Cody Zeller. Having said that, looking more and more like the writing is on the wall . . .

Vic might have been a reason. Hell Jordy was a reason. Watford was a reason. Other than TJD all 4 of those guys would easily be the best player on this team (and Vic and Cody were obviously better).

Yeah, but, Cal can just buy a new team for next year . . .

I'm going to say it a lot this year: next year's team will be worse unless Jackson-Davis returns.

looking more and more like the writing is on the wall . . .

The writing has been on the wall for a long time. But a lot of people have been steadfastly unwilling to see it, or recognize it, or be fully honest with themselves about what exactly it says.

If you gave me the option of having their last decade and our last decade, even including the debacle they currently have going on down there, it would be an easy choice. I wish we were only dealing with one early season train wreck.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time. But a lot of people have been steadfastly unwilling to see it, or recognize it, or be fully honest with themselves about what exactly it says.

If you gave me the option of having their last decade and our last decade, even including the debacle they currently have going on down there, it would be an easy choice. I wish we were only dealing with one early season train wreck.
It’s been evident for some time that there wasn’t a winning culture, but some just couldn’t or wouldn’t see it. As for UK, their situation this year is very much the exception, not the rule. Our situation can rightly be viewed in an opposite light.

Reactions: Hoosierific
The end of Archie will be his terrible recruiting. Losing the best 2 players this year to the Pukes is unacceptable.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
Archie is not the coach we need. Compare Tom Allen to Miller and it becomes very apparent why one is successful and one isn't. We have forgotten what a good coach looks like on the basketball court. I believe Allen could coach basketball more successfully than Miller. Not because his X's and O's but because of the mental toughness and attitude he instills in his team. The guy is just a flat out winner and he'd be successful at whatever he does! I was excited about Archie when we hired him and then I observed how he did and did not do things and I now believe he needs replaced. There is another Tom Allen out there for our basketball team, but IU has to know what to look for and find him. The plus side is they have a good example in their football coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT