ADVERTISEMENT

Beard, Oats, McDermott

Lol. Put down the Crack pipe.
Really Billy Donovan might be fired after the season. Jay Wright is not coaching. Bruce Pearl wants the job loves Indiana. Jamie Dixion is a great coach and would leave TCU for Indiana. I still think Dusty May stays and waits for IU. The only longshot is Mark Few.

I think May might wait for Indiana job. But you will still have in no typical order.

Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, Mark Few, Scott Drew, Jamie Dixion, Bruce Pearl, Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes, Thad Matta, Steve Alford, Tony Bennett.

I count, six names who would never come here, one who would never be asked, three who would be uninspiring, and one who I'd rather shoot myself in the face before seeing here. I'll let you sort them out.

Really Billy Donovan might be fired after the season. Jay Wright is not coaching. Bruce Pearl wants the job loves Indiana. Jamie Dixion is a great coach and would leave TCU for Indiana. I still think Dusty May stays and waits for IU. The only longshot is Mark Few.
Billy Donovan is rich. If he wanted to coach in college he'd be coaching in college. If Jay Wright wanted to coach, he'd still be at Villanova.

Bruce Pearl wants things we can't give him. Jamie Dixon's results would get him fired here and he knows it. Mark Few already said no. Tony Bennett still has a sister.

You are delusional.

Any desirable coach looking at the situation has to see that IU is a shell of its former self coached by an empty suit. Who would want that? Exactly the kind of coach that IU would never hire....a Bruce Pearl. Might as well add irony to mediocrity and nostalgia. Pearl isn't my first choice...but I would take him in a heartbeat because, if nothing else...IU would fight and claw its way into the NCAA tournament with a roster that looks like IU's this off season.
Beard is humbled (he blew it at his dream job, Texas) and hungry. I'd have to look him in the eye, but man I'd be over the moon to have him.

Last edited:
Reactions: sellsoap
Billy Donovan is rich. If he wanted to coach in college he'd be coaching in college. If Jay Wright wanted to coach, he'd still be at Villanova.

Bruce Pearl wants things we can't give him. Jamie Dixon's results would get him fired here and he knows it. Mark Few already said no. Tony Bennett still has a sister.

You are delusional.
Well I guess nobody is coming here. Thank god for Mike Woodson.

Beard has tough background for a school to stomach, and I hear he’s got more skeletons in his closet that adds even more risk. He’s unhirable for a lot of schools, including IU.

Not sure two coaches signing extensions indicates much for our search whenever it happens. Bigger issue for IU is the group of people making decisions on IUBB. No idea who they may target and what they may pitch/offer to those candidates. It may be disappointing.
beard would concern me, as if there's more than anything other than light smoke lingering from that one incident, could be our Billy Clyde and if we're taking that kind of risk, hell Huggy Bear, hof coach, hot head, same thing. Marshall same thing

Reactions: Vern Pain
Donovan had a nice run at OKC. And 2 of his best players on the Bulls have been injured. He might get fired, but he would get another NBA job quickly. Jay Wright has said very recently that he is done coaching. Neither of these guys are coming to this shit show.
How do you know Pearl or Dixon would leave for IU?

Donovan had a nice run at OKC. And 2 of his best players on the Bulls have been injured. He might get fired, but he would get another NBA job quickly. Jay Wright has said very recently that he is done coaching. Neither of these guys are coming to this shit show.
Wright may have stopped coaching but how many times has Tom Brady retired?

Barnes is 69 years old.

Few spent his entire career out west.

Are people GENUINELY this dumb?

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
Dusty just lost to 5-13 Temple. I’m not going to lose sleep if he ends up at OSU. They’ve had a LOT of head scratchers this season.
isu guy, it has to be, meant to be. he'd have it rocking in 3 years guaranteed almost. it wouldn't be the first time a former isu coach did quite well, you know?

Beard would take the IU job, and we should hire him. He’s young, smart, and knows how to recruit and coach. What a concept. Mac n Cheese would certainly go nuts… another plus.

Mick Cronin’s another guy I’d welcome. He’s forgotten more about coaching in college than Woody will ever learn. Cincy roots, bull dog mindset.

Donavon isn’t going anywhere other than to his new home in FL after his Bulls gig is done. Dude’s made huge money in the NBA, and he’s ready to chill and be a talking head for ESPN, TBS, Fox, etc. (BTW… his house is 10 mins from me and spectacular; across the road from Steve Spurrier and Bob Stoops’s homes). He’s got his next steps ready to roll, and it doesn’t include IU.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Jamie Dixon is a TCU alum. He ain’t going anywhere.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Hes also almost 59.
And Pearl is 64 so. We don't need to build a program we gave NIL and Woodson at 66 is buying players I'm sure any good coach could easily do what Woodson is doing. So having a young coach really don't matter it dont take 4 years to build programs anymore.

Reactions: Indymoon
I don't know if any but there all viable candidates. Donovan has had interest before and if the Bulls miss playoffs he might be done maybe he gets another nba job maybe Indiana offers him 8 million a year to coach who knows? Bruce Pearl loves Indiana plus his son is coach in waiting at Auburn been there for 10 years. Jay Wright longshot Jamie Dixion is getting interest from Michigan so if he entertains them Indiana is a way better job.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank Reardon
Anyone talk to Brad lately?

Sorry. Can’t help it.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for the unfortunate reality that, when the position becomes open again, it’s not going to appear to be as appealing as we all have convinced ourselves it is over all these years. The program is a mess, the fan based is pissed off, the brand had 25 yrs of rust on it, and there’s a lot of cleaning to do. Fixing IU basketball has to be viewed as the deep end of the pool in the coaching fraternity. It is going to take a strong soul to get this back on track, and within the timeframe that us non- “true “ fans expect.
Any coach is possible…. If the bank account is large enough.

Just depends if we want to add another Trillion the the defecit.

Since the rest of the world is all talking about this A.I. or ChatGPT…. Why not just let Woody go and then setup a laptop with a camera at the end of the scorers table to watch the game, and have it tell the assistant coaches what to say to the players during timeouts.

Save the school millions of dollars and probably do better than anyone we would be thinking of hiring.

That’s sarcasm folks…. For the ones that think I’m serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT