ADVERTISEMENT

Is Donald Trump our legitimate President?

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
His personal lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani, essentially admitted that people within the Trump Campaign colluded with Russia (although he's still hanging on to the fact that Trump wasn't involved, which is laughable). If Trump's Campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power to influence our election, how can Donald Trump, whether he directly was involved or not be seen as the legitimate President of the United States?

It seems blatantly obvious to me that if there was collusion that he isn't. I'm amazed that people aren't making a bigger deal of this. He is a Manchurian Candidate and he's squatting in the White House causing great (and untold) damage to our country.

He HAS to be impeached. It's unheard of in the history of our country and it's disgusting.

I still don’t understand how the FBI didn’t think we had the right to know that they thought he might be a Russian asset BEFORE the election? While Trump was making hay over Hillary’s emails and the investigation into it, he was being investigated for so much more serious charges. And now it’s likely Mueller has the goods, and has had them for quite a long time. And yet Trump continues to go his merry way appointing judges, undoing treaties, putting out executive orders, and harming the country and its reputation in ways that will take decades to overcome. I know it’s not feasible, but every single thing he has done and every single appointment he has made should be null and void. And he belongs behind bars. And most of us knew this two years ago.

The campaign is admitting collusion with a hostile foreign power to affect election. They succeeded in their goal. Now, as a nation we have to be gentlemen and wait out whomever Russia installed? That’s absurd.

We watch while Trump burns down all our alliances for a handful of Russian oligarchs.

It is absolutely insane.

His personal lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani, essentially admitted that people within the Trump Campaign colluded with Russia (although he's still hanging on to the fact that Trump wasn't involved, which is laughable). If Trump's Campaign colluded with a hostile foreign power to influence our election, how can Donald Trump, whether he directly was involved or not be seen as the legitimate President of the United States?

It seems blatantly obvious to me that if there was collusion that he isn't. I'm amazed that people aren't making a bigger deal of this. He is a Manchurian Candidate and he's squatting in the White House causing great (and untold) damage to our country.

He HAS to be impeached. It's unheard of in the history of our country and it's disgusting.

It doesn’t matter if he colluded with Russia or not as far as his presidency and the affects of it are concerned. Enough idiots in the right places saw fit to elect him. And enough dumbasses thought they were really gonna show us all something by wasting their vote on Johnson or Stein. There is nothing in our constitution for a “do over”. Every judge he nominated that got confirmed and every bill he signed into law will still stand. We don’t get to go back and undo every dumbass comment and every dumbass decision he’s made in office. Great work America!

Reactions: sglowrider
Every judge he nominated that got confirmed and every bill he signed into law will still stand. We don’t get to go back and undo every dumbass comment and every dumbass decision he’s made in office. Great work America!
Keep in mind that the Senate and House colluded with the colluder to confirm those nominees and pass those laws. And the voters put those people into power. There's plenty of blame to go around, and it starts with us.

do you think foreign countries haven't weighed in on our elections before?

regardless, the internet isn't going away, or money, so get used to it.

no telling who all will be "influencing" all they can in 2020.

No idea, but has a US Presidential campaign ever conspired with a hostile foreign power in order to win the election? I would guess most candidates for president are patriotic and have American values. They're not conspiring with our biggest geopolitical enemy.

How anyone can normalize this is disgusting.

do you think foreign countries haven't weighed in on our elections before?

regardless, the internet isn't going away, or money, so get used to it.

no telling who all will be "influencing" all they can in 2020.

No idea, but has a US Presidential campaign ever conspired with a hostile foreign power in order to win the election? I would guess most candidates for president are patriotic and have American values. They're not conspiring with our biggest geopolitical enemy.

I wish we could jump forward 10-15 years -- with Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity still on every night asking how the President managed to deceive the people, how the Russians were so able to disguise their actions and how white Americans are being persecuted for their skin colour. (I mean, obviously, not everything will change.)

Weaponised stupidity. That's all it is.

Reactions: DrHoops
I wish we could jump forward 10-15 years -- with Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity still on every night asking how the President managed to deceive the people, how the Russians were so able to disguise their actions and how white Americans are being persecuted for their skin colour. (I mean, obviously, not everything will change.)

Weaponised stupidity. That's all it is.

One thing is for sure, it’ll be everyone’s fault except for republicans.

if you don't think other countries try to influence our elections, then that's very naive.

or that we don't try to influence others.

as for normalizing it, i'll let you define what you consider normalizing.

i'l just saying it has gone on, and will go on to a greater degree in the future.

like i said, money isn't going away as a campaign influencer, and neither is the internet, and other countries have and will use both to influence all they can.

and why that much more concern over other countries, than influence from moneyed interests who don't have the best interests of the US citizenry at heart.

Russia isn't why healthcare is bankrupting the country, or why your cable/internet bill is $170 mo instead of $50, or why manufacturing and service jobs were green lighted to go offshore.

trying to fix all the the attention on Russia, is just going, "hey, look over there, not over there" when looking for the forces trying to influence elections for their best interests, not the citizenry's.

your senators and congressmen are being bought off as we speak. where's the outrage or reporting about that.

Reactions: sglowrider
if you don't think other countries try to influence our elections, then that's very naive.

or that we don't try to influence others.

as for normalizing it, i'll let you define what you consider normalizing.

i'l just saying it has gone on, and will go on to a greater degree in the future.

like i said, money isn't going away as a campaign influencer, and neither is the internet, and other countries have and will use both to influence all they can.

and why that much more concern over other countries, than influence from moneyed interests who don't have the best interests of the US citizenry at heart.

Russia isn't why healthcare is bankrupting the country, or why your cable/internet bill is $170 mo instead of $50, or why manufacturing and service jobs were green lighted to go offshore.

trying to fix all the the attention on Russia, is just going, "hey, look over there, not over there" when looking for the forces trying to influence elections for their best interests, not the citizenry's.

your senators and congressmen are being bought off as we speak. where's the outrage or reporting about that.

If you are using such a broad definition of 'influence' then you are correct. Its kinetic versus passive influence. But thats the case everywhere around the world particularly the passive sorts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT