ADVERTISEMENT

Home ownership

And all of those films were good. Not sure if Oscar picture winning good, but good--well shot, interesting subjects, some packed an emotional punch.
They were. I’d guess at least several will be talked about still in decades.

Reactions: BradStevens
I'm talking about the Brown County Country Club off of Helmsburg Road. Owned by Dick Shively and his wife. They had a shitty golf course and a nice little bar and restaurant and had a great chef who put out really good food. This was in the late 90s when I worked there. (Got married in 2000.) Last I heard they'd turned it into a ghey Frisbee course.

Yep played that golf course as a kid. Was pretty terrible. Was more suited to a ski hill than a golf course.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
  • Haha
"Despite what prestigious media outlets say, the housing affordability crisis is unequivocally the product of Wall Street’s, with a special shout out to Blackrock and Vanguard, voracious greed."

o-brother-that-dont-make-no-sense.gif

Reading conspiracy theory publications that don’t even understand the difference between Blackstone and Blackrock is a ordeal problem for you.

I'm talking about the Brown County Country Club off of Helmsburg Road. Owned by Dick Shively and his wife. They had a shitty golf course and a nice little bar and restaurant and had a great chef who put out really good food. This was in the late 90s when I worked there. (Got married in 2000.) Last I heard they'd turned it into a ghey Frisbee course.

Paging @larsIU … your ghey frisbee course is ready

o-brother-that-dont-make-no-sense.gif

Reading conspiracy theory publications that don’t even understand the difference between Blackstone and Blackrock is a ordeal problem for you.
And pumping capital into the market isn’t the same as buying single family homes. I tell my co worker to shut the f-up about conspiracy theories.

Paging @larsIU … your ghey frisbee course is ready
Well look who didn’t bottom read the thread. Do you really believe I would just let Marks initial ghey disc golf comment go untouched?

I do need to get down there and play it. I’m less than 90 mins away. But I’m also lazy.

• Haha
And pumping capital into the market isn’t the same as buying single family homes. I tell my co worker to shut the f-up about conspiracy theories.

It’s not their capital. They are, for the vast majority of products, passive investors (track indices, not actively picking winners and losers).

I think that’s hollywood woke stuff. You and I have similar tv/book interests and I really didn’t think it was that good. Totally creative and novel but got boring fast. It would have been a great 30 minute skit
Bunch of nominations at the Golden Globes because of the need to be woke, but the only award it won was some bs award they made up for cinematic achievement, probably so the feminazis won’t cry for being blanked by a movie about a “great man”…

Yep played that golf course as a kid. Was pretty terrible. Was more suited to a ski hill than a golf course.
You ever play forest park visiting your Stl friends? One of the most fun courses ever before they changed it. Hot chicks jogging by at every turn. But the one hole was in front of art hill which is literally a sled hill. I told the little kid with his dad behind our group that if I don’t crush this drive I’m going to walk home from here and give him my bag and all of my clubs. I immediately sliced it into the water. I calmly unloaded my bag. Loaded it onto their cart and started walking home. I was all the way to the lake and when I looked back my friends were still laying on their backs laughing. I’ve never really returned from that

• Love
You ever play forest park visiting your Stl friends? One of the most fun courses ever before they changed it. Hot chicks jogging by at every turn. But the one hole was in front of art hill which is literally a sled hill. I told the little kid with his dad behind our group that if I don’t crush this drive I’m going to walk home from here and give him my bag and all of my clubs. I immediately sliced it into the water. I calmly unloaded my bag. Loaded it onto their cart and started walking home. I was all the way to the lake and when I looked back my friends were still laying on their backs laughing. I’ve never really returned from that
There's a Forest Park golf course up in Noblesville, IN. Used to play it all the time as a kid. 9 holer. Until the mid to late 90's it had no irrigation at all. They'd only water teh greens.

But it was (allegedly) one of the first courses in Indiana. Built in the late teens or early 1920's.

• Love
There's a Forest Park golf course up in Noblesville, IN. Used to play it all the time as a kid. 9 holer. Until the mid to late 90's it had no irrigation at all. They'd only water teh greens.

But it was (allegedly) one of the first courses in Indiana. Built in the late teens or early 1920's.

We've got one in Fort Wayne as well.

It's 18 holes. Growing up, would play there somewhat frequently but since moving away haven't played there in years. Wasn't anything special then and would imagine nothing has changed since.

Reactions: larsIU
Wife and I have around $500k in Vanguard index funds. Yes.
The issue is the FED/governments and their control over money. Blackrock and everyone else are just diversifying and investing in harder assets that will hopefully outperform inflation. Land is scarce and a good investment, especially when the currency is being inflated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
I still think they made it.
To the bottom? Yes, they 100% made it to the bottom.

However, it's a testament to how low our film making has sunk, that it's up for so many awards. Look at the films that won best picture even as recently as the 90's. All classics. No one is going to remember "Everything Everywhere All at Once" or "CODA" or "Nomadland" or "Parasite" two decades from now.
No one is going to remember anything like we remember shit from the 80's/90's. Back then there were maybe 50 cable channels and no streaming. There's just too much shit content out there for anything to really enter the cultural zeitgeist they way Schindler's List or SOTL did. It was a shared experience b/c folks had to go to an actual movie theater to see the movie (or wait upwards of a whole year for it to come out on video). Now, 80% of movies aren't even in theaters (probably more like 90%) and even the ones that are, are on a streaming service in like 2 months.

No one is going to remember anything like we remember shit from the 80's/90's. Back then there were maybe 50 cable channels and no streaming. There's just too much shit content out there for anything to really enter the cultural zeitgeist they way Schindler's List or SOTL did. It was a shared experience b/c folks had to go to an actual movie theater to see the movie (or wait upwards of a whole year for it to come out on video). Now, 80% of movies aren't even in theaters (probably more like 90%) and even the ones that are, are on a streaming service in like 2 months.
Found that out the hard way. My daughter was ordering movies. $20 hunger games etc. unreal

Watched a couple mins of Barbie last night on HBO after the dog woke me up to go outside at 3am.

Came in during a very "Legally Blonde" first day of law school type moment where Barbie comes upon some HS girl she was looking for (for some reason) at school lunch, and is immediately labeled a "fascist" (funny throwaway line about owning the railroads or something by Barbie here, gotta admit). :D

Gosling's Ken was trying to find gigs (I guess), but had no skills other than being a dude?

Fell back asleep after 5 mins.

I'll probably watch the whole thing eventually simply because I thought the railroad ownership line was funny.

This is one of the saddest changes in society of my lifetime. I hate it.

This is one of the saddest changes in society of my lifetime. I hate it.
I saw Pulp Fiction and Dazed and Confused like 4-5 times each in a theater at IU.

I remember the opening scene of The Matrix and the gasp in the theater when Trinity hangs in the air and then beats the shit out of the cops.

Now everybody is doing that in their homes. Tis sad.

• Love
I saw Pulp Fiction and Dazed and Confused like 4-5 times each in a theater at IU.

I remember the opening scene of The Matrix and the gasp in the theater when Trinity hangs in the air and then beats the shit out of the cops.

Theaters are much better now too. Booze. Comfy chairs

The last, great movie watching experience I had was Avengers: End Game. It was like a sporting event--not an empty seat in the theater, people clapping and cheering at the big scenes and inspiring lines. A culmination of 20 or so films storylines and lifetimes of pent up comic book fanboy anticipation.

Then, Marvel shit the bed and it's been awful ever since (outside of Spiderman because it is almost impossible to mess him up unless you pull a Sam Raimi Spiderman 3 level of stupidity).

• Love
I prefer stadium seating or even the old style theaters to the recliners.
oh we should watch
Seen it.
How about
Seen it.

I’m thinking this little bitch is with me nearly all the time and EVERY fri day Saturday and Sunday. When is she going to movies

When are you going to the theatre to see these movies?
I’m not. They’re just all on tv now

Fing hell

oh we should watch
Seen it.
How about
Seen it.

I’m thinking this little bitch is with me nearly all the time and EVERY fri day Saturday and Sunday. When is she going to movies

When are you going to the theatre to see these movies?
I’m not. They’re just all on tv now

Fing hell
With you, brotha.

And I'll say, disappointedly, "I wanted to watch that with you." And the daughter says "Ok, gotta go. So-and-so is picking me up."

keanu reeves artists on tumblr GIF by gifnews

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT