ADVERTISEMENT

Home ownership

You really do not understand interest rates, supply and demand, impact of boomers, individual investors, Airbnb, VRBO, and a host of other things impacting housing prices. You are becoming a one trick pony with your BDS.
You really have blinders on. Or a memory problem. We should all have BDS. Fortunately given his approval rating most do. Anyone with kids should be actively campaigning for Biden’s removal

Reactions: jet812
Nonsense I understand home prices from 2019 as we were in the market. I understand today the impact Covid, inflation, and rates have had on them. Gov is A factor not the only factor.

Based on your posting history, I think you've slipped up. It has to all be about Biden and the Dems, doesn't it?

Based on your posting history, I think you've slipped up. It has to all be about Biden and the Dems, doesn't it?
This time yes. Progressives from defunding police to bail, endless free cheese raising the cost of our lives, Covid insanity, and woke bs. And when I say things are improving it’s absolutely as a direct result of reversing what Biden and progressives wanted. In every arena.

They may have had the best intentions but their instincts are disastrous

Nothing got done in 23 and hey. Things are improving….

We bought in 2021. Glad I did. When I saw 150-175 a sq-ft build cost and bought in the 90 sq-ft 4000 sq ft in a nice neighborhood it was a no brainer. Insured it at replacement cost and it was insane to consider building. Under 300k. First time in my life I hit the market right.

The price of cheese sticks and crab legs are astronomical. A man can't have a decent snack or good meal anymore. Thanks Joe Biden.
Bidenomics lol. How big of an asshole do you have to be to come out with that when 80 percent of the people are worse off financially under you. It’d be like Tom Allen having a press conference last year to say this season is THE ALLEN WAY

I thought it was almost SOP for first time home buyers to get a hand up from parents/relatives. Giving your kid enough to cover the down payment was commonplace.
Chris Rock Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
That misses the point. Peoples’ means didn’t change. The gov interfered and raised what it takes to live. That is not the fault of people. It’s the fault of morons supporting Biden. From houses to healthcare to string cheese.
One of the causes of rising prices is the move to cut ties in some areas with China and bring stuff back to America. Trump started that. And maybe, in the end, it’ll be a good thing. But actions and policies have consequences.

One of the causes of rising prices is the move to cut ties in some areas with China and bring stuff back to America. Trump started that. And maybe, in the end, it’ll be a good thing. But actions and policies have consequences.
They absolutely have consequences. As do words. And I will add with as much as trump liked his name on those stim checks he might have been no different than Biden

Have we talked about salaries kids are pulling now when they graduate from college? I know many of my girls were making 6 figures right after they graduated. They are paying for really expensive apartments now and will be able to afford a house when they want. I know that’s not the norm, but I don’t think it’s that unusual.
Helping aging parents has become a sizeable
expense for me and some other folks I know

Interesting poll on prioritizing care for aging parents over handing down wealth to kids

40% of people 18-29 think it’s the responsibility of their parents to give them wealth when the parent dies. SMH.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: larsIU and manichi
I’m good with ending expensive weddings. Biggest waste of money of all time.

Interestingly to me, Ramsey doesn't seem to mind as long as you don't borrow the money and it's "reasonable". I hear 10K numbers thrown out all the time. Seems to me it would be more on brand for him to advise spending that money on better things.

Covid should’ve taught everyone how far removed the supply chain has become. 2 ways to skin a cat. Trump with tariffs and Biden with stimulus. I know that’s over simplifying it but we are in a huge manufacturing and raw materials boom that both parties have helped. The US is pulling back. I like it but it will be painful. People need to look at the population declines around the world. Only 2-3 areas will be able to keep up. China is not one of them. Central and South America, Mexico and central Africa have the age demographic to do it. Infrastructure not so much though. Raw materials we have. Let’s actually make America great and prosperous again.

Interestingly to me, Ramsey doesn't seem to mind as long as you don't borrow the money and it's "reasonable". I hear 10K numbers thrown out all the time. Seems to me it would be more on brand for him to advise spending that money on better things.
Shit ten k is peanuts for a wedding. Ten k is braces

I told my folks I was happy with them spending their last dollar on the day they died. Fortunately, they didn't, but they sure made a run at it their last few years.

I told my parents the same.

I told them they worked hard for their money, so they should enjoy it while they can.

I'm not gonna take that advice, just like my parents won't either, no matter how much I push them to.

Some of the best weddings I've ever been to have been at someone's house in their backyard.

Mine was at a little backwoods country club in Brown County where I used to tend bar. Simple ceremony with a judge and fed maybe 20 people. Cost me about a grand, and I got half of that back with cash gifts in lieu of gifts.

Covid should’ve taught everyone how far removed the supply chain has become. 2 ways to skin a cat. Trump with tariffs and Biden with stimulus. I know that’s over simplifying it but we are in a huge manufacturing and raw materials boom that both parties have helped. The US is pulling back. I like it but it will be painful. People need to look at the population declines around the world. Only 2-3 areas will be able to keep up. China is not one of them. Central and South America, Mexico and central Africa have the age demographic to do it. Infrastructure not so much though. Raw materials we have. Let’s actually make America great and prosperous again.
The problem is consumers are still conditioned for cheap products. 90 percent of the products in Walmart are made in china. A product we make and sell costs us $10 with shipping included in sialkot Pakistan. To do it with a factory in kc is now $80. Taxes. Licenses. Benefits. Comp coverage. On and on.

Mine was at a little backwoods country club in Brown County where I used to tend bar. Simple ceremony with a judge and fed maybe 20 people. Cost me about a grand, and I got half of that back with cash gifts in lieu of gifts.
Damn I would have loved to have attended that wedding. Hear all the banter about Linux vs. Windows while getting hammered. Invite me to your next one!

The old country club in Brown county. It became Bushman’s (John Hall bushman harmonica)was a favorite of mine. The guy would let you camp out instead of drive drunk. Awsome place if it’s the one you are talking about. We eloped to the Smokey’s. Just her and I. Only way to do it.

Shit ten k is peanuts for a wedding. Ten k is braces
Went to the wedding of the daughter of friends in Georgia. Big Methodist church in Buckhead area of Atlanta. Jim told us later that as he was preparing to walk Julie down the aisle that the whole shebang was costing him $1,633 per step.

“Damn, and that’s one long church.”

“Yeah, I know. . . . . “

My guess is about $200,000 total.

Reactions: BradStevens
Damn I would have loved to have attended that wedding. Hear all the banter about Linux vs. Windows while getting hammered. Invite me to your next one!

That was shortly before I dove into Linux. And it worked out that there were few drinkers there. You would have been that guy.

Went to the wedding of the daughter of friends in Georgia. Big Methodist church in Buckhead area of Atlanta. Jim told us later that as he was preparing to walk Julie down the aisle that the whole shebang was costing him $1,633 per step.

“Damn, and that’s one long church.”

“Yeah, I know. . . . . “

My guess is about $200,000 total.
Oh my god

You really have blinders on. Or a memory problem. We should all have BDS. Fortunately given his approval rating most do. Anyone with kids should be actively campaigning for Biden’s removal
Except some people with kids are concerned about many things like their kids getting shot at school. Like their daughters not even having the same rights they did. Like having a horrendous role model in the WH for their children to hear and see every day.

The old country club in Brown county. It became Bushman’s (John Hall bushman harmonica)was a favorite of mine. The guy would let you camp out instead of drive drunk. Awsome place if it’s the one you are talking about. We eloped to the Smokey’s. Just her and I. Only way to do it.

I'm talking about the Brown County Country Club off of Helmsburg Road. Owned by Dick Shively and his wife. They had a shitty golf course and a nice little bar and restaurant and had a great chef who put out really good food. This was in the late 90s when I worked there. (Got married in 2000.) Last I heard they'd turned it into a ghey Frisbee course.

I'm talking about the Brown County Country Club off of Helmsburg Road. Owned by Dick Shively and his wife. They had a shitty golf course and a nice little bar and restaurant and had a great chef who put out really good food. This was in the late 90s when I worked there. (Got married in 2000.) Last I heard they'd turned it into a ghey Frisbee course.
That’s it. John Hall owned it in the 2005-2010ish time. Loved that place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT