ADVERTISEMENT

Home ownership

Why ? I should have sold my home to a young growing family some 20 years ago. A family who could have enjoyed the home and raised a large family. A family who these days couldn't buy my home because of the huge increase in price over the last twenty years.

There's nothing preventing you from selling to someone under market value.

What do you think about the new football coach?
I think his mouth is writing some pretty large checks. He’s got a great track record of success so I’m bullish there.

I also think discretion is the better part of valor/speak softly and carry a big stick/meek will inherit the Earth/pick your favorite cliche.

It’s football, so it’s not like you have to be a “nice” guy. And RMK was an out and out dick that his players (that stayed) generally loved.

I’m just not a big fan of the attitude. Like, at some point, he WILL get waxed by someone, if for no other reason than the other side can and wants to take him down a notch. Is he going to say “it’s on me,” is he gonna say “the players played like losers, it wasn’t me because I’m a winner,” is he going to say that our fans are terrible because they left at halftime of a competitive game (he’d be right, IMO). How he handles some of this stuff is going to be a big deal because if there is anything people hate it’s that someone thinks they’re better than them. And he really gives off that vibe.

I also think next years schedule looks generally favorable so really good chance of a decent record.

I thought it was almost SOP for first time home buyers to get a hand up from parents/relatives. Giving your kid enough to cover the down payment was commonplace.

Mark, I've read many parents don't feel obligated any longer to their kids with gifts or inheritance after having been hit with the cost of college educations

Think of the double hit some young couples have today. College loans and mortgage payments. Not to mention car loans and in some cases daycare for children.

Mark, I've read many parents don't feel obligated any longer to their kids with gifts or inheritance after having been hit with the cost of college educations

Think of the double hit some young couples have today. College loans and mortgage payments. Not to mention car loans and in some cases daycare for children.
But most of the parents are boomers or older X’ers. Off all people they should be willing to offer their kids a hand up.

Last edited:
Rates will help a little settling in at 5-6 percent but there won’t be a crash like 08 with stated income bs. The country just got exceptionally expensive the last three years while Biden is shouting Jan 6. Tranny rights. But trump. Mind boggling stupidity
TDS. Tranny derangement syndrome. Biden has spoken about it ad nauseum, right?

Fair point. The down payment money has been replaced by the college money.

So they buy a degree they can't afford to pay for, a home they can't afford to pay for, a car they can't afford to pay for, and have kids that need looked after while they struggle to make enough to cover all the payments for whatever it is they can't afford to pay for.

Fair point. The down payment money has been replaced by the college money.

So they buy a degree they can't afford to pay for, a home they can't afford to pay for, a car they can't afford to pay for, and have kids that need looked after while they struggle to make enough to cover all the payments for whatever it is they can't afford to pay for.
Thanks Joe Biden. RipAmericanDream
No kids, no weddings, hoopdies and trailer parks for the lot of us. #bidenomics

Reactions: DANC

But most of the parent are boomers or older X’ers. Off all people they should be willing to offer their kids a hand up.

Boomers selling their homes for $2 million after buying them in 1969 for 7  raspberries.
"It's almost an article of faith that parents are going to try to sacrifice today so they can leave something for their children to have after they are gone, but a new study by the investment firm, US Trust, finds that a majority of millionaire baby boomers, 51 percent, said they see no need to leave their children money when they die."

Reactions: DANC and hoot1
Thanks Joe Biden. RipAmericanDream
No kids, no weddings, hoopdies and trailer parks for the lot of us

So much for living beneath ones means and delaying gratification.

You should stop listening to Clay & Buck and tune into Dave Ramsey. He bags on the gubmunt plenty, but in the end he tells you that you're responsible for your own finances, not Biden or Trump or anyone else.

So much for living beneath ones means and delaying gratification.

You should stop listening to Clay & Buck and tune into Dave Ramsey. He bags on the gubmunt plenty, but in the end he tells you that you're responsible for your own finances, not Biden or Trump or anyone else.
That misses the point. Peoples’ means didn’t change. The gov interfered and raised what it takes to live. That is not the fault of people. It’s the fault of morons supporting Biden. From houses to healthcare to string cheese.

Have we talked about salaries kids are pulling now when they graduate from college? I know many of my girls were making 6 figures right after they graduated. They are paying for really expensive apartments now and will be able to afford a house when they want. I know that’s not the norm, but I don’t think it’s that unusual.

Good buddy of mine lived in a posh town on the Jersey shore. When covid hit they noticed all the big houses going off the market immediately. And their new neighbors were mostly 27-yr old Wall Street guys. Then property taxes skyrocketed. Buddy ends up moving to Plymouth MA to avoid taxes. Who would have thunk.

Covid policy def accentuated an existing problem.
Talk to a native Montanan. Remote work and out of state money coming from California with some Oregon and Washington thrown in. That's crazy. We were looking for a place out west before Covid and now there's no way I could make it work or would want to now.

Have we talked about salaries kids are pulling now when they graduate from college? I know many of my girls were making 6 figures right after they graduated. They are paying for really expensive apartments now and will be able to afford a house when they want. I know that’s not the norm, but I don’t think it’s that unusual.

That's going to be a function of the major, the job, and the location. That and the fact that many of your girls will have a leg up simply from their socioeconomic backgrounds.

Had identity politics not been his focus perhaps his approval rating wouldnt be the worst in modern presidents

That's silly. No one cares that Biden supports trans rights. He'll get elected or not based on the economy this year and contrasting himself with his opponent. Your feverish bleatings notwithstanding, if the job market stays strong, the price of gas stays low, interest rates and inflation continue to come down, and he warns against what the Pubs might do with abortion if they come to power, then Biden should be in good shape come November.

Helping aging parents has become a sizeable
expense for me and some other folks I know

Interesting poll on prioritizing care for aging parents over handing down wealth to kids

Except again that’s nonsensical.
No it’s spot on. Identity politics and virtue signaling. Biden spent his first year focusing on race and identity, giving away the farm, and at the local level Dems pushed Covid hysteria. The coupled consequences gave rise to the pickle we are in today. Things only began to improve when manchin said enough and Biden lost the house. Now the damage is done. Corporations being corporations won’t lower prices no matter how much Biden tweets at them. He got got co-opted by the squad despite his “experience” bc he is so old and so far past his prime. Now we need to use our heads and not our feelz and vote the old codger out.

On that note I have to go to the store bc hooky says I can’t grill frozen meat

That's silly. No one cares that Biden supports trans rights. He'll get elected or not based on the economy this year and contrasting himself with his opponent. Your feverish bleatings notwithstanding, if the job market stays strong, the price of gas stays low, interest rates and inflation continue to come down, and he warns against what the Pubs might do with abortion if they come to power, then Biden should be in good shape come November.
Any benefit is in spite of Biden not bc of Biden.

No it’s spot on. Identity politics and virtue signaling. Biden spent his first year focusing on race and identity, giving away the farm, and at the local level Dems pushed Covid hysteria. The coupled consequences gave rise to the pickle we are in today. Things only began to improve when manchin said enough and Biden lost the house. Now the damage is done. Corporations being corporations won’t lower prices no matter how much Biden tweets at them. He got got co-opted by the squad despite his “experience” bc he is so old and so far past his prime. Now we need to use our heads and not our feelz and vote the old codger out.

On that note I have to go to the store bc hooky says I can’t grill frozen meat
@UncleMark above is reality. You’re bending yourself into a pretzel to support Biden is partisan silliness. He wanted to be transformative. He was stopped. The less that man gets the better off we are. Wake up. Open your eyes. People are working two jobs to survive.

Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
The worst approval rating of the last seven presidents. Perhaps you should ask yourself why

@UncleMark above is reality. You’re bending yourself into a pretzel to support Biden is partisan silliness. He wanted to be transformative. He was stopped. The less that man gets the better off we are. Wake up. Open your eyes. People are working two jobs to survive.

Then give me a reasonable alternative.

No that’s where your memories rest. No way. We have had the dumbest president in modern history behind the wheel. Biden has the lowest approval rating at this point of the last seven presidents

. Blame lefties defending him at all costs like unclemark. They’ll cut their noses off to spite their faces.
You really do not understand interest rates, supply and demand, impact of boomers, individual investors, Airbnb, VRBO, and a host of other things impacting housing prices. You are becoming a one trick pony with your BDS.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
You really do not understand interest rates, supply and demand, impact of boomers, individual investors, Airbnb, VRBO, and a host of other things impacting housing prices. You are becoming a one trick pony with your BDS.
Nonsense I understand home prices from 2019 as we were in the market. I understand today the impact Covid, inflation, and rates have had on them. Gov is A factor not the only factor.

Yeah, it's wearing thin. Not every fvcking thing is Biden's fault, anymore than they were Trump's fault.
Yes he’s just endlessly unlucky. Get the f out of here with your stupidity. Worst approval in the last seven presidents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT