ADVERTISEMENT

F1 2022 Season

Something about the end of the race today is stuck in my head.

I guess Formula 1 CAN go safety carring and do rule following.

But really the last (over) 10% of this race was fooked because they were too incompetent to get a car off the track. Took them four laps (under yellow!) to move it. That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
F1 is losing credibility with last year and now this. I’ve also got issue with this SL and Herta thing. Half the guys in F2 and most in F3 buy their rides. They’re hacks. It means hacks are now getting SL and sneaking into F1 (Mazepin, Latifi) I’m quite tired of it. F2 is especially weighted too much for SL points.

Herta to F1 has life!

Alpine is testing him in Hungary and also likely giving him an FP1 slot. This gets him SL points and also is a favor to AT for Gasley to get his release and sign with Alpine.

Herta to F1 has life!

Alpine is testing him in Hungary and also likely giving him an FP1 slot. This gets him SL points and also is a favor to AT for Gasley to get his release and sign with Alpine.

He still can't get enough points even if he ran all 6 FP1's to the end of the season. He'd still need more.

Mazepin had a deal to join the grid had he come up short on points. I imagine this would be likely.
I don't know. The FIA seemed pretty adamant that they weren't going to give a exemption. We'll see I suppose.

F1's in town this weekend:

Its a shame that the championship has already been decided. So it's basically avoiding downtown and putting up with road closures this weekend. Good thing there are a bunch of great soccer matches on the telly.

Reactions: larsIU

Red Bull rumored to have breached 2021 budget cap

A massive storm is brewing in the paddock in Singapore, with Red Bull rumored to be in hot water with the FIA for significantly breaching Formula 1's budget cap in 2021 according to a report from Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

The breach, if confirmed, could entail a massive penalty for the Milton Keynes-based outfit whose driver, Max Verstappen, won the championship at the final round last year.

But according to AMS, Red Bull isn't the only team to have exceeded F1's $147.4 million spending limit last season, with Aston Martin also rumored to have gone beyond its budget.

Both transgressions are expected to be classified by the FIA as minor breaches, which means they exceeded the budget cap by up to 5% of its value.

That means the breach could be up to around $7m, which is the equivalent of salary for dozens of members of staff and/or a significant amount of development work.

The financial regulations only specify that a minor breach may incur a “financial penalty and/or any minor sporting penalties”. If the FIA wanted to, the teams and/or their drivers could be docked points. Therefore theoretically if Red Bull is deemed to have committed such a breach the outcome of the 2021 championship could be changed.

The full range of penalty options include a public reprimand, deduction of drivers’ and constructors’ championship points for 2021, suspension from one or more “stages” of a competition but not a race, limitations on ability to conduct aerodynamic or other testing and/or a reduction in the cost cap.

Even harsher punishments are available to “material” breaches of more than 5%. These include race bans and championship exclusions.

Last edited:
Stop the count!!

_R-rmGpxMxZKO8YX3iP69FztEB6XT0kkjEIzLRJUKa8.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider

Wolff: FIA must show 'integrity and leadership' if teams breached cost cap

Red Bull in particular is believed to have significantly breached its budget's mandatory limit. In Aston Martin's case, a minor transgression could result in a multi-million dollar fine.

But a major violation by Red Bull entails an array of sanction, including loss of points, financial fines and even an exclusion from the F1 world championship for team and driver.

You know that won't happen, Wolff!

So basically Max is on course for the most * championships in history.

RE the Russell thing, I used to like George and really wanted him to do well at Mercedes. But man, he's turning out to be such a wanker. Why the hell should he be whining about Mick defending against him. Imagine, an F1 driver defending his position against a car that is behind him. Who does Russell think he is?

• Love
RE the Russell thing, I used to like George and really wanted him to do well at Mercedes. But man, he's turning out to be such a wanker. Why the hell should he be whining about Mick defending against him. Imagine, an F1 driver defending his position against a car that is behind him. Who does Russell think he is?
He is a wanker, though I am entertained that he is beating his teammate in the same machinery this season.

Sidenote, I was enjoying the Alonzo v. Max battle before the French “engineering” got to Alonzo’s PU. Was waiting for Max to say Alonzo has so much rear end

I don’t know the validity, but Ricciardo to Merc as reserve/sim driver, then teaming with George in ‘24. That’s the rumor. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don’t know the validity, but Ricciardo to Merc as reserve/sim driver, then teaming with George in ‘24. That’s the rumor. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Can't see it on two levels. One, I don't think Hamilton will leave after 2023. Two, why would Mercedes, who could sign any driver they want not named Max, give the seat to 35 year old Danial Ricciardo who just shit the bed at McLaren? I'm not seeing it.

Can't see it on two levels. One, I don't think Hamilton will leave after 2023. Two, why would Mercedes, who could sign any driver they want not named Max, give the seat to 35 year old Danial Ricciardo who just shit the bed at McLaren? I'm not seeing it.
Story I saw was that HAM saw himself racing another 5 years

There’s no way Lewis will drive for 5 more years. Don’t see it. He’s not an Alonso.

The only reason I would believe the Danny Ric rumor is because it gets Merc out of a teammate battle and the uncomfortable situation when Lewis does naturally age out. It would be a dilemma if he did in fact drive multiple years but his pace was lacking. Deep down I think Danny has probably lost that alpha mindset but would cherish a Kimi at Ferrari type ending.

Not surprising news but have heard some say they anticipate tension between Gasly and Ocon

Two Frenchmen on the same team? What could go wrong? 🤣 🤣
Lots of shouting, arm waving and serious shrugging. Netflix France needs to jump right in.

Pointless for any English-speaking country audience as the swearing would over-cook any translation AI machine they will be using.

Hahahaha. The FIA might be the worst sports leadership organization in history. Shit, the NCAA does circles around them.

This season was 10x worse than any Ham/Merc dominance. Christ this was awful. You penalize #2 thereby promoting Checo to 2nd place? The financial shenanigans for RB must be pretty bad though we’ll probably never hear about them at this point. Ferrari 2019 all over again.

Hahahaha. The FIA might be the worst sports leadership organization in history. Shit, the NCAA does circles around them.

This season was 10x worse than any Ham/Merc dominance. Christ this was awful. You penalize #2 thereby promoting Checo to 2nd place? The financial shenanigans for RB must be pretty bad though we’ll probably never hear about them at this point. Ferrari 2019 all over again.

As far as the Leclerc penalty, well you know I'm a Charles fan, but this was pretty obvious. You can't cut the track like that and keep your place. I knew as soon as I saw it that he'd end up P3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT