ADVERTISEMENT

F1 2022 Season

I honestly wonder if Ferrari actually prefers Sainz at this point. I feel like Charles on Sainz strategy might have won, or at least salvaged P2. He had a 5 second lead when they put him on hards.

I honestly wonder if Ferrari actually prefers Sainz at this point. I feel like Charles on Sainz strategy might have won, or at least salvaged P2. He had a 5 second lead when they put him on hards.
I don’t understand why they pitted to match George. They weren’t racing George! Extend the first 2 stints and finish on softs. It was extremely easy to overtake today compared to Hungary of years past. First time I’ve really felt like you could tell the regulations were different.

Edit to add Ferrari has to quit this “let them race” stupid mentality. They’re so afraid to piss Sainz off. I don’t get it. They should’ve swapped and let Leclerc extend after George pitted.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Threw the strategist under the bus after the race too when he said he felt fine on the mediums in the second stint.

• Love
Alonso to Aston. 🫤

Makes sense they were letting Ocon F with him yesterday. Aston has had decent race pace the last 2 races and endless pockets…but this seems like a downgrade.

I don’t understand why they pitted to match George. They weren’t racing George! Extend the first 2 stints and finish on softs. It was extremely easy to overtake today compared to Hungary of years past. First time I’ve really felt like you could tell the regulations were different.

Edit to add Ferrari has to quit this “let them race” stupid mentality. They’re so afraid to piss Sainz off. I don’t get it. They should’ve swapped and let Leclerc extend after George pitted.

Of course there's no reason the prioritize Leclerc now. The driver's championship is effectively over. All they can hope to do is stay in front of Mercedes to finish 2nd in the constructor's.

It's almost stunning how badly they've ****ed up.

Alonso to Aston. 🫤

Makes sense they were letting Ocon F with him yesterday. Aston has had decent race pace the last 2 races and endless pockets…but this seems like a downgrade.
Aston retired Seb, I’m afraid they’re going to do the same to Alonso.

Looks like Piastri is going to get his shot.

I kinda joked online somewhere that Ocon blocking him yesterday was the final straw…but I kinda think it mattered. 🫤

Alonso’s a prick and a cheat. But he is still fast.
I don’t know…I almost wonder if they were trying to force him out. Piastri supposedly had some Mclaren deal worked out and obviously losing out on him is bad for Alpine. Supposedly they kept offering a 1 year deal and he was insistent it had to be 2.

Well, as someone has pointed out, no quotes from Oscar on the release and his social media is silent. No tags on Oscar for his SM from Alpine. Almost has a Ganassi Palou feel to it.

Maybe. The press release stated he'd been promoted to a race seat. It didn't say he'd signed a contract. I'm guessing he'll be at Alpine, but you never know.

Of course all those IndyCar driver Zak went after...likely with vague bait of the F1 seat...will be annoyed if Piastri ended up at Mclaren.

And there it is!

Oscar says he is NOT driving for Alpine in 2023! Popcorn time.

There is a narrative on Reddit that Alonso orchestrated this, in a way. Allegedly Piastri had a clause that allowed him to go elsewhere if Alpine didn't have a seat for him by July 31, 2022. Alonso announces he's leaving August 1, one day after that, thus allowing Piastri to go to (McLaren). Yes, I could see Alonso purposely doing this to screw Alpine.

• Love
There is a narrative on Reddit that Alonso orchestrated this, in a way. Allegedly Piastri had a clause that allowed him to go elsewhere if Alpine didn't have a seat for him by July 31, 2022. Alonso announces he's leaving August 1, one day after that, thus allowing Piastri to go to (McLaren). Yes, I could see Alonso purposely doing this to screw Alpine.
Ha. This seems plausible.

I don’t know…I almost wonder if they were trying to force him out. Piastri supposedly had some Mclaren deal worked out and obviously losing out on him is bad for Alpine. Supposedly they kept offering a 1 year deal and he was insistent it had to be 2.
I liked him better when he was trying to win the Triple Crown. He ain't going to win shit in F1

He was too concerned with saving the whales or something.
Don't talk about his wife like that.

(I'm pretty sure she's leaning on him. Kimi's wife did it to him too - though she's smoking hot as well)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT