ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Cuomo?

So why on February 28 did Trump compare the virus to the common flu and say the Democrats were making the virus their new hoax? That doesn’t appear he’s taking it too seriously.

I can't answer your question. But I can say that the taskforce had been on the job for about a month and the first travel ban was also in effect for about a month. Fauci said that Trump followed all of their recommendations.

... they allowed thousands to ride on subways until this past Tuesday. How many people will die because of the delay in shutting down mass transit?

If you are a doctor, nurse, firefighter, policeman, (or whatever essential personnel that you want to name) in NYC, there's a pretty good chance that you rely on the subway to get to work. So it's better to tell people to not ride the subway unless absolutely necessary, clean more thoroughly, and urge PPE. Not a lot of single family homes with cars and garages in NYC!

So are not going to address my question? You and hoos want to talk about Trump, but neither can tell me if anyone asked the NY leadership why didn't they shut down mass transit weeks ago? Can we stick to the topic?
From National. Review: On January 26, New York City's health commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, warned, "It's inevitable that we will have someone who is positive with coronavirus." She also said, "We are encouraging New Yorkers to go about their everyday lives and suggest practicing everyday precautions that we do through the flu season." She added that those "who had recently traveled from Wuhan were not being urged to self-quarantine or avoid large public gatherings."

If you are a doctor, nurse, firefighter, policeman, (or whatever essential personnel that you want to name) in NYC, there's a pretty good chance that you rely on the subway to get to work. So it's better to tell people to not ride the subway unless absolutely necessary, clean more thoroughly, and urge PPE. Not a lot of single family homes with cars and garages in NYC!

Ok. You are the 3rd person to respond as such. Maybe you will be the first to respond to my follow up. Then why wouldn't they shut down mass transit except for essential personnel? Why would they want essential and critical personnel in a mass transit Petri dish?

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Ok. You are the 3rd person to respond as such. Maybe you will be the first to respond to my follow up. Then why wouldn't they shut down mass transit except for essential personnel? Why would they want essential and critical personnel in a mass transit Petri dish?
They actually encouraged the behavior.
New York City Health Commissioner on Feb. 2nd: "There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday."

Reactions: 76-1
The virus campaign pause seems to be really hurting Biden. Not only is he out of view, his brief public TV appearances seem to be one train wreck after another. I understand that Biden's last debate performance was his best. But that seems to be a distant memory as he fades into irrelevance and appears to be increasingly frail.

Shift to Cuomo. Here is a guy who is relevant and competent. He is on TV as much as anybody except for Trump and members of his task force. Cuomo sounds more and more like Al Pacino in his prime which in this day and age of image can't hurt. If Biden didn't already stick his foot in his mouth about a female running mate, Cuomo would be a real plus to the ticket. I can't think of a woman who could do better.

I think there are a number of Democrats worried about a ticket with Biden at the helm. But the nomination trajectory is likely not reversible. We'll see.

See.

See I’m walking back his vice president pick which he has not made yet.

They actually encouraged the behavior.
New York City Health Commissioner on Feb. 2nd: "There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday."

Yeah. But Trump is ONLY person who didn't take it seriously and he the ONLY one to blame. Blood is on his hands!

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
The left has a defense, retreat into silence when confronted with facts that don't support their narrative. Last sighting 2:18 ET.

Reactions: ribbont
The left has a defense, retreat into silence when confronted with facts that don't support their narrative. Last sighting 2:18 ET.
Lmao. Facts? The right hasn’t cared a whit about facts since 2016. If they did, they couldn’t support a leader who cares less about facts.

Lmao. Facts? The right hasn’t cared a whit about facts since 2016. If they did, they couldn’t support a leader who cares less about facts.
The other fall back defense in the face of facts the left doesn't like is to attack with babble.

Um. You think they didn't? Seriously?
Why in the world would they know as much as Trump ( well not knew, since he doesn’t know ish) But was at least presented to him. Of course they didn’t. You think they sat in on all those meetings?

Why in the world would they know as much as Trump ( well not knew, since he doesn’t know ish) But was at least presented to him. Of course they didn’t. You think they sat in on all those meetings?
What meetings. China was still stonewalling.

You are telling me the mayor and Gov of the largest population of the US didn't think the virus would affect them and allowed EVERYONE to travel on mass transit and infect EVERYONE? Who the F is that stupid? Really? They just shut it down Tuesday of THIS WEEK. Holy crap!!!! Is the Gov really that big of a moron?

Facts? Lol. The Dems haven't cared about facts since the let a rapist get the nomination.

Facts? Lol. The Dems haven't cared about facts since the let a rapist get the nomination.
I think you’re confused. It’s the Republicans that elected Trump, not the Democrats. It is confusing because he used to be a Democrat. But then he realized which party it was that a corrupt, inept conman could swindle and voila, suddenly he’s a Republican. And guess what? Those people still don’t care about facts, science, or sexual abuse.

What meetings. China was still stonewalling.
What are you serious? You really don’t know about all the meetings that Trump had in January where he was warned about this? Shame you took Trump’s bait and are blaming it all on the Chinese. That’s he’s plan. Some people will fall for it. Most wont.

You are telling me the mayor and Gov of the largest population of the US didn't think the virus would affect them and allowed EVERYONE to travel on mass transit and infect EVERYONE? Who the F is that stupid? Really? They just shut it down Tuesday of THIS WEEK. Holy crap!!!! Is the Gov really that big of a moron?
Well as I’ve said a hundred times, they didn’t have the same information Trump did in early February. And to answer your question...the so called president of the United States is THAT stupid and is THAT big of a moron.

Well as I’ve said a hundred times, they didn’t have the same information Trump did in early February. And to answer your question...the so called president of the United States is THAT stupid and is THAT big of a moron.
Prove it

Do you want me to goggle who was at those early meetings Trump was in? Serious? Does being a Trumpster make you lose all common sense?
No, I want you to prove that others didn’t have the same info as Trump.

No, I want you to prove that others didn’t have the same info as Trump.
Did you have the same information as Trump? Did I? Does it really take a rocket scientist to know that the so called president had the latest, most up to date and complete information?

That's not a stutter. It's brain damage. Joe has had two invasive brain surgeries. I know his treating surgeon said Joe had a compete recovery, but I've never heard a treating surgeon ever say otherwise. I've been told by an M.D. who knows about this invasive head stuff, and he's of the opinion that recovery is never compete and the condition does not improve with age.

Were you also an expert on Hillary's brain injury? I seem to recall that. Didn't you suggest how wrong it was to speculate on Trump's bizarre loss of sentence structure? I think you even said it was a sign of being a master communicator?

Reactions: hoosboot
Were you also an expert on Hillary's brain injury? I seem to recall that. Didn't you suggest how wrong it was to speculate on Trump's bizarre loss of sentence structure? I think you even said it was a sign of being a master communicator?

See, there you go again. Marv, why don’t you ever pay attention to what I write? I didn’t claim expertise. I quoted an opinion of an MD whose career was neuroradioligy. In other words, he spent a career looking at brain damage.

See, there you go again. Marv, why don’t you ever pay attention to what I write? I didn’t claim expertise. I quoted an opinion of an MD whose career was neuroradioligy. In other words, he spent a career looking at brain damage.

Apparently you never learned along the way what a quote actually is. It looks something like this:

CO. Hoosier said, "That's not a stutter. It's brain damage."

Sounds like a guy making a declarative statement. And he was able to make that diagnosis without even examining the patient...kind of like you did in the example Marv gave of (and I quote)

"Were you also an expert on Hillary's brain injury?"

Do you have an actual quote where your expert opined on Biden's condition or just your idle speculation?

Do you have an actual quote where your expert opined on Biden's condition or just your idle speculation?

Sorry. I didn't record our conversation. BTW, I didn't bring up the brain injury part, I think I said something along the lines that Biden is having a lot of senior moments. He promptly reminded all of us of Biden's two brain surgeries which he thinks are significant history.

Hilary didn't have a brain injury.

she had moral deficiency.

that said, Kennedy and Johnson were quite elequent and presidential while lying their ass off about Nam.

as was Reagan quite presidential and eloquent while inserting a 40 yr and counting rod up the working class's arse, so the rich could be richer at the working class's expence.

oh how presidential and eloquent he was while inserting that rod inch by inch. the great communicator.

and Bill Clinton, while explaining how NAFTA would lead to more jobs and better wages, and dismantling banking regulations.

no stammer for Bill.

and "they've got weapons of mass destruction" GWB, while lying his ass off to take us to a never ending war that would destabilize the entire region for 20 yrs and counting.

i could care less if the prez is totally illiterate and less polished than Granny Clampitt, if they have wisdom, insight, integrity, morality, and a sense of duty to the greater citizenry rather than Wall St or the military complex.

we look for the wrong things in our leaders, and listen to corporate controlled talking heads who have their corporate master's best interests, not ours, at heart.

Did you have the same information as Trump? Did I? Does it really take a rocket scientist to know that the so called president had the latest, most up to date and complete information?
So when I ask you to prove something that you claim as fact, you ask me 3 questions.

Quite frankly, I am not sure if anybody fully understands the situation now, let alone 2 1/2 months ago. At least the magnitude of the situation. I don’t really like the way Trump handled the first month or so of this, but I also know he was not alone at that time. There have been many, many examples of various people, media, Governors, Congress, etc that were terribly wrong at the same time. Many have been listed here, go look them up. Most people had this wrong in late January through early February. Do I think Trump, by himself, and only him, knew the severity of this before anyone else? No, I don’t.

Are the White House doctors and epidemiologists better than the doctors and epidemiologists that WHO and CDC were consulting with? I doubt it. Does the NYT and Washington Posts have the availability to access much of the same data as the White House (wrt Coronavirus)? Of course they do. Yet many of their headlines were downplaying this event well after the China Ban.

We all know you hate Trump, we get it. I certainly understand how someone gets there. But when somebody is so completely one sided with any topic, and has no ability whatsoever to discuss in a rational manner the topic at hand, and just spews opinion as fact, you kind of lose some credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT