ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Cuomo?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
The virus campaign pause seems to be really hurting Biden. Not only is he out of view, his brief public TV appearances seem to be one train wreck after another. I understand that Biden's last debate performance was his best. But that seems to be a distant memory as he fades into irrelevance and appears to be increasingly frail.

Shift to Cuomo. Here is a guy who is relevant and competent. He is on TV as much as anybody except for Trump and members of his task force. Cuomo sounds more and more like Al Pacino in his prime which in this day and age of image can't hurt. If Biden didn't already stick his foot in his mouth about a female running mate, Cuomo would be a real plus to the ticket. I can't think of a woman who could do better.

I think there are a number of Democrats worried about a ticket with Biden at the helm. But the nomination trajectory is likely not reversible. We'll see.

See.

The virus campaign pause seems to be really hurting Biden. Not only is he out of view, his brief public TV appearances seem to be one train wreck after another. I understand that Biden's last debate performance was his best. But that seems to be a distant memory as he fades into irrelevance and appears to be increasingly frail.

Shift to Cuomo. Here is a guy who is relevant and competent. He is on TV as much as anybody except for Trump and members of his task force. Cuomo sounds more and more like Al Pacino in his prime which in this day and age of image can't hurt. If Biden didn't already stick his foot in his mouth about a female running mate, Cuomo would be a real plus to the ticket. I can't think of a woman who could do better.

I think there are a number of Democrats worried about a ticket with Biden at the helm. But the nomination trajectory is likely not reversible. We'll see.

See.
Yeah cuomo has been fantastic.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Knowing nothing about Cuomo before last week, other than this crisis, what are his pro/cons? What can Trump attack? because he will.

Knowing nothing about Cuomo before last week, other than this crisis, what are his pro/cons? What can Trump attack? because he will.

Well I live in New York. Cuomo is a disaster. Even most Dems I know disliked him before this pandemic. Where can Trump attack him? Well bail reform, his sky high taxes on the middle class, crappy economy, 9 month abortions for all, etc. He's been a total disaster as governor.

See.

And Al can bring along Fredo.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier

See.

Man, Republicans sure are worried about their boy getting stomped by Biden. They'll do just about anything in order to not run against him. They won't just try to boost everybody from Bernie Sanders to Andrew Cuomo (who has done a fantastic job in communicating around the coronavirus pandemic) to avoid Biden in the general election...I bet they'd even go so far as to try to bribe foreign officials to announce baseless investigations into Biden by threatening to withhold desperately needed aid to their country from the U.S.

Feels like my Republican brethren should be the ones drafting a replacement candidate. Maybe they could offer up a real candidate on their own ticket instead of worrying about the extremely experienced, knowledgeable, and likeable leader the Dems have decided upon?

See.
I’ve seen Biden interviewed twice and both times he did a really good job - he appeared alert, healthy, knowledgeable, compassionate. He spoke with ease and confidence.

See.
When have you seen him be a disaster and increasing frail? And how can he be both that, and out of view? I saw him on Nichole Wallace yesterday and he looked as usual and did fine. He has an online event tonight.

Yeah, I think Joe Biden isn't gonna make it...I mean to any objective person, this is concerning. Here are interviews the last few days, after he disappeared for 6 days prior. He also cancelled yesterdays press briefing I believe.

Someone needs to step in here....this is not right.

Yeah, I think Joe Biden isn't gonna make it...I mean to any objective person, this is concerning. Here are interviews the last few days, after he disappeared for 6 days prior. He also cancelled yesterdays press briefing I believe.

He didn’t disappear for a week. I saw two interviews and he had online events. Did you see the last debate? This is disgusting that people take short clips to push their narrative. And I just listened to those out of context blips...you think you couldn’t do that for any person? The coughing into his hand was the only concerning part. He did very well in the debate, he’s down town halls, speeches, and countless interviews. It’s been discussed ad nauseam how his stutter makes him stumble and search for words at times.

Well I live in New York. Cuomo is a disaster. Even most Dems I know disliked him before this pandemic. Where can Trump attack him? Well bail reform, his sky high taxes on the middle class, crappy economy, 9 month abortions for all, etc. He's been a total disaster as governor.

9 month abortions and high spending/taxes have been Democratic positions for a while now. Also isn't Cuomo a committed fracking-banner? I think many of these positions are a disaster, but I'm not a Democrat. Joe said in the last debate he was a fracking-banner. He's also high on high spending. (there isn't much difference between parties on that score.) If Joe isn't a supporter of 9 month abortions at will and no-cash bail reforms, I think he will be painted with that brush throughout the campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Cuomo appeals to me as a Trump alternative, I just think he would be a better candidate, campaigner, and hugely better in office than Joe.

He didn’t disappear for a week. I saw two interviews and he had online events. Did you see the last debate? This is disgusting that people take short clips to push their narrative. And I just listened to those out of context blips...you think you couldn’t do that for any person? The coughing into his hand was the only concerning part. He did very well in the debate, he’s down town halls, speeches, and countless interviews. It’s been discussed ad nauseam how his stutter makes him stumble and search for words at times.

You can watch the full interviews too. Something is just not right. This article was posted 3 days ago...

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/03/where-is-joe

That's not a stutter. It's brain damage. Joe has had two invasive brain surgeries. I know his treating surgeon said Joe had a compete recovery, but I've never heard a treating surgeon ever say otherwise. I've been told by an M.D. who knows about this invasive head stuff, and he's of the opinion that recovery is never compete and the condition does not improve with age.

Man, Republicans sure are worried about their boy getting stomped by Biden. They'll do just about anything in order to not run against him. They won't just try to boost everybody from Bernie Sanders to Andrew Cuomo (who has done a fantastic job in communicating around the coronavirus pandemic) to avoid Biden in the general election...I bet they'd even go so far as to try to bribe foreign officials to announce baseless investigations into Biden by threatening to withhold desperately needed aid to their country from the U.S.

Feels like my Republican brethren should be the ones drafting a replacement candidate. Maybe they could offer up a real candidate on their own ticket instead of worrying about the extremely experienced, knowledgeable, and likeable leader the Dems have decided upon?
Republicans worried about getting stomped by Slow Joe? Yep, most are losing sleep every night over that happening.

Andrew Cuomo has been very strong in his daily press conferences. He's rising to the challenge he's faced with. He's on this and is inspiring NY residents as well as other US citizens with his leadership in this crisis.

I don't see any reason to believe that he has ambitions beyond that. He's got his hands full right now and I hope he stays on task, as he appears to be doing.

Andrew Cuomo has been very strong in his daily press conferences. He's rising to the challenge he's faced with. He's on this and is inspiring NY residents as well as other US citizens with his leadership in this crisis.

I don't see any reason to believe that he has ambitions beyond that. He's got his hands full right now and I hope he stays on task, as he appears to be doing.
I've also been impressed with Cuomo, but let's be honest here. When contrasting him with Trump's appearance and general pull-it-outta-your-ass strategy he's clearing a relatively low bar in that regard. Cuomo is competent, seems to genuinely care about his constituents and how he can help them and the country, and also has above a basic understanding of the gravity of the situation. He also doesn't appear to be a megalomaniac.

I've also been impressed with Cuomo, but let's be honest here. When contrasting him with Trump's appearance and general pull-it-outta-your-ass strategy he's clearing a relatively low bar in that regard. Cuomo is competent, seems to genuinely care about his constituents and how he can help them and the country, and also has above a basic understanding of the gravity of the situation. He also doesn't appear to be a megalomaniac.

LOL

not a Biden fan, but nothing edited is credible, and not big on gotchas.

that said, expecting Hunter's face to pop up on a milk carton any day, and Trump will be much tougher on Biden's voting record than any Dems were, including Bernie.

and he will shout and tweet Hunter all day everyday.

unless Hunter has a great story for the Burisma and China things, Dems down ticket will pay a price for the whole Hunter thing not being aired out in the primary.

hard to see Hunter staying in witness protection till Nov, especially with Trump and Fox and right wing radio literally never letting go.

pointing at some poor schmuck and saying "how dare you" when asked about Burisma and China, isn't going to cut it in the general, and CNN and MSNBC who are sponsoring his candidacy, can only protect him so long once the pubs bring it up all day every day. (of which there is a 100% chance).

that said, pre virus i never saw JB having any chance due to his being such a bland candidate, and a lot of the bros won't vote for him, and any Dem candidate would have need that contingent.

i'll assume Liz is his VP pick, but not sure the bros will back her either at this point.

with the virus though, everything anybody thought before about the election, could now be out the door.

Last edited:
Republicans worried about getting stomped by Slow Joe? Yep, most are losing sleep every night over that happening.

Right? GOP desperation is palpable. Their concern trolling is hilarious. Replacing their candidate with somebody serious and sane seems like an easier option than bribing foreign governments, but then I'm just a guy who sincerely cares about the country.

not a Biden fan, but nothing edited is credible, and not big on gotchas.

that said, expecting Hunter's face to pop up on a milk carton any day, and Trump will be much tougher on Biden's voting record than any Dems were, including Bernie.

and he will shout and tweet Hunter all day everyday.

unless Hunter has a great story for the Burisma and China things, Dems down ticket will pay a price for the whole Hunter thing not being aired out in the primary.

hard to see Hunter staying in witness protection till Nov, especially with Trump and Fox and right wing radio literally never letting go.

pointing at some poor schmuck and saying "how dare you" when asked about Burisma and China, isn't going to cut it in the general, and CNN and MSNBC who are sponsoring his candidacy, can only protect him so long once the pubs bring it up all day every day. (of which there is a 100% chance).

that said, pre virus i never saw JB having any chance due to his being such a bland candidate, and a lot of the bros won't vote for him, and any Dem candidate would have need that contingent.

i'll assume Liz is his VP pick, but not sure the bros will back her either at this point.

with the virus though, everything anybody thought before about the election, could now be out the door.

You're right that this crisis has changed everything. Reminds me of when Bin Laden conveniently threatened the US three weeks before the 2004 election, giving W a nice last minute boost.

However as a Pete guy, the hidden appeal of Joe is that he's hinted he's only going to be a one term elect. So 2024 will be wide open.

Biden is basically there to bring everyone along to beat Trump.

The appeal I hope to the Bernie Bro's is are you going to choose 4 years of Trump or 4 years of Biden?

2024 is going to be wide open for both parties hopefully.

Probably have the return of Pete, Amy, Harris, Warren, Yang with additions of AOC (who'll be 35 if she wins so she just makes the mark) plus people who will make names for themselves in the next four years like Cuomo?

Republicans still have Cruz and Rubio plus don't forget Ivanka or Don Jr!!!

Anyway I think Biden would be smart to pull a James K Polk and announce he's only running for one term so get aboard and fight.

Reactions: Bill4411
So I was complimentary about Trump here a few days ago (not sure which thread). I was trying to be optimistic and put some hope into our POTUS that maybe he was starting to step up and assume his role because he was starting to sound more focused and informed. I think that was premature. Over the past few days, while I've tried to detach from the news a bit more for my own sanity, I've managed to glean that he's not holding up as I'd hoped he would. The governor of NY is upstaging Trump in terms of leadership, clarity, appropriate prioritization etc. Too bad we have this idiot in his role right now. It may cost a ton of lives. Thanks Pubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
I've been wondering for a while whom I should support for the president.
Reading your post convinced me that Cuomo will make a great president! I am now supporting him for the job.

Thank you for the effort!

Reactions: Bill4411

Has anyone asked him why he nor DeBlasio didn't shut down public transportation weeks ago?

I am far from an expert on any of this and genuinely wonder why. I told a friend of mine that NYC should shut down subways weeks ago. But admittedly it was a flippant remark without any real knowledge of the impact. TIA for any info.

Has anyone asked him why he nor DeBlasio didn't shut down public transportation weeks ago?

I am far from an expert on any of this and genuinely wonder why. I told a friend of mine that NYC should shut down subways weeks ago. But admittedly it was a flippant remark without any real knowledge of the impact. TIA for any info.

Main reason is NYC healthcare workers depend on it.

Main reason is NYC healthcare workers depend on it.

So, could they not shut it down except for essential personnel?

And why would anyone want the most critical people, healthcare workers, riding in a confined Petri dish?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassy61
So, could they not shut it down except for essential personnel?

And why would anyone want the most critical people, healthcare workers, riding in a confined Petri dish?

I think it's because somebody told him it is a media hoax that isn't any worse that the flu and is totally under control. ;)

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/2...hen-critiques-fox-news-for-shifting-rhetoric/

I am sure you will dismiss The Federalist, but it did list the 2 articles I read last month or so from WaPo and NYT. I have not read all the ones listed. Sorry if I linked incorrectly.

Well, I don't dismiss The Federalist out of hand, but it appears you know your link is in trouble when you preemptively try to prop it up from criticism. I think that's probably because the links provided don't really match the conclusions and you sort of know it. That said, a tweet from Vox and a few "Perspective" pieces from WaPo sort of pale in comparison to the White House briefing room. But, then, I think you knew that, too.

It really eats you up that folks think Cuomo is much more Presidential than the Donald, huh?

Could you link some articles for me? I'm out buying some fish tank cleaner to fight the virus. I hear it's a very promising treatment approach.

I’ll send you a couple of quarts. It’s administered rectally.

little-enema-card-50.jpg

Well, I don't dismiss The Federalist out of hand, but it appears you know your link is in trouble when you preemptively try to prop it up from criticism. I think that's probably because the links provided don't really match the conclusions and you sort of know it. That said, a tweet from Vox and a few "Perspective" pieces from WaPo sort of pale in comparison to the White House briefing room. But, then, I think you knew that, too.

It really eats you up that folks think Cuomo is much more Presidential than the Donald, huh?

Nah, propped it up because I know my audience. Most posters on the WC kill the messenger without even reading the message.

That said, I never once mention Trump. I asked about Cuomo and DeBlasio and why the subways were not shut down weeks ago. I wasn't asking to bash anyone. I just wanted to know if either of them had addressed the question. I cannot find any info on that.

And I guess you don't know either, since you decided to spin the conversation towards Trump and his early on "hoax" claims, which I showed several other news outlets also downplayed the virus. And when Trump did do the travel restrictions, a sign he was taking it seriously, he was called racist. I could not find any articles applauding Trump for the move and finally taking the virus seriously.

Anyway, back to my original topic on Cuomo or DeBlasio. Have they said why public transportation was not shut down week ago?

Nah, propped it up because I know my audience. Most posters on the WC kill the messenger without even reading the message.

That said, I never once mention Trump. I asked about Cuomo and DeBlasio and why the subways were not shut down weeks ago. I wasn't asking to bash anyone. I just wanted to know if either of them had addressed the question. I cannot find any info on that.

And I guess you don't know either, since you decided to spin the conversation towards Trump and his early on "hoax" claims, which I showed several other news outlets also downplayed the virus. And when Trump did do the travel restrictions, a sign he was taking it seriously, he was called racist. I could not find any articles applauding Trump for the move and finally taking the virus seriously.

Anyway, back to my original topic on Cuomo or DeBlasio. Have they said why public transportation was not shut down week ago?
On what date do you believe Trump started taking the virus seriously? In early March he said “it is very mild” “I’m not concerned”

He shut down travel by chinese. He did nothing about Americans coming back with it. The chinese already had their folks on restrictions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT