ADVERTISEMENT

Deutsche Bank and Trump

Move along lads, nothing (suspicious ;)) to see here...

Help me understand, other than to refute Trump's claims (which we all know are 100% factual), what does this reveal? I suppose potential tax avoidance "schemes" which every wealthy family in the country utilizes if they can. What is the statute of limitations on that?

The hype over how he financed his businesses is so overblown. Who gives a shit if it comes from DB Private Bank or the RE lending group? The real key here is that DB sucks and is a has been in the world of BBs.

Help me understand, other than to refute Trump's claims (which we all know are 100% factual), what does this reveal? I suppose potential tax avoidance "schemes" which every wealthy family in the country utilizes if they can. What is the statute of limitations on that?

The hype over how he financed his businesses is so overblown. Who gives a shit if it comes from DB Private Bank or the RE lending group? The real key here is that DB sucks and is a has been in the world of BBs.

It probably boils down to this- who guaranteed the loans that Trump took from DB. Because they wouldn’t just loan him money, given his past history at that point.

That’s the million dollar question. Or, maybe someone didn’t guarantee it- and it was a favor for someone else that DB did a lot of business with (hint: oligarchs in Russia).

Either way, something is out of place. Especially when you factor in Trump’s son’s statements that a “disproportional cross section of their assets” were linked to Russia (I can’t remember exactly how they said it, but that is the gist of their comments a few years ago). We know also that many of his real estate sales were purchased by Russians, in an apparent attempt to get their ill-gotten gains robbing the Russian people out of the country. Including some properties that were sold for significantly more than their market value.

Again, something fishy was going on- and it’s likely linked to the Russians. Again, he badmouths everyone- except Russians.

I’d guess this is what the Mueller probe is drilling into right now. It’s amazing how they’ve kept everything under wraps to this point.

Am I missing anything?

It probably boils down to this- who guaranteed the loans that Trump took from DB. Because they wouldn’t just loan him money, given his past history at that point.

That’s the million dollar question. Or, maybe someone didn’t guarantee it- and it was a favor for someone else that DB did a lot of business with (hint: oligarchs in Russia).

Either way, something is out of place. Especially when you factor in Trump’s son’s statements that a “disproportional cross section of their assets” were linked to Russia (I can’t remember exactly how they said it, but that is the gist of their comments a few years ago). We know also that many of his real estate sales were purchased by Russians, in an apparent attempt to get their ill-gotten gains robbing the Russian people out of the country. Including some properties that were sold for significantly more than their market value.

Again, something fishy was going on- and it’s likely linked to the Russians. Again, he badmouths everyone- except Russians.

I’d guess this is what the Mueller probe is drilling into right now. It’s amazing how they’ve kept everything under wraps to this point.

Am I missing anything?

I give Mueller credit for being such a professional, regardless of if there is anything there. I can't say that nothing happened, but it is very conceivable that DB could have used property values, second liens, personal assets, family assets, etc. depending on what was pledged.

There's also a reason it is a has been and will likely never get back to what it was post-acquisition of Bankers Trust

I give Mueller credit for being such a professional, regardless of if there is anything there. I can't say that nothing happened, but it is very conceivable that DB could have used property values, second liens, personal assets, family assets, etc. depending on what was pledged.

There's also a reason it is a has been and will likely never get back to what it was post-acquisition of Bankers Trust
Why don't you ask your same question about why Mueller would be continuing on so long if there were nothing there. Mueller has a clear record of going after bad deeds and not bothering with wild goose chases. He's clearly not on a witch hunt because he's conservative. Why is he still at it?

Am I missing anything?
Selling things for more than market value is not a crime. In fact it happens all the time particularly in Real Estate. Developers and investors do over pay for properties. Loan guarantees are not what you think they are either. Guaranties require something called “consideration” in order to be enforceable. Hence, the guaranty is probably not as nefarious as you think.... I know what I would want and need to take a guaranty from a foreign national living in another country that probably doesn’t recognize our commercial laws.

To think the IRS has missed something so blatant as you would describe is quit unlikely in my opinion.

Selling things for more than market value is not a crime. In fact it happens all the time particularly in Real Estate. Developers and investors do over pay for properties. Loan guarantees are not what you think they are either. Guaranties require something called “consideration” in order to be enforceable. Hence, the guaranty is probably not as nefarious as you think.... I know what I would want and need to take a guaranty from a foreign national living in another country that probably doesn’t recognize our commercial laws.

To think the IRS has missed something so blatant as you would describe is quit unlikely in my opinion.
Well, it might be a crime, depending on who is buying and their reasons for overpaying. If it's a money-laundering operation, then it would most certainly be a crime.

Well, it might be a crime, depending on who is buying and their reasons for overpaying. If it's a money-laundering operation, then it would most certainly be a crime.
Sope this is at best a fishing expedition....at best. We were just discussing in a thread ( don’t know if this one is the thread I’m thinking of) about people being able to understand issues in short sound bites. This doesn’t stink to me. Even the Patriot Act has something to say about the described transaction. As far as money laundering, how is Trump Laundering in this transaction? It’s being received in plain site and it is being reported? Even the Ruskies have an obligation to show where the money came from...

Sope this is at best a fishing expedition....at best. We were just discussing in a thread ( don’t know if this one is the thread I’m thinking of) about people being able to understand issues in short sound bites. This doesn’t stink to me. Even the Patriot Act has something to say about the described transaction. As far as money laundering, how is Trump Laundering in this transaction? It’s being received in plain site and it is being reported? Even the Ruskies have an obligation to show where the money came from...
Patience, grasshopper.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT