ADVERTISEMENT

Applied Psychology 101

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
A reasonably smart and educated woman emptied her bank accounts, put the money in a shoe box, and gave it to a stranger. This was a carefully executed psyc-op. They scared her, stripped her of her support, and rendered her helpless.

Read the whole thing

Can‘t happen to you? Covid?

Reactions: DANC
A reasonably smart and educated woman emptied her bank accounts, put the money in a shoe box, and gave it to a stranger. This was a carefully executed psyc-op. They scared her, stripped her of her support, and rendered her helpless.

Read the whole thing

It always amazes me when I hear these types of stories.

That said, your COVID swipe is silly, albeit a little unfortunate. When/if another, more serious pandemic level outbreak occurs, there will be needless numbers of people who die because they'll think they're sticking it to the government by doing their own 'research' and not abiding by legit mitigating efforts.

Where there instances of overreach and mistakes made during COVID? Absolutely. Do I think the government used COVID for some elaborate scheme to control its citizenry? You're out of your effin' gerd if you believe that.

Where there instances of overreach and mistakes made during COVID? Absolutely.
When I look back on some of the silly stuff I and many others did during covid, I think the reasons why are similar to this scam.

Do I think the government used COVID for some elaborate scheme to control its citizenry? You're out of your effin' gerd if you believe that.
I don’t think that. But I think some governors and others fulfilled their lust for power by enacting increasingly draconian measures. Denver barricaded parking lots of public parks. Other places filled skateboard parks with sand. Restaurants could only serve outdoors. All of that was crazy and was the result of an insatiable quest for power

The crowning blow was using emergency powers to avoid regular process to alter ballot security in some places.

Much of this was not a Democrat or Republican thing, it was a power and authority thing.

When I look back on some of the silly stuff I and many others did during covid, I think the reasons why are similar to this scam.

I don’t think that. But I think some governors and others fulfilled their lust for power by enacting increasingly draconian measures. Denver barricaded parking lots of public parks. Other places filled skateboard parks with sand. Restaurants could only serve outdoors. All of that was crazy and was the result of an insatiable quest for power

The crowning blow was using emergency powers to avoid regular process to alter ballot security in some places.

Much of this was not a Democrat or Republican thing, it was a power and authority thing.
Good thing all that lack of ballot security had no effect on the Presidential election.

Read the whole thing

That's insanity. Another reason to never answer the phone.

However, this became absurd right from the start with 'Amazon' calling her. And then let me transfer you over to the CIA... Seriously?

I think there actually is some truth to that. The fear of the unknown and lack of certainty probably does put people in some interesting spots.

Reactions: jet812

Read the whole thing

Some people don't deserve to have money

Reactions: NPT and DANC
You have no shame. None whatsoever.
C'mon, everyone knows that the gubment used the same strategy that online scammers do to fool us into thinking COVID was serious.
I mean, it worked so well on me that I was admitted to the hospital for a 10 day stay, was almost on a venilator, and, because of the afib that was caused by the "COVID", I had to undergo a 5 hour cardiac ablation two months later.
One of my wife's best friend's husband fell for it so badly, he died.
Best scam I have ever seen, and I fell for it like a dumbass.

C'mon, everyone knows that the gubment used the same strategy that online scammers do to fool us into thinking COVID was serious.
I mean, it worked so well on me that I was admitted to the hospital for a 10 day stay, was almost on a venilator, and, because of the afib that was caused by the "COVID", I had to undergo a 5 hour cardiac ablation two months later.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why do you insult yourself with posts like this? I’m not belittling or ridiculing anybody who suffered with Covid or lost loved ones with that. Yet you post as if I did? WTF man?

Im talking about the government stupidity of barricading entrances to public parks, filling skate board parks with sand, senseless closing of public schools, and lying about Covid origins. Now we learn that thec 6-foot rule came straight otta Fauci’s butt. The government intimidation and demands for obedience got so bad that physicians were muzzled about therapy and one state even threatened non-compliant doctors with license revocation. Government gets by with this nonsense for the same reasons that lady put that box of cash in the SUV ( if she did).

... the 6-foot rule came straight otta Fauci’s butt.
The 6 foot rule dates all the way back to 1897, when a German scientist named Carl Flügge wrote a book called “Uber Luftinfection” — “Over the Air Infections" and made the claim based on his crude experiments with the then-new invention called a Petri dish.

Then with the advent of high speed cameras decades later it was experimentally determined that the droplets from a sneeze or cough carried less than 6 feet.

It was suspected, however, and is now proven, that the 6-foot rule does not apply to aerosols. The six-foot rule, WITH MASKING, according to former FDA commisioner Gottlieb, was a compromise between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which had recommended 10 feet, and an unnamed political appointee in the Trump administration who called 10 feet “inoperable.”

Reactions: Ohio Guy

That’s a poor analogy you are trying to draw. This woman was a supposed financial columnist, which makes her a literal liability to all of those who took her advice over the years and in the future (assuming there are people that are going to stumble on her column post-disaster).

Read the whole thing

Trump supporters will give their money away for anything.

Just stupid.

Wear a mask when asked.
Stand back a couple of extra feet.
Get a vaccine, equal to other vaccines we've all gotten and been required to get over time.

There was not slippery slope, leading you withdraw thousands of dollars from your bank account.

Three years later the only people talking about COVID are conspiracy wonks. The mental midgets need a new circus.

No, can't happen to me. It's been tried.

Not saying I haven't been the victim of identity fraud online, but good luck on that. As for communications to extract transactions...LOL.

"Can I connect you..."

No.

Calvin told me to listen carefully. “The first thing you must do is not tell anyone what is going on. Everyone around you is a suspect.”

LOL

“Okay,” he said. “You need to go to the bank and get that cash out now. You cannot tell them what it is for. In one of my last cases, the identity thief was someone who worked at the bank.”

LOL

Three years later the only people talking about COVID are conspiracy wonks. The mental midgets need a new circus.
Lol. The post is not about Covid. It’s about authoritarian individuals in positions of power in government.

Why do you insult yourself with posts like this? I’m not belittling or ridiculing anybody who suffered with Covid or lost loved ones with that. Yet you post as if I did? WTF man?

Im talking about the government stupidity of barricading entrances to public parks, filling skate board parks with sand, senseless closing of public schools, and lying about Covid origins. Now we learn that thec 6-foot rule came straight otta Fauci’s butt. The government intimidation and demands for obedience got so bad that physicians were muzzled about therapy and one state even threatened non-compliant doctors with license revocation. Government gets by with this nonsense for the same reasons that lady put that box of cash in the SUV ( if she did).
The government while very far from perfect, is still made up of people that were doing what they thought best. You could tell early on they did not have a good understanding of COVID. This was very much a drill where we were all learning on the fly.

Ignoring the government overreach for a minute, you have to admit hospitals were at the brink during the peak. Do you think we should have just gone about as normal and let it slam us? I'm sure thousands of more would have died, but perhaps we would have transitioned back to normal life sooner?

Read the whole thing

Almost as bad as paying $400 for cheap Chinese knock off shoes. Lol.

In seriousness these scammers are insanely "good" at their "jobs" these days. It's a billion dollar industry. Mainly Russian and other Russian allied former soviet countries. They do this and also setup fake US social media accounts whose only goal is to troll and scam Americans. Sow civil discord here and take our money.

Lol. The post is not about Covid.
And yet, you were the one to inject Covid into the conversation with your OP. And it was on purpose. Then, like any good shitposter, you throw your hands up and claim innocence.
You need to practice your nuance, because you have become about as subtle as a loud fart. Is that a common aspect of old age?

at the peak i forgive all overreach as well as at the beginning. the problem is that it morphed into another politicized, virtue-signaling issue with distorted facts to further an agenda.
We saw it in real time…. They wouldn’t adjust, wouldn’t listen to folks on the ground, wouldn’t admit when they were wrong, we had at least one “expert” here who toed all the lines

at the peak i forgive all overreach as well as at the beginning. the problem is that it morphed into another politicized, virtue-signaling issue with distorted facts to further an agenda.
I agree it became very political. Still wondering should we have just let our hospitals crash (i.e. run it's natural course)? Would have impacted a lot of sick people...not just those with COVID.

I'm not buying or selling. Just curious what folks think.

I agree it became very political. Still wondering should we have just let our hospitals crash (i.e. run it's natural course)? Would have impacted a lot of sick people...not just those with COVID.

I'm not buying or selling. Just curious what folks think.
my buddy is an er doc at the big hospital here. what bothered me is that they'd report hospitals are overrun when the unit operates at 80 percent capacity to begin with so maybe in a community of 300,000 we get four new covid admitees and bam the hospital is overrun. it's accurate but misleading re the impact on the broader community. i think it just evinced the evil politicization of our country at the time but also highlighted issues with our healthcare system and having same be profitable.

what i'm certain of is nothing was done to prepare us for the next round. You think Biden has asked for greater accountability from WHO etc or just stroked a check again? Same with cdc, nih, etc. The NYT wrote a scathing piece on the cdc and our gov agencies and how they bungled this entire deal in a fashion that was absolutely negligence. no means to track anyone. kits weren't ready. labs dirty. just stupid shit

Just stupid.

Wear a mask when asked.
Stand back a couple of extra feet.
Get a vaccine, equal to other vaccines we've all gotten and been required to get over time.

There was not slippery slope, leading you withdraw thousands of dollars from your bank account.

The vaccine was not, in fact, equal to other vaccines we’ve all gotten. It is a new, unproven technology that was never previously used. This confirms your ignorance on the matter. I get that you want to suppress any discussion about it as that illustrates how foolish some of your behavior & actions were, but it is important to continue to review & discuss as more data & info become available over time so we don’t let hystericals like you damage society at large with your nonsense.

my buddy is an er doc at the big hospital here. what bothered me is that they'd report hospitals are overrun when the unit operates at 80 percent capacity to begin with so maybe in a community of 300,000 we get four new covid admitees and bam the hospital is overrun. it's accurate but misleading re the impact on the broader community. i think it just evinced the evil politicization of our country at the time but also highlighted issues with our healthcare system and having same be profitable.

what i'm certain of is nothing was done to prepare us for the next round. You think Biden has asked for greater accountability from WHO etc or just stroked a check again? Same with cdc, nih, etc. The NYT wrote a scathing piece on the cdc and our gov agencies and how they bungled this entire deal in a fashion that was absolutely negligence. no means to track anyone. kits weren't ready. labs dirty. just stupid shit
Every faction made mistakes. The idiots that thought it was a hoax , the hospitals that wouldn’t allow families to be in the room with their parent or spouse or child or whatever, the healthcare providers that cut and run, the government’s one size fits all policy, etc.

Did we learn our lesson? There isn’t a chance. Why? Decisions are made by people to far removed from the issue

And yet, you were the one to inject Covid into the conversation with your OP.
No, no, no,.

My post isn’t about Covid any more than it is about scamming people out of money. My post is about mind manipulation, in one case by thiefs , in the second case by public officials.

Read my OP again.

For me, it’s a very interesting question why we accepted so much Covid BS, when a moment of calm reflection would tell us some if it is just BS. Just like that victim who lost her money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No, no, no,.

My post isn’t about Covid any more than it is about scamming people out of money. My post is about mind manipulation, in one case by thiefs , in the second case by public officials.

Read my OP again.

For me, it’s a very interesting question why we accepted so much Covid BS, when a moment of calm reflection would tell us some if it is just BS. Just like that victim who lost her money.
So, it wasn't about Covid, but it was.
Got it.

You win.
wet-fart-contest.jpg

Reactions: UncleMark

Read the whole thing

Shit.... that woman had a gambling problem and made this up to tell her husband.

If not, she has to be the most gullible person on earth and doesn't deserve to have $50 in liquid funds.

Read the whole thing

Covid? You have got to be kidding.

You think those refrigerated trailers packed with bodies was faked?

My god man, it is one thing to follow your jersey name to the cliff, but jump off?

Reactions: UncleMark
No, no, no,.

Read my OP again.

Were things done that in retrospect were unnecessary? Sure science taught us more everyday. But the decisions were made for the right reasons.

The fact your jersey tells us this was all some grand con or criminal manipulation (with nothing to gain for it) is simply mind boggling.

It is you that has been conned.

Were things done that in retrospect were unnecessary? Sure science taught us more everyday. But the decisions were made for the right reasons.

The fact your jersey tells us this was all some grand con or criminal manipulation (with nothing to gain for it) is simply mind boggling.

It is you that has been conned.
You have always been a Covid fear monger. Even when 'science' taught us more every day, you were one of the ones pushing for a continued shut-down of society, even after it became obvious it was a disease almost completely lethal to the older population.

And you blamed Trump for the entire thing. You were conned, and still are being conned.

You have always been a Covid fear monger. Even when 'science' taught us more every day, you were one of the ones pushing for a continued shut-down of society, even after it became obvious it was a disease almost completely lethal to the older population.

And you blamed Trump for the entire thing. You were conned, and still are being conned.
This isn’t remotely accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT