ADVERTISEMENT

Buckner vs Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, while recruiting for the Orange, he hosted Aaron Craft to his house (and maybe others) for a BBQ during a dead period. A picture surfaced. Pearl asked Craft (not sure if he had already signed at OSU or not by this point) and his dad to lie and that was that. Maybe there was more?? Been a long time ago.
At least one, possibly two assistants at Auburn (Chuck Person) were tagged in the FBI investigation and given show cause.

Who would have known Dolson had balls like this. Everyone thought he was just a Fred Glass clone doing the same old IU.
I sure did. And there were supportive tea leaves such as the unduly long contract and buy out he gave Tom Allen. And then hiring Woody with his sub 0.500 NBA career. But now Dolson has corrected the Allen silliness, apparently learned in contract writing by making Woody buy out highly manageable, and now seems to fully understand Woody isn’t the answer. I am now a huge backer of AD Dolson!

It hasnt happened yet. I was going to say that Woodson probably saved his job with these last 2 wins. Dolson probably knows that a Minnesota loss will keep him from moving on him this year. I'll believe it when I see it.
If beating a falling apart Wisconsin team at home and a trash Maryland team on the road saves your job, we are officially dead.

Person acted on his own. Pearl was cleared of any wrongdoing of Person,
right and Charlie Manson had no idea what his girls were up to. assistant coaches aint out doing that stuff without the coaches' knowledge. Pearl was a cheater plain and simple. you no longer have to cheat it's a free for all. so if strictly want a good basketball coach, he would be that.

I don’t know. When you get past the initial excitement about this, it starts to seem like, if true, that it is being handled pretty ineptly with the leaks, in-fighting, rumors, etc. Is Pearl now going to have to address this with the media prior to the post-season? This is a mess. I have zero confidence that Dolson can pull it off…

right and Charlie Manson had no idea what his girls were up to. assistant coaches aint out doing that stuff without the coaches' knowledge. Pearl was a cheater plain and simple. you no longer have to cheat it's a free for all. so if strictly want a good basketball coach, he would be that.
I’m not jumping up and down about possibly getting Pearl either. But I do believe he could do the job here. It wouldn’t scare him. And since there basically is no such thing as cheating anymore, I’d be ok with it.

At 65 and living thru the Knight years from attending his first game in AH, I just want a team that scraps like dogs on defense and can shoot the ball from all positions. Do that, and we’re not a freaking laughing stock anymore. I’d take any coach that can turn AH back into the toughest place to play in college basketball. Is that too much to ask before my clock expires?

I don’t know. When you get past the initial excitement about this, it starts to seem like, if true, that it is being handled pretty ineptly with the leaks, in-fighting, rumors, etc. Is Pearl now going to have to address this with the media prior to the post-season? This is a mess. I have zero confidence that Dolson can pull it off…
He pulled a power play on QB. If that dumb sumbitch would just do HIS job, this wouldn’t need to be sloppy at all. Dolson is doing what he has to do. Period.

Ok. Just for the helluva it i’m going to throw three names out there.
Tommy Lloyd
Mark Pope
Mick Cronin
Ok…I’ll bite, why these three? The only one that kind of excites me is Tommy Lloyd.

You hardly ever post, why now?

Are you just flinging sh!t to see what sticks or do you have more to add here? If so, please do. Thanks.

Ok…I’ll bite, why these three? The only one that kind of excites me is Tommy Lloyd.

You hardly ever post, why now?

Are you just flinging sh!t to see what sticks or do you have more to add here? If so, please do. Thanks.
I lurk here on a daily basis and flinging sh!t seems to be the norm. In an attempt to spur some thought and discussion, I threw those names out there because I think they're intriguing. It makes no difference about preferences because none of us has any influence who will be the next coach or when.

Reactions: CG Paul
Because he did and you are willing to overlook it , just like trump it does not matter what he did no integrity.
Will, every single coach in major P5 has done things. It’s how the NCAA views it and responds to it that makes us say things about integrity. The NCAA has no integrity either. Sometimes you have to do things to win. It’s no different than cheap shots on the court. Larry Bird, Magic…etc did some questionable things while leading their team. It’s part of the game and has been for decades. Hell even one of our own coaches did things in the 50s that is considered “cheating”. If you believe Wilts accounts.

Will, every single coach in major P5 has done things. It’s how the NCAA views it and responds to it that makes us say things about integrity. The NCAA has no integrity either. Sometimes you have to do things to win. It’s no different than cheap shots on the court. Larry Bird, Magic…etc did some questionable things while leading their team. It’s part of the game and has been for decades. Hell even one of our own coaches did things in the 50s that is considered “cheating”. If you believe Wilts accounts.
I wish people wouldn’t engage with this nimrod. He simply isn’t capable of actual thought or reflection. And even though he doesn’t know if a basketball is pumped or stuffed, he brings politics into it just to make sure every soul here is crystal clear we’re dealing with a moron.

By and large I think this sort of rationalization is bullshit. There's certainly some truth to what you say, but I prefer to look upon it as bullshit because it IS possible t have integrity and also be successful.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
How confident are you that there really is a tug or war going on between Scott and QB?
Who knows? But I’ll give you 100% credit for using “tug of war” to describe it. I’m always curious how these kinds of sayings came about. Anyone know the origin of it?

How confident are you that there really is a tug or war going on between Scott and QB?
I know where you are going with this. The PR battle has begun. A KathC is posting on Btown. That’s classic grooming and steering the narrative. She/he is a new poster. Two camps are emerging on the direction of the program and one is going to win eventually. Dokson can stop this with a vote of confidence.

I know where you are going with this. The PR battle has begun. A KathC is posting on Btown. That’s classic grooming and steering the narrative. She/he is a new poster. Two camps are emerging on the direction of the program.
I’m clueless on that one. What’s a KathC and what’s Btown?

It’s such a shame IUBB is not a professionally governed and managed organization. We would be a successful program if it was.

Once again, as it has been for 25 years, we have extreme levels of internal politics creating turmoil and making a good decision difficult. I don’t know what will happen but there is clearly a lot of dysfunction that is not good.

Last edited:
Btown banners. Kathy just appeared out of nowhere to post. Trying to change the PR narrative.
If you ask me, nobody really "inside" this situation is going to create an account and start posting on an internet fan forum. People on boards like the IU BOT are not middle schoolers, they are generally highly professional adults and know when to keep their mouths shut, and don't really care about social media chatter. Nothing will leak until it's intended to leak.

Far more likely "Kathy" is some random troll getting his jollies.

Who knows? But I’ll give you 100% credit for using “tug of war” to describe it. I’m always curious how these kinds of sayings came about. Anyone know the origin of it?
well, there used to be this game you played with a big rope and 2 sides...

If you like words and phrases, see if your local NPR station has a show on called A Way with Words. They delve into this very subject.

If you ask me, nobody really "inside" this situation is going to create an account and start posting on an internet fan forum. People on boards like the IU BOT are not middle schoolers, they are generally highly professional adults and know when to keep their mouths shut, and don't really care about social media chatter. Nothing will leak until it's intended to leak.

Far more likely "Kathy" is some random troll getting his jollies.
Fred Glass once said something like "those who know don't talk." Those who talk don't know." Yes I imagine "Kathy'" is nothing more than a troll getting plenty of laughs over the reaction he/she is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT