ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic Expectations

He’s also a self-titled “Mass-Hole.” I’m still not quite healed from that slam. Totally uncalled for and classless. But that’s about the only public misstep I’ve ever heard him make.
I don’t think he means anything bad — he needed to quell the rumors. I know he met with Dolson at least once this year. He still likes IU.

I doubt he leaves a top NBA organization fighting for a title. That would be crazy. I don’t even consider him a realistic option.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I don’t think he means anything bad — he needed to quell the rumors. I know he met with Dolson at least once this year. He still likes IU.

I doubt he leaves a top NBA organization fighting for a title. That would be crazy. I don’t even consider him a realistic option.
What? First I’d heard that one. What in the wide world of sports would he be meeting with Dolson about?

Hoiberg has a .284 win percentage in the B10 in 5 years at Nebraska and .391 overall during that span. In his prior 5 years at Iowa State he was only .557 in the B12.
He parlayed that ISU gig into one helluva payday. Someone must’ve been impressed.

Hoiberg has a .284 win percentage in the B10 in 5 years at Nebraska and .391 overall during that span. In his prior 5 years at Iowa State he was only .557 in the B12.
All very interesting, but why is he called the mayor?

Went all the way back to when he was a player at Iowa State. Not sure why, but he was a popular write-in candidate for some mayoral race at the time.
So his nickname should really be "write-in candidate for some mayoral race hoiberg". Since he apparently wasn't actually elected.

The frustration level is extremely high in Hoosier Nation, we have all had enough of this poor product that we see on the floor game after game. So...what are some realistic expectations moving forward? So many want Woodson gone, but who is a viable candidate to come coach in Bloomington? If Dolson decides to pull the trigger to let Woodson go (this year or next), he better have the next coach ready to go. He cannot get rid of Woodson and then try to figure things out! Have a coach ready to come in and take over, pay whoever it is!
- Re-structure the program from top to bottom
- Establish a new culture
- Make recruiting a top priority - get kids who will "fit" the program and the expectations.
- Coach and Teach!
- Get assistants who are willing to put the time and effort in! (Who is the one on the bench that looks like he always half-asleep?)
- No more black, ugly uniforms!

- Make a list right now of the Top 5 Head Coaching candidates and start having conversations. Money should not be an object!

- Who are your "realistic" HC candidates?
Everyone saying “restructure program” or anything like that is using it as a catch all because we don’t know how to really run a program like IU basketball. Not calling you out specifically, I have just seen this from several people. For all I know, I have said similar when pissed and I just find it funny.

We just know it seems there needs to be change, and I believe any coach who comes in should evaluate the program from top to bottom, and a really good coach will know what to change and what might already be good and worth keeping in place. There is no way this program isn’t at least doing some things the right way.

Everyone saying “restructure program” or anything like that is using it as a catch all because we don’t know how to really run a program like IU basketball. Not calling you out specifically, I have just seen this from several people. For all I know, I have said similar when pissed and I just find it funny.

We just know it seems there needs to be changed, and I believe any coach who comes in should evaluate the program from top to bottom, and a really good coach will know what to change and what might already be good and worth keeping in place. There is no way this program isn’t at least doing some things the right way.
So you think we should keep the cheerleaders after all?

Reactions: 76-1
So his nickname should really be "write-in candidate for some mayoral race hoiberg". Since he apparently wasn't actually elected.
It’s a freaking nickname man. Probably never buys a drink or dinner anywhere around Ames. You know, like most politicians.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT