ADVERTISEMENT

Will Quinn offer Woodson a lifetime contract extension?

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
Seems Dolson has hitched his wagon to the Quinn-Woodson combo. So while other big name schools upgrade their coaching position in an attempt to win more games. And firing their coaches even though they have several promising incoming recruits. Woodson has zero incoming HS or transfer portal recruits and his job is seemingly more secure than any other college basketball coach in the country. There appears to be no urgency for Woodson to recruit, he appears to be safe whether he has a team next season or plays with 3 guys and a bunch of walk ons. Maybe Woodson can have a campus wide tryout for some NIL free education money? Make it a Reality TV Show on B1G Network. If we are not allowed to win, we might as well enjoy losing in style and with a sense of humor along the way. Like IU Football, IU Basketball needs to get Relevant, or get Out!

Seems Dolson has hitched his wagon to Quinn-Woodson combo. So while other big name schools upgrade their coaching position in an attempt to win more games. And firing their coaches even though they have incoming HS recruits. Woodson has zero incoming recruits and his job is seemingly more secure than any other college basketball coach in the country. There is no urgency for Woodson to recruit, he appears to be safe whether he has a team next season or plays with 3 guys and walk ons. Maybe Woodson can have a campus wide tryout for some NIL free education money? Make it a Reality TV Show on B1G Network. If we are not allowed to win, might as well enjoy losing in style along the way. Like IU Football, IU Basketball needs to get Relevant, or get Out!
So secure they have to announce he will be back?

Lame duck. I doubt PU announces Painter is returning or Hurley is returning to UConn
IU Admin making sure the fanbase & recruits know that Coach Woodson is returning. That is more than anyone else, that’s secure in his job.

IU Admin making sure the fanbase & recruits know that Coach Woodson is returning. That is more than anyone else, that’s secure in his job.
Odd statement to make. Doesn’t help recruiting at all

Seems Dolson has hitched his wagon to the Quinn-Woodson combo. So while other big name schools upgrade their coaching position in an attempt to win more games. And firing their coaches even though they have several promising incoming recruits. Woodson has zero incoming HS or transfer portal recruits and his job is seemingly more secure than any other college basketball coach in the country. There appears to be no urgency for Woodson to recruit, he appears to be safe whether he has a team next season or plays with 3 guys and a bunch of walk ons. Maybe Woodson can have a campus wide tryout for some NIL free education money? Make it a Reality TV Show on B1G Network. If we are not allowed to win, we might as well enjoy losing in style and with a sense of humor along the way. Like IU Football, IU Basketball needs to get Relevant, or get Out!
You mean the same Dolson that was leaking Woodson contract details to the press in order to keep stirring up speculation and make it clear how easy it would be to move on? That guy hitched his wagon to Woodson and Buckner?

Jesus, this board is schizo.

You mean the same Dolson that was leaking Woodson contract details to the press in order to keep stirring up speculation and make it clear how easy it would be to move on? That guy hitched his wagon to Woodson and Buckner?

Jesus, this board is schizo.
Agree, just Dolson has no power to make a move

Reactions: CriticArisen
Lame duck. I doubt PU announces Painter is returning or Hurley is returning to UConn
Maybe they are not returning?
If Painter loses again in the NCAA Tournament and the banner starved pu fanbase turns on Painter, does Painter gracefully exit stage left and take an upgraded coaching job where he can realistically win a title sometime in his coaching career? After pu loses, and seeing Edey gone, Painter might say, that was my best shot that I will ever have at pu. It is now time to cash in while my coaching name is as hot of a commodity as it will ever be?

Reactions: Indyhorn
I think if there is anyway they can bring him back for a 5th year they will. If he even sniffs the NCAA next year they will extend him and bring him back. This is not a serious administration when it comes to men's basketball so do not expect them to do serious thing. We are now a womens bbal school.

Odd statement to make. Doesn’t help recruiting at all
It was because fans were in an uproar but he was always coming back. They have no intention of parting ways with him now or probably even after next year. HS recruiting is dead but that is ok cause woodson is going to run it back in the portal!!

Reactions: ndhuntington
Maybe they are not returning?
If Painter loses again in the NCAA Tournament and the banner starved pu fanbase turns on Painter, does Painter gracefully exit stage left and take an upgraded coaching job where he can realistically win a title sometime in his coaching career? After pu loses, and seeing Edey gone, Painter might say, that was my best shot that I will ever have at pu. It is now time to cash in while my coaching name is as hot of a commodity as it will ever be?
Doubtful of that scenario

Woodson returning is like the interview between RMK and Connie Chung, it's inevitable so you might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Ironically the outcome is the same.

Woodson returning is like the interview between RMK and Connie Chung, it's inevitable so you might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Ironically the outcome is the same.
He may get a few decent portal guys that will get pumped up all summer long. But in reality as long as he sticks to the same offense he is using nothing will change next year. Like you said the outcome is the same.

It seems outside of Dolson, there isn’t much momentum to change out Woody. A lot of the decision making parties would need to change their minds, and remember some of them just like Woody as a RMK player and the whole winning thing isn’t as important as some may like.

Another bad season and a change may happen. I’m just saying it doesn’t feel too close. If it weren’t for Rabby/Trilly whiffing on this topic it would not have felt close this year.

It seems outside of Dolson, there isn’t much momentum to change out Woody. A lot of the decision making parties would need to change their minds, and remember some of them just like Woody as a RMK player and the whole winning thing isn’t as important as some may like.

Another bad season and a change may happen. I’m just saying it doesn’t feel too close. If it weren’t for Rabby/Trilly whiffing on this topic it would not have felt close this year.
Thre is lots of momentuem but just not with Quinn and the big boosters. It is clear they are the ones controlling this and as long as the couple big boosters keep coughing up money for woodson nothing will change. We are being held hostage by those two factions. Trying to get rid of a former Knight player was never going to be easy and why I never wanted one hired in the first place.

Thre is lots of momentuem but just not with Quinn and the big boosters. It is clear they are the ones controlling this and as long as the couple big boosters keep coughing up money for woodson nothing will change. We are being held hostage by those two factions. Trying to get rid of a former Knight player was never going to be easy and why I never wanted one hired in the first place.
Those are two big factions within the decision making group unfortunately!

images

Buckner has already got king Woodson ready for the throne.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT