ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not happy about, but…

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
Woodson is the first IU coach I truly do not like. There have been other coaches that I was not fond of (Archie/Crean), but I didn’t have any sort of disdain towards them. They appeared to be hard workers and did their best. I supported them to the end(or near it), probably to a fault.

But not this go round. I supported Woodson, despite the warning signs through the first two seasons and at least half this season. I have grown weary from the performance of his teams, his demeanor and what appears to be his lack of urgency or ability to field a complete team.

The shit coming out about his lack of continuous communication and awareness of recruiting (both HS and portal) has put the final nail in the coffin for me. Frankly, I would rather watch him fail epically next year than have any chance at returning as our coach.

I no longer listen to his post game comments. I don’t bother reading articles about him unless it is titled in a manner that indicates he may be fired, and now I am in a state of apathy towards the men’s basketball program as a whole.

I won’t rent a service, attend a game in person, and unless he pulls off a miracle of a haul, I’m not sure how many games I will watch next year. Maybe I will change my mind about watching the team, because I really want to root on the players. But it is difficult to do so when many wins means potentially another year of Woodson.

Maybe Woodson is a nice guy and he just needs better PR. But I’m going with my gut. I will continue to view him as an arrogant, self centered, stubborn and lazy old man who is well past his prime in the game of basketball.

Woodson is the first IU coach I truly do not like. There have been other coaches that I was not fond of (Archie/Crean), but I didn’t have any sort of disdain towards them. They appeared to be hard workers and did their best. I supported them to the end(or near it), probably to a fault.

But not this go round. I supported Woodson, despite the warning signs through the first two seasons and at least half this season. I have grown weary from the performance of his teams, his demeanor and what appears to be his lack of urgency or ability to field a complete team.

The shit coming out about his lack of continuous communication and awareness of recruiting (both HS and portal) has put the final nail in the coffin for me. Frankly, I would rather watch him fail epically next year than have any chance at returning as our coach.

I no longer listen to his post game comments. I don’t bother reading articles about him unless it is titled in a manner that indicates he may be fired, and now I am in a state of apathy towards the men’s basketball program as a whole.

I won’t rent a service, attend a game in person, and unless he pulls off a miracle of a haul, I’m not sure how many games I will watch next year. Maybe I will change my mind about watching the team, because I really want to root on the players. But it is difficult to do so when many wins means potentially another year of Woodson.

Maybe Woodson is a nice guy and he just needs better PR. But I’m going with my gut. I will continue to view him as an arrogant, self centered, stubborn and lazy old man who is well past his prime in the game of basketball.
Lazy, arrogant, stubborn, entitled, and dumb is not a good formula for a head coach…

heading out , made a drink for the road that is probably to strong, do pop another coke and throw 85 percent of it away , or possibly but myself in a bad position with a way to strong drink, that's what m dealing with

Personally, I think that he has more to sort out on the front end than the back end when it comes to next year & how many wholes need to be filled.

If we keep everybody except X & Mr. Walker & loses 2 to the portal/grad - he would be looking to fill 4 total slots - (assuming KW, MR, & MM & PS are the returning front line.)

So, LM was one slot. I think that he was really looking to cherry pick 3 portal guys to compliment. Now he needs 4 portal guys. Or maybe another shooting guard from HS. Remember JN is like a freshman.

Im not happy about me being on a few of the players(MM and KW) earlier in the year. Ive come to realize I dont think they understood their places or duties to be enacted on the court. My bad. I also am happy that they have shown improvement in spite of the" coaching" staff being what they are. A win tomorrow on senior day against zizzo would be great for the players and us fans. TG and AL, kick some butt. 4 in a row is a good thing going into the BTT and maybe the improbable just might happen. Lets go IU!

Personally, I think that he has more to sort out on the front end than the back end when it comes to next year & how many wholes need to be filled.

If we keep everybody except X & Mr. Walker & loses 2 to the portal/grad - he would be looking to fill 4 total slots - (assuming KW, MR, & MM & PS are the returning front line.)

So, LM was one slot. I think that he was really looking to cherry pick 3 portal guys to compliment. Now he needs 4 portal guys. Or maybe another shooting guard from HS. Remember JN is like a freshman.
Ware is gone. 2 graduating and probably 3-4 in the portal. Already down 1 from this season. Would need 5-6 top portal recruits. Not likely. Then meld into a team with inadequate teachers. Hickory had better odds.

He really is not a very likeable guy at all. He i guess at the beginning was able to blow smoke but the things coming out make him sound like an arrogant jerk. Bob Knight was an arrogant jerk but he actually won so many just blew it aside. I at this point do not care woodson played at iu 43 years ago.

Ware is gone. 2 graduating and probably 3-4 in the portal. Already down 1 from this season. Would need 5-6 top portal recruits. Not likely. Then meld into a team with inadequate teachers. Hickory had better odds.
Well, Hickory had Jimmy Chitwood, who could shoot. Woody wouldn't be interested in a team like Hickory. They didn't run the double post and could actually shoot...

Well, Hickory had Jimmy Chitwood, who could shoot. Woody wouldn't be interested in a team like Hickory. They didn't run the double post and could actually shoot...
They also had Norman Dale who taught fundamentals and teamwork. I actually played in several of the gyms in the movie and my mom was a cheerleader for the school that lost to Milan. A different era.

Only guy that cares more about IU basketball than us is CMW.
uncle-scrooge-mcduck-money.gif

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
They also had Norman Dale who taught fundamentals and teamwork. I actually played in several of the gyms in the movie and my mom was a cheerleader for the school that lost to Milan. A different era.
And they had shooter who knew everything about cedar knob.

Reactions: trailrunner

Wow you must have really hated Bob Knight then.

Reactions: Thcgh
He really is not a very likeable guy at all. He i guess at the beginning was able to blow smoke but the things coming out make him sound like an arrogant jerk. Bob Knight was an arrogant jerk but he actually won so many just blew it aside. I at this point do not care woodson played at iu 43 years ago.
The Coug can be a jerk too, you wish it weren't so, but then it is when you see it in person.

So, you think Woodson is like CBK?
You wrote that you have disdain for Woodson that you didn’t with Crean and Miller: “But I’m going with my gut. I will continue to view him as an arrogant, self centered, stubborn and lazy old man who is well past his prime in the game of basketball.”

CBK probably would have described himself using those words. He certainly did his share of fishing and hunting. If you didn’t have disdain for CBK, perhaps there’s something else a out him you don’t like.

Knight had charisma and charm sometimes too

You wrote that you have disdain for Woodson that you didn’t with Crean and Miller: “But I’m going with my gut. I will continue to view him as an arrogant, self centered, stubborn and lazy old man who is well past his prime in the game of basketball.”

CBK probably would have described himself using those words. He certainly did his share of fishing and hunting. If you didn’t have disdain for CBK, perhaps there’s something else an out him you don’t like.
I don’t consider CBK arrogant, self centered or lazy. Stubborn, maybe…

Good god. So emotional. All up in your feels. The fact that you are somehow cool with Archie and Crean, but not Woodson, speaks to the fact that you’re reacting to something that has little to do with basketball. Did you post this tonight, after their win against MSU? LOL

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT