ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson Quotes Tonight...SMH

demunn

Sophomore
Mar 15, 2017
Woodson summing up his relationship with Xavier Johnson: "If he needs anything, I'm gonna be there for him ... because he was there for me when I needed him on the floor."

Mike Woodson: "We’ve just got a lot of work to do this summer to get better. I don’t want to be sitting here this time next year not in the tournament."

Woodson on portal opening soon: "This thing is going to come very quickly. We’ve got to be in a position to do our due diligence and our homework on these players."

Last edited:
Woodson summing up his relationship with Xavier Johnson: "If he needs anything, I'm gonna be there for him ... because he was there for me when I needed him on the floor."Woodson summing up his relationship with Xavier Johnson: "If he needs anything, I'm gonna be there for him ... because he was there for me when I needed him on the floor."
Lol what?

He can start his due diligence today.

Rabby reporting that IU will pass on the NIT.

Define “announce”.

I’m not naive enough to think that the poaching process hasn’t been underway for a while now.
Good point. I had not even thought about tampering. I assume coaches have to have a middle man. I wonder who that is.

When do players usually announce for the portal?
I think they can announce when the season is over. I guess that means they have to wait to see if we get an NIT bid or if we accept it. I don't think we'll accept because I think we'd have a bunch of guys not play. What would it look like with no KW, XJ, MM, MR, TG... ? I would think the NIT is on it's last breath. Sad, because of it's history but the portal will kill it.

I think they can announce when the season is over. I guess that means they have to wait to see if we get an NIT bid or if we accept it. I don't think we'll accept because I think we'd have a bunch of guys not play. What would it look like with no KW, XJ, MM, MR, TG... ?
Maybe better?

He can start his due diligence today.

Rabby reporting that IU will pass on the NIT.
Can we “pass” on the NCAA tournament too?
Good point. I had not even thought about tampering. I assume coaches have to have a middle man. I wonder who that is.
not sure if the staff, or the boosters are considered the middle man anymore. The 💰 is supposed to come from the boosters, so I assume they would be the ones trying to get players to switch teams.

Can we “pass” on the NCAA tournament too?

not sure if the staff, or the boosters are considered the middle man anymore. The 💰 is supposed to come from the boosters, so I assume they would be the ones trying to get players to switch teams.
So a booster wanting a high school guy or a player not even in the portal yet, calls the kid directly and offers some combination of cars, girls, money, and no need for academics. Seems like there should be some rules, but maybe not.

• Sad
Reactions: IndyGlen
Woodson summing up his relationship with Xavier Johnson: "If he needs anything, I'm gonna be there for him ... because he was there for me when I needed him on the floor."

Mike Woodson: "We’ve just got a lot of work to do this summer to get better. I don’t want to be sitting here this time next year not in the tournament."

Woodson on portal opening soon: "This thing is going to come very quickly. We’ve got to be in a position to do our due diligence and our homework on these players."
Inspiring quotes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT