ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Woodson is one of the laziest college coaches I've ever seen

Bob Knight was motivated by winning, something I'm not sure this staff totally understands.

This is what's caught me off guard more than anything else, like where is that ego coming from? He's won nothing on his coaching career.

It would be easier to stomach If he was more humble and willing to change but he acts like IU has been great under him. Which it obviously has not.
Alot of people are seeing this......must be some validity to it. I don't know if this character flaw is fixable....if Woodson was 36 instead of 66....maybe so. But the dude is in his sunset coaching years. Change ain't easy.

You sure about that?? When I was a kid he was at 4 games of Kreigh Smith. Also listen to the stories of when RMk was recruiting Isaiah.
RMK absolutely recruited. Honestly he was ahead of his time in his recruiting approach. He won over the mom before the player.
They are probably eluding to Knights last four or five classes at Indiana.
2000- McdAA Jared Jeffries, AJ Moye, Andre Owens, Mike Roberts?(rs)

1999- Jeff Newton, George Leach(rs), Kei Madison saga

1998- McdAA Dane Fife, Lynn Washington, Jared Odle, Kyke Hornsby(rs)

1997- Mcd AA Luke Recker, William Gladness, Kirk Haston(rs)

1996- Mcd AA Jason Collier, AJ Guyton, Michael Lewis, Luke Jiminez (rs)

1995- Haris Mujezinovic (juco), Chris Rowles (juco), Larry Richardson (rs) Lue Moore.

Prlly talking about these lazy recruited classes. Orher than 1995, I think he got a passing grade on each.

Last edited:
I think Sparks and Walker are examples of his laziness.

With respect to Sparks, I have to admit I thought he'd be able to contribute more than he did., even though he didn't fit was MW was looking for. Apparently, MW also misjudged his ability to contribute. Remember, before the season, the comments about how productive he was looking in workouts/informal scrimmages? WTH was that about? Woodson spoke highly of him at the time.

Then adding Walker but no guards....wonder what our connection was there? Because the guy's stats in 4 years at Miami were not impressive and would not seemingly have generated our interest. He ended up having his most efficient year in college, imo, but he was still mediocre. We were told 'he's better than nothing', and that was probably right. My only ask then of Woodson was that he forbid him to take 3s, because he was a lifetime 21%, and liked to shoot them. He took fewer here but Woody would never tell a player not to shoot if he's open........so he took 17, and made 2.
The positive of Walker was that he was an upgrade over Geronimo.

Absolutely........he might have been my favorite all-time player, but he's treating this job like a part-time retiree. And some humility and awareness at this point would go a long way.
Which watching him get marginal results will be amazing for his ego. Or entertainment for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT