ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson and X

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
I read where Woodson and X blame some of IUs struggles on being young. I’m so sick of the BS excuse. It’s college basketball and most of the kids are young. The good players stay 2-3 years. Woodson continues to be clueless. Does he expect to have a roster of 6 year seniors?

Don't think Woodson is clueless, he didn't get himself in this situation intentionally, but he is nonetheless responsible for it. He bet on X being healthy, on having Newton, having JHS at least one more year, getting more from Gunn and Banks. He lost all those bets.

I read where Woodson and X blame some of IUs struggles on being young. I’m so sick of the BS excuse. It’s college basketball and most of the kids are young. The good players stay 2-3 years. Woodson continues to be clueless. Does he expect to have a roster of 6 year seniors?
Not so many hotshot freshmen these days. Players are in their 5th and 6th years these days.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
How can you say that starting a freshman PG, freshman forward, sophomore PF, & sophomore center against teams like Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska etc.. (All with a number of returning starters) is not a factor?

How many games has most of the Purdue team played together? 70+..

If you do not think that youth makes a difference, you are delusional..

Don't think Woodson is clueless, he didn't get himself in this situation intentionally, but he is nonetheless responsible for it. He bet on X being healthy, on having Newton, having JHS at least one more year, getting more from Gunn and Banks. He lost all those bets.
The word all last year was jhs was one and done woodson is just using it as an excuse he knew he was gone. Newton has always been hurt so counting on him was again another excuse or just horrible decision. And thinking gunn would be a major player does woodson not watch these guys its clear he is nowhere close to being a solid player.

giphy.gif

The word is that there are 6 players giving SR speeches today. We must be one of the oldest teams around with that many players in their final home game.

• Wow
Reactions: Indyhorn
The word is that there are 6 players giving SR speeches today. We must be one of the oldest teams around with that many players in their final home game.
After a quick glance, I only see X, Leal, and Galloway listed as Seniors. not even seeing walk-ons listed as Seniors. Maybe some student managers giving speeches?

After a quick glance, I only see X, Leal, and Galloway listed as Seniors. not even seeing walk-ons listed as Seniors. Maybe some student managers giving speeches?
You missed my point.

what does it matter if a player is a freshman or sophomore if they aren’t sticking around?

For practical purposes, JHS was a SR last year. You can’t call someone young that’s in his final year.

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
You missed my point.

what does it matter if a player is a freshman or sophomore if they aren’t sticking around?

For practical purposes, JHS was a SR last year. You can’t call someone young that’s in his final year.

I guess you weren't very clear with your point then. You said "6 players are giving sr. Speeches today". Six players departing, maybe.

• Wow
Starting 2 Sophomores and 2 Frosh is a young bunch no matter what program it is. But not having an Xavier Johnson full time is now the lost commodity. A Frosh PG can learn fast during OJT but his mistakes are a heavy price. But I do agree Coach Woodson owns the team and their results.

How can you say that starting a freshman PG, freshman forward, sophomore PF, & sophomore center against teams like Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska etc.. (All with a number of returning starters) is not a factor?

How many games has most of the Purdue team played together? 70+..

If you do not think that youth makes a difference, you are delusional..
I agree IUFANBB.

Hell yes one of the reasons we suck is because we are so young. Who's fault is it that we are so young? The head coach maybe? Terrible roster building buy Woodson coupled with terrible leadership from our 6th year point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT