ADVERTISEMENT

McNeeley…

HoosierAlum07

Junior
Dec 30, 2013
Still sounds excited to come here after this crap year. Seems like a good kid, but sounds clueless on knowing what he is getting himself into. He has bought into CMWs NBA style hype that doesnt work in cbball. He quoted that IUs losing only because of bad 3pt shooting, which is only a small part of why we are losing!? Coaching being the biggest problem. Must have a huge NIL deal or something!

https://247sports.com/college/india...ketball-liam-mcneeley-mike-woodson-227548402/

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Money Job GIF by NETFLIX

Still sounds excited to come here after this crap year. Seems like a good kid, but sounds clueless on knowing what he is getting himself into. He has bought into CMWs NBA style hype that doesnt work in cbball. He quoted that IUs losing only because of bad 3pt shooting, which is only a small part of why we are losing!? Coaching being the biggest problem. Must have a huge NIL deal or something!

https://247sports.com/college/india...ketball-liam-mcneeley-mike-woodson-227548402/
Ware, Mgbako, Reneau could all be gone, so Liam will be the the only star and should pull in huge bucks next season. Some think he might ask out of his LOI, but he’d be losing hundreds of thousands if he does. Take the money while you’re young and you can.

He legit will make a million bucks at IU next year. Would be crazy to leave. People go to the nba here, who cares if the team sucks? Not JHS.

Just the idiots like me that pay them. I learned tho, not another dime from me till woody is gone.
This isn’t a positive for Iu. Quit buying high ranked guys for a year. It doesn’t work.

Why do I have this recurring dream of McNeeley shooting brick after brick next year with a flat, discombobulated, sideways-floating jumper reminiscent of a Gallo-Cupps combo platter? Isn’t this now the staff that can break virtually any premier shooter into an absolute hack in less than one full season? Seems to be the case.

The team will be sub .500 playing in front of 6,000 booing fans at AH, but he’ll still get his loot. It’s a bizarre world In Bloomington these days.

I sincerely hope he has a big money deal and gets a great education. Unlikely to get much else.

Kinda proves what I have been saying... these NIL babies are all about the money. They don't really care about winning, just money, promoting thy self, and status with the League.

Last edited:
Just maybe…the PU, Iowa st, Baylor of the world have it figured out. Don’t pay them until they have done something worth it
I made a thread 6 moths or so again that said I might pubicly say I will give an athlete some compensation for coming back after achieving all big ten. Something like 5k for third team, 10k for second, 25k for 1st team all big ten. Now think if we did that on a larger scale.

I actually do agree, you have to make it about production. You could actually structure a deal for production that year. like I will give you a bonus like the coaches get if we go to the sweet 16 etc. Anything is on the table. We should for sure make it about production now.

I do totally agree, give a 18 year old 500k or a million bucks before they step foot on the AH floor? Well that's stupid. they aren't gonna try as hard as they can. We are making them entitled little shits. Make them earn it.

I made a thread 6 moths or so again that said I might pubicly say I will give an athlete some compensation for coming back after achieving all big ten. Something like 5k for third team, 10k for second, 25k for 1st team all big ten. Now think if we did that on a larger scale.

I actually do agree, you have to make it about production. You could actually structure a deal for production that year. like I will give you a bonus like the coaches get if we go to the sweet 16 etc. Anything is on the table. We should for sure make it about production now.

I do totally agree, give a 18 year old 500k or a million bucks before they step foot on the AH floor? Well that's stupid. they aren't gonna try as hard as they can. We are making them entitled little shits. Make them earn it.
Sadly, that horse has already left the barn. Too late to turn back now. Pay me now AND pay me later is the new way.

Kinda proves what I have been saying... these NIL babies are all about the money. They don't really care about winning, just money, promoting thy self, and status with the League.
Seem to be making a lot of assumptions about a kid who to me has seemed like a really good kid. I am confident KU was offering to pay him similarly. They ain't Sisters of the Poor!

Seem to be making a lot of assumptions about a kid who to me has seemed like a really good kid. I am confident KU was offering to pay him similarly. They ain't Sisters of the Poor!
Maybe KU is still offering as we speak

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Why do I have this recurring dream of McNeeley shooting brick after brick next year with a flat, discombobulated, sideways-floating jumper reminiscent of a Gallo-Cupps combo platter? Isn’t this now the staff that can break virtually any premier shooter into an absolute hack in less than one full season? Seems to be the case.

The team will be sub .500 playing in front of 6,000 booing fans at AH, but he’ll still get his loot. It’s a bizarre world In Bloomington these days.
His shot turning into Lance Stemler after his concussion. Hope not!

• Wow
McNeeley plays hard, can shoot, and will immediately have the highest ball IQ of anyone on the team. Kid is a winner and you just hope his culture rubs off on others. Less double teams will happen if Malik stays and he should open the floor for others. Go get some guards that can score the ball from the portal, and they must hate losing...

I don't know what the answer is. IU choosing one way and Purdue choosing another. Right now Purdue looks like they made the right moves. It's confusing. If IU gets the right combination of bought players they might be good. Can't say I like the state of college athletics.

Its why communism doesn't work. People need incentive.

I actually like that reaction. He sees that he fills a need.

McNeeley plays hard, can shoot, and will immediately have the highest ball IQ of anyone on the team. Kid is a winner and you just hope his culture rubs off on others. Less double teams will happen if Malik stays and he should open the floor for others. Go get some guards that can score the ball from the portal, and they must hate losing...

Does.Not.Matter.

You still have the equivalent of the captain of the Exxon Valdez guiding this mess.
Until you remove the big problem here, it’s like sticking a finger into a gaping hole in the dam. Not going to matter.

I said this a few weeks ago, and I will say it again... I am talking about 5* NIL bonus babies in general. Not talking about McNeely specifically. I don't know him, and I don't know what he is about. But from what others have said, what is the motivation for coming? It must not be to win championships. Not with this sh!t show.

Reactions: CriticArisen

He's not all wrong. We hit didn't hit a 3-point shot today until more than 38 minutes had elapsed, at a point where it was too late to matter. If we had a couple of guys who could reliably hit 3 point shots this season is entirely different.

Well, you certainly aren't helping.

McNeely can ball. He will start next year.

Reactions: Spartans9312
This isn’t a positive for Iu. Quit buying high ranked guys for a year. It doesn’t work.
I’ll say the dirty word around. The Painter way at Purdue is the model we should use.

I had a good friend who died unexpectedly at age 49 in January 2022.

He was good friends with Painter. Our last conversation was about what Painter did after finishing at the bottom of the B10. He thought the most important thing Painter did was hire Chad Brown to test every player before being offered a scholarship. He insisted if the player didn’t test out for the kind of human being Painter wanted, they weren’t offered a scholarship.

I’ll say the dirty word around. The Painter way at Purdue is the model we should use.

I had a good friend who died unexpectedly at age 49 in January 2022.

He was good friends with Painter. Our last conversation was about what Painter did after finishing at the bottom of the B10. He thought the most important thing Painter did was hire Chad Brown to test every player before being offered a scholarship. He insisted if the player didn’t test out for the kind of human being Painter wanted, they weren’t offered a scholarship.

I might add my friend in the Convenience Store business swore by these personality tests.

I’d guess this dude would test our players and declare there’s no way in hell this collection can work. And if the staff was tested, he’d say “you jokers are completely inept for the requirements of this job.”
I think these personality tests might reveal someone like Kaufman would have an ego that he would allow himself to be redshirted for the good of the team?

Ware, Mgbako, Reneau could all be gone, so Liam will be the the only star and should pull in huge bucks next season. Some think he might ask out of his LOI, but he’d be losing hundreds of thousands if he does. Take the money while you’re young and you can.
He could receive big NIL money almost anywhere and I am sure other programs will offer him.

What’s the downside for him? Comes to a team desperate for shooting.
Comes to a system with no emphasis whatsoever on creating open shots from the perimeter. We had a 46% 3-point shooting guard last year and never tried to get him looks. As an afterthought, by hanging out in a corner and occasionally being ignored, he hoisted 4 a game. McNeeley will get more looks than Kopp did, but less than he would in >100 other programs.

Reactions: GThomas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT