ADVERTISEMENT

Buckner vs Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorbmyboy

Hall of Famer
Nov 10, 2014
This is going to get ugly. Sounds like Dolson has the guy but Buckner is the hold up. Dolson has released the hounds to get in front of the PR battle. Twitter and the media has now turned on Buckner and Woodson. Buckle up kids. Get the pitchforks out.

This is going to get ugly. Sounds like Dolson has the guy but Buckner is the hold up. Dolson has released the hounds to get in front of the PR battle. Twitter and the media has now turned on Buckner and Woodson. Buckle up kids. Get the pitchforks out.
I just posted a thread asking, what is it that would make Buckner able to hijack the program? I can't find anything in the bylaws. I guess it must be something more complicated. Is it the cache that comes with being the captain of the '76 team? Ithere.must be some tangible reasons he can hold things up?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I just posted a thread asking, what is it that would make Buckner able to hijack the program? I can't find anything in the bylaws. I guess it must be something more complicated. Is it the cache that comes with being the captain of the '76 team? Ithere.must be some tangible reasons he can hold things up?
The BOT has to vote on funds. The new contract woody signed also has a buyout clause of a 1 million a year for 12 years and woody must seek employment. This stuff is getting leaked. So far Dolson is winning the PR battle.

Scott chose war. That’s what’s being said on other outlets. Dolson is a thorny MF’er it seems.
Scott went big game hunting and made a kill. You are correct that Buckner is the hold up. We're so close to being back.

The BOT has to vote on funds. The new contract woody signed also has a buyout clause of a 1 million a year for 12 years and woody must seek employment. This stuff is getting leaked. So far Dolson is winning the PR battle.
I understand that. If the majority of the board did not agree with Buckner it would be a moot point.

Pearl flamed out at Tennesse; they have improved since he left. done a nice job at Auburn so far. has to be getting up there in age seems like he has been around forever, wouldn't be my 1st choice obviously an improvement over Woodson.

Pearl flamed out at Tennesse; they have improved since he left. done a nice job at Auburn so far. has to be getting up there in age seems like he has been around forever, wouldn't be my 1st choice obviously an improvement over Woodson.
He's nearly as old as Woodson. Not who I would have gone after. We'll be doing this again in 4 years.

He absolutely did. 👏👏👏👏👏 for Dolson. Dolson is not who we thought he was. He’s no Fred.
I've posted multiple times on here that Dolson is WAY more decisive than we give him credit for. And that his hirings and firings since he became AD, show, to me, that he cares about IU athletics being good more than any other IU AD in my lifetime.

I actually think the Woodson hire came from that desire for IU basketball to be "IU basketball" again. But that came AFTER he acted decisively on Archie, faster than many thought he would...and AFTER he shot his shot with Stevens. And then when he ended up landing on Woodson, he thought out of the box in bringing Fife and Matta in. He cares about IU being good. And he's willing to act on that.

And so far, with the Allen/Cig transition...I couldn't be more impressed.

Now...nothing has happened yet. And its possible nothing will. But like I said earlier today, something is moving, and its becoming more and more apparent Dolson is creating the chatter. If nothing else, it makes me feel better that he cares enough to do something.

Sh!t you talking about? Pearl was better than Barnes in ever instance. Had a better record. It’s not even close.

He's nearly as old as Woodson. Not who I would have gone after. We'll be doing this again in 4 years.
I don't care if he's only at IU for 2 years...if he flips the program to playing how Auburn plays...and is able to attract top talent from Indiana, Top 100 HS, and Top portal kids...We'll be in a better spot 2 years from now than we would have been if we had kept Woodson for 2 years. If he's able to coach much more than 2 years, we'll start competing for hardware again.

I don't care if he's only at IU for 2 years...if he flips the program to playing how Auburn plays...and is able to attract top talent from Indiana, Top 100 HS, and Top portal kids...We'll be in a better spot 2 years from now than we would have been if we had kept Woodson for 2 years. If he's able to coach much more than 2 years, we'll start competing for hardware again.
Cig is about same age (62) as Bruce (63).

Sh!t you talking about? Pearl was better than Barnes in ever instance. Had a better record. It’s not even close.
Here is Pearl's record...

1992 - 2001
Southern Indiana:231–46 (.834)148–28 (.841)
2001 - 2005
Milwaukee:86–38 (.694)51–13 (.797)
2005 - 2011
Tennessee:145–61 (.704)65–31 (.677)
2014 - 2024
Auburn:209–118 (.639)88–82 (.518)
Total:671–263 (.718)

they were put on probation. he got fired, now that paying people is legal, he will be fine. If you want to go on record alone. Barnes has built a damn good program. I know Pearl had them winning also. Pearl is Sampson with a better personality, he will win at IU.

He subs even more than Woodson does..
Ha ha. He does sub a lot. I'm sure that would be one of my first "bitches" about him.

One difference though...his teams play as hard, or harder, than any college program in the country.

I'm not a big believer that elite level, college aged kids, need a ton of rest...but when they play as hard as Pearl's teams do, a breather every now and then probably is beneficial.

they were put on probation. he got fired, now that paying people is legal, he will be fine. If you want to go on record alone. Barnes has built a damn good program. I know Pearl had them winning also. Pearl is Sampson with a better personality, he will win at IU.
Pearl had an elite 8, 2 sweet 16s, a .700 winning percentage and didn’t miss the tournament at UT in all 5 years. He had them rolling. The NCAA is a fecking farce!!!

Pearl had an elite 8, 2 sweet 16s, a .700 winning percentage and didn’t miss the tournament at UT in all 5 years. He had them rolling. The NCAA is a fecking farce!!!
he did, he's also a cheater and is 63 years old himself. and if you watch him on the sideline may not live long. he's an upgrade on Woodson no doubt, he's also locked in long term at 5.4 mil a year. with an annual raise. I'll believe it when I see it as far as him strolling the sideline in Assembly Hall.

he did, he's also a cheater and is 63 years old himself. and if you watch him on the sideline may not live long. he's an upgrade on Woodson no doubt, he's also locked in long term at 5.4 mil a year. with an annual raise. I'll believe it when I see it as far as him strolling the sideline in Assembly Hall.
May not end up being him.

Not flamed out due to on court success or play, but yes, I'd agree he flamed out. I didn't recall the events surrouding his dismissal. Slimy guy. We'd be selling our souls and you better have good compliance oversight, but I believe he could build a monster here... and he knows it.

Reactions: DANC
Not sure what “lined up” means. I have no doubt IU may think they have Pearl lined up, but that’s meaningless IMHO.

As for the comments in this thread above, I’ve seen only a couple that mirror my concerns. And none of my concerns are basketball related. More like stink, stank, stunk.

Not flamed out due to on court success or play, but yes, I'd agree he flamed out. I didn't recall the events surrouding his dismissal. Slimy guy. We'd be selling our souls and you better have good compliance oversight, but I believe he could build a monster here... and he knows it.

The portal and NIL wiped out most of the "cheating". The whole thing is a free agency free for all now. The only way a school can "cheat" anymore is phony classes or grades...and even that has been excused. What else is there? The brown paper bags are legal now. One could argue that Pearl was "ahead of his time" when he got in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT