ADVERTISEMENT

Buckner vs Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally no reason in the world that a "lengthy rebuild" should exist in today's NCAA. That is plain and simple BS and an excuse for a mediocre coach. I'm not fully on the Pearl Bandwagon, but year 1 we'd see a team fighting like hell and year 2 would be a championship contender.
Agreed. The guy has an infectious personality and I bet he would crush in-state recruiting as well as the portal.

Just to clarify, I doubt these rumors are true simply because they make too much sense.

Agreed. The guy has an infectious personality and I bet he would crush in-state recruiting as well as the portal.

Just to clarify, I doubt these rumors are true simply because they make too much sense.
Why have a piece of Wood when you can have a Pearl.

• Wow
Reactions: Bucket Getter
There is literally no reason in the world that a "lengthy rebuild" should exist in today's NCAA. That is plain and simple BS and an excuse for a mediocre coach. I'm not fully on the Pearl Bandwagon, but year 1 we'd see a team fighting like hell and year 2 would be a championship contender.
Gentlemen,
Maybe I am in the minority on this issue. But I think fans in general and IU fans specifically greatly overestimate how quickly a college program can move from IU's current level to a national contender and championships. The advantages of the portal bring disadvantages too.
Now Pearl, or someone like Pearl, can bring established players and recruits with them. And jumpstart the process.
But it ain't easy. And it takes time.

Gentlemen,
Maybe I am in the minority on this issue. But I think fans in general and IU fans specifically greatly overestimate how quickly a college program can move from IU's current level to a national contender and championships. The advantages of the portal bring disadvantages too.
Now Pearl, or someone like Pearl, can bring established players and recruits with them. And jumpstart the process.
But it ain't easy. And it takes time.
I don't think the majority of the fanbase is delusional and expects a F4 in the next 2 or 3 years. What EVERYONE expects is competitive basketball and solid coaching with smart players who give maximum effort. IU fans can handle the losing (occasionally), but the product on the court is simply not even remotely adequate at the moment.

I don't think the majority of the fanbase is delusional and expects a F4 in the next 2 or 3 years. What EVERYONE expects is competitive basketball and solid coaching with smart players who give maximum effort. IU fans can handle the losing (occasionally), but the product on the court is simply not even remotely adequate at the moment.
And for the record, I like many of our players. we HAVE talent and good kids, but in my view, it often appears that the sum of the parts are greater than the whole.

Reactions: Vern Pain
IU has the greatest fans in basketball. We have been losing for 20 years and still give a shit.

Amen. No matter which side of the political aisle you stand, I consider these facts. He's the most despicable public figure in my lifetime.

This is not a political statement at all, just a human one. Anyone who argues that Trump is not a piece of shit as a person ... is a piece of shit.
FO

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
he did, he's also a cheater and is 63 years old himself. and if you watch him on the sideline may not live long. he's an upgrade on Woodson no doubt, he's also locked in long term at 5.4 mil a year. with an annual raise. I'll believe it when I see it as far as him strolling the sideline in Assembly Hall.
His "cheating scandal" if I recall, involved Aaron Craft impermissibly attending a backyard bbque he was throwing ... lock him up! What other scandal do you recall, Crean's irrational bubble that anyone but himself and DD landed him what he got stuck with cheated, that tirade at ILL thing he pulled over his delusions?

Don’t you need to learn what an insurrection is you moron. You’re a dumbass because that **** Pelosi was warned up front about possible trouble but the dumb bitch said the police didn’t need help from the National Guard. I haven’t met a leftist asshole yet that wasn’t a piece of shit.
You are very unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT