ADVERTISEMENT

Bloodbath!

Prior to 2020 election, my SON-in law was in the carpenters union in Bloomington. They had a big meeting where leadership was indoctrinating them all of how to vote for biden. My SIL stood up and was explaining that there were several things that biden stands for that he just can't vote for him.
Prior to that, he was working 50+ hours per week and local. The VERY NEXT day, they could only find work for him that was 1.5 hours away and around 10 hours a week.
Not surprised in the least.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Have never heard of that dude, but he strikes me as the prototypical guy who is drawn to politics with the intent to govern the shit out of people.

He's pretty sharp. Was the lead attorney for the second Trump impeachment and did most of the public questioning of witnesses. He's an avowed Trump hater of course. Won a NY congressional seat in 2024 2022. Sits on the Judiciary Committee and counters all the MAGA shit that Jordan and Comer throw out.

Last edited:
He's pretty sharp. Was the lead attorney for the second Trump impeachment and did most of the public questioning of witnesses. He's an avowed Trump hater of course. Won a NY congressional seat in 2024. Sits on the Judiciary Committee and counters all the MAGA shit that Jordan and Comer throw out.
Is he a time traveler or have the dems already rigged the election.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
“Trump claims to be a champion for the auto worker, but when you look at the facts they show the exact opposite: his USMCA has resulted in trade deficits getting worse, not better for auto workers.”

So the UAW president thinks the USMCA (the renegotiated NAFTA) is bad.

Hmmm
Fain is from Kokomo. He's an idiot and a blowhard.

Reactions: Spartans9312
And the old-school free market, free trade people should be talking about whether Trump's protectionist ideas make any sense.
Touche

My rationale is that the old school free market, free trade people were fine with it in theory - I know I was.

Then, with NAFTA and the raping of American industry from China, reality has changed my mind in a big way.

In theory, if every country practiced free trad and fair markets, it would be fine. But if we're the only ones practicing....... screw it. We were being taken for suckers before Trump. In my opinion, of course.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Touche

My rationale is that the old school free market, free trade people were fine with it in theory - I know I was.

Then, with NAFTA and the raping of American industry from China, reality has changed my mind in a big way.

In theory, if every country practiced free trad and fair markets, it would be fine. But if we're the only ones practicing....... screw it. We were being taken for suckers before Trump. In my opinion, of course.
The fallout from Covid has really made me reevaluate some of my thoughts on certain things.

Where the hell is IGW?

If you look at the history of the trucking industry it is interesting. What I always thought of as deregulation has really just passed the Buck to a different entity as the regulator.

The fallout from Covid has really made me reevaluate some of my thoughts on certain things.

Where the hell is IGW?

If you look at the history of the trucking industry it is interesting. What I always thought of as deregulation has really just passed the Buck to a different entity as the regulator.
IGW.... I don't know. I'd like to think he's here posting under another ID - Willdog, maybe?

But he had such a distinctive posting style, I'm not sure he could change that quickly.

I hope it was his decision to just quit posting and not because of some medical issue or something.

Have never heard of that dude, but he strikes me as the prototypical guy who is drawn to politics with the intent to govern the shit out of people.
He's insufferable, from what I've seen of him.

This is a pretty good discussion of the "bloodbath" controversy. It starts at 1:30 and lasts until about 18:00. Best part, I think, is Charlie Cook at 11:50--17:15 talking about how Trump has warped both sides of the political spectrum:

Nah, he's not that smart.

You're turning him into some kind of mastermind planner of his speeches and conduct. He's not. He has a general outline of what he might talk about and then shoots from the hip. In doing so, he talks like he's always talked--through hyperbole, exaggerations, and sloppy phrases.

And the thing is, you KNOW he's not that prepared or disciplined. You've commented on it before, like all those who hate Trump.
Like with all lower level species that do smart things, I think it's more instinctual than evidence of advanced intelligence.

A reminder that Google hates you and thinks you are stupid.

Dictionary.com =/= Google

I looked it up and they are owned by Rock Financial, started and partially owned by Dan Gilbert, a contributor to Chris Christie and Donald J. Trump.

And yes, I think what Dictionary.com did is bullshit.

ETA: It doesn't look to me like they did what they are accused to doing:

bloodbath​

or blood bath​

[ bluhd-bath, -bahth ]SHOW IPA
0b29c1db2f0b1c9452c7.svg

See synonyms for bloodbath on Thesaurus.com

noun,plural blood·baths [bluhd-bathz, -bahthz, -baths, -bahths].
  1. a ruthless slaughter of a great number of people; massacre.
  2. Informal. a period of disastrous loss or reversal:A few mutual funds performed well in the general bloodbath of the stock market.

I looked it up and they are owned by Rock Financial, started and partially owned by Dan Gilbert, a contributor to Chris Christie and Donald J. Trump.

bloodbath​

or blood bath​

0b29c1db2f0b1c9452c7.svg

2. Informal. a period of disastrous loss or reversal:A few mutual funds performed well in the general bloodbath of the stock market.
Rock financial rock ventures etc. when I got into manufacturing I had some discussions with them via a buddy of mine. They are gems. Fund all sorts of stuff. Instrumental in getting Detroit going too

Reactions: BradStevens

bloodbath​

or blood bath​

0b29c1db2f0b1c9452c7.svg

No this dictionary.com definition is fine as it shows the informal and it hasn’t changed. Google is clearly promoting a different definition at the top of the search.

Reactions: DANC

bloodbath​

or blood bath​

0b29c1db2f0b1c9452c7.svg

They didn't do anything. It was a misleading meme created to fool easily angered idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT